or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Coffee Grinder
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Coffee Grinder - Page 3

post #31 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC4President View Post
I have this. It is great.

You can adjust the grind size, etc...

I agree. Also, you can completely dismantle it to clean, which I just figured out how to do (hadn't really tried). You'll immediately notice a difference in taste if you've been using a dirty one for a while. Plus, the ability to disassemble leaves you completely sure that every sq mm of the thing is clean. There's a spring in there you'll want to be careful not to lose, though.
post #32 of 61
i've heard the grinds aren't very uniform and at appropriate settings are not suitable to french press

regardless of what grinder you use, i looove my freshly ground coffee in the morning. don't ever want to buy coffee at my school again.

i think i might invest in a chemex someday to see how different it tastes
post #33 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post
i think i might invest in a chemex someday to see how different it tastes

I love my Chemex, simple, easy, and delicious
post #34 of 61
don't believe the hype. Chemex will not taste noticeably different than a drip cone with 2 papers.
post #35 of 61
Get an Aeropress. Cheap, easy to use and clean, and it produces really very fine coffee, though not very much of it. I use a Coava metal filter on mine, too, mostly so I don't have to throw away paper filters. FWIW, the hipster coffee nerds who run a local coffee shop really like the Hario. They claim it is the best grinder you can buy for under $200. --Andre
post #36 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Y View Post
Get an Aeropress. Cheap, easy to use and clean, and it produces really very fine coffee, though not very much of it. I use a Coava metal filter on mine, too, mostly so I don't have to throw away paper filters.

FWIW, the hipster coffee nerds who run a local coffee shop really like the Hario. They claim it is the best grinder you can buy for under $200.

--Andre

harios are definitely not the best grinder for under 200.

also proper drip coffees (proper temperature water, proper careful bloom, proper timing whether with chemex or not) are i think the best way to make coffee out there. i just dont have time in the morning to be doing it
post #37 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC4President View Post
I have this. It is great.

You can adjust the grind size, etc...

I like mine. It's definitely worth the effort for 1-2 cups. I would upgrade if I needed to regularly make more coffee than that, however.

The only drawback is the plastic container which creates a bit of static.

If someone can find a glass jar which fits this, you would be the man (a mason jar reportedly fits the Skerton version).
post #38 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by pebblegrain View Post
I like mine. It's definitely worth the effort for 1-2 cups. I would upgrade if I needed to regularly make more coffee than that, however.

The only drawback is the plastic container which creates a bit of static.

If someone can find a glass jar which fits this, you would be the man (a mason jar reportedly fits the Skerton version).

I actually have a slightly different model of Hario (than the one shown). It has a glass jar.... not plastic

This is the one that I have....

http://www.gimmecoffee.com/Hario-Ske...der-P82C7.aspx
post #39 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by pebblegrain View Post
don't believe the hype. Chemex will not taste noticeably different than a drip cone with 2 papers.

If you can't taste the difference between an average drip machine and a chemex, you are doing something wrong.
post #40 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post
harios are definitely not the best grinder for under 200.

also proper drip coffees (proper temperature water, proper careful bloom, proper timing whether with chemex or not) are i think the best way to make coffee out there. i just dont have time in the morning to be doing it

Which grinder do you like under $200?

How easy is it to be consistent with the drip styles? One of the great things about the Aeropress is that you can consistently produce good coffee with it if you follow a few simple rules.

--Andre
post #41 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Y View Post
Which grinder do you like under $200? How easy is it to be consistent with the drip styles? One of the great things about the Aeropress is that you can consistently produce good coffee with it if you follow a few simple rules. --Andre
Andre - where did you get that metal filter for the Aeropress? The paper ones suck.
post #42 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by pscolari View Post
If you can't taste the difference between an average drip machine and a chemex, you are doing something wrong.

Not a drip machine. A drip cone.

you are reading it wrong
post #43 of 61
i think good drip coffee takes a lot of skill. you have to a pourer where you can control the stream well.

as for grinders, baratza maestro, maestro plus, virtuouso refurb, the equivalent cappresso line up, solis lineup, zassenhaus, all can do do what the hario can better and more options. eg you cant really get a good espresso grind out of the harios. they're cute, small, light and good for travelling, but i dont think appropriate for an end all grinder.
post #44 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by pebblegrain View Post
don't believe the hype. Chemex will not taste noticeably different than a drip cone with 2 papers.

I know there's hype, but I still like it. Two papers seems bothersome and I enjoy the amount (3-4 cups). Most people like their coffee hot, but I actually love having a pot of lukewarm coffee lying around and drinking it throughout the morning.
post #45 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
Andre - where did you get that metal filter for the Aeropress? The paper ones suck.

Coava Coffee They even have metal cone filters for the drippers.

--Andre
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Coffee Grinder