or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › milk: does a body terrible?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

milk: does a body terrible? - Page 2

post #16 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamish5178 View Post
To open up a whole new can of worms, what about the BS "calcium" propganda?
You'll get calcium from veggies like broccoli, and without all the fat and sugar.
post #17 of 145
I wouldn't want to live in a world without milk. I drink around a liter a day of non-fat milk.
I think soy milk (and soy products in general) is disgusting and "unnatural"
post #18 of 145
There's nothing seriously wrong wtih milk. If you like it, dirnk it. But it is not essential by any means.
post #19 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg View Post
Nowhere hear the amount of sugar you get for the amount of protein provided in fruit juice

(I mention this only as it pertains to the content of the OP)

ahahaha, I remember when I used to drink several of those 2- pint containers of skim milk a day to "gain muscle" and a whole lot else.

"This whole thing has less sugar than a can of coke!"
post #20 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by quevola View Post
I wouldn't want to live in a world without milk. I drink around a liter a day of non-fat milk.
I think soy milk (and soy products in general) is disgusting and "unnatural"

I agree with what you said about living in a world without milk. I've been drinking skim milk for as long as I can remember and nothing bad has come of it yet.
post #21 of 145
Ive been drinking whole milk and recently switched to skim milk and nothing bad has come !
post #22 of 145
Its importance in our diet is vastly, vastly overstated. It's okay if you're lactose intolerant though. All I know is I started feeling better and looking better (much less acne) the week I dropped milk after 22 years of consumption. Lately I only drink organic, lactose-free milk, and not that often.
post #23 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat-Elvis View Post
Its importance in our diet is vastly, vastly overstated.

That's because it has no importance at all, people have just been brain-washed by all of the stupid advertisements paid for by the Dairy industry. Hell, even my doctor encouraged me to drink milk "for the calcium".
post #24 of 145
Humans are the only animals that consume milk after the nursing stage in life, and there has been some studies that try to show that milk is a cause of cancer since it promotes growth. Also it has been shown to produce an increase in inflammation in the body (including the heart).

On the other hand you have people like Mark Rippetoe who say to drink a gallon of milk a day. I've seen people do his Starting Strength program with the gallon of milk a day and put on 20lbs of fairly lean muscle.
post #25 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by John152 View Post
Humans are the only animals that consume milk after the nursing stage in life, and there has been some studies that try to show that milk is a cause of cancer since it promotes growth. Also it has been shown to produce an increase in inflammation in the body (including the heart).

On the other hand you have people like Mark Rippetoe who say to drink a gallon of milk a day. I've seen people do his Starting Strength program with the gallon of milk a day and put on 20lbs of fairly lean muscle.

This argument is just old and ridiculous. Humans are the only animals that eat bbq ribs, egg's benedict, drink champagne, smoke hash, watch porn, use condoms, etc.....

Give a motherfuckin cat a glass of milk and see if he don't drink that sh*t up.
post #26 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by quevola View Post
This argument is just old and ridiculous. Humans are the only animals that eat bbq ribs, egg's benedict, drink champagne, smoke hash, watch porn, use condoms, etc.....

+1 that argument just makes me cringe.
post #27 of 145
I've experienced increased energy and performance since cutting dairy and wheat products from my diet, it certainly isn't easy to do though.
post #28 of 145
I guy I work with likes to tell me he doesn't drink milk because it thickens the skin... "how am I ever supposed to see my six-pack if I have thick skin?" Genius.
post #29 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by lance konami View Post
You'll get calcium from veggies like broccoli, and without all the fat and sugar.

Right... you'll get the equivalent amount of calcium in a 8oz glass of milk from 1 pound of cooked broccoli, which by the way has over 200 calories.
post #30 of 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by js4design View Post
so i was in sam's club today doing some bulk grocery shopping, and there was a woman selling a juicer next to the produce area. she had a loudspeaker and was doing a live demonstration, talking about how many ways to use this juicer. she then said just don't use dairy products with this, and when someone asked why, she said "because milk is for baby cows to grow strong, not people. people were never meant to drink milk and it can only do them harm in the long run." i really wasn't in a mood to engage her, but when i walked by she offered some of her juice for me to sample, so i politely told her that i wouldn't trust any drink being peddled by someone who basically refers to milk as poison. i know there is some debate about milk being for people or not, and lactose intolerance being one argument against, but as someone who drinks half a gallon of skim a day, i'm a fan and realize the benefits. so, any milk haters here, and if so what are your reasons? and fellow milk lovers, what do you say to the argument that milk isn't meant for human consumption?

i started this same discussion about a month ago. when you started typing this one, mine should have popped up on your screen. it was called "milk".
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › milk: does a body terrible?