didn't think it would get to this, but if you want to know)
I did tell him I would mail it out the same day, but I had my 3 year old with me and the line was extremely long, so I apologized and told him I would get it out the next morning. (Sometimes Life happens.) I had to fly to Vegas for business, so I told him my wife would mail it Priority. I thought that should have been enough. But, at the end of the day, when I check my messages, he is like "where is my tracking number," and I'm like, "man, I was working all day, it went out this AM, my wife mailed it Priority, no tracking number, you'll have it in 2 days"
So here is the response I just received..My point had nothing to do with your family. All I did was regurgitate what you said to me in the response. No intention whatsoever to offend your family members. I never needed to know these details was my point.
Unprofessional? Unprofessional is not keeping your word, giving excuse after excuse bringing your family into the situation, and not providing the vitals of an internet transaction.
Furthermore, not keeping your buyer posted to the details on your end is even more so. I did nothing but expect that YOU as the seller, follow some fundamental understandings of selling items online to complete strangers. I've never had to deal with a seller like this. Over 400 ebay transactions. Buying+Selling. Never.
I've kept it cordial, even overly friendly until now. Please read our email chain to refresh you memory. I should NOT have to bug you. You should be bugging me. I am your customer. Sometimes, you need to put yourself in the buyers shoes. How would you feel if you
1) paid for an item ASAP - within 5 minutes because the seller SPECIFICALLY said "I'LL SHIP TODAY IF YOU PAY NOW!"
2) seller did not ship that day, did not care to notify you, and was unapologetic when confronted.
3) Seller writes you a condescending response after being asked, and I quote "I don't really know much about priority loads, but I will drop it off at the main station in AM."
4) THE NEXT DAY, no updates. None. YOU have to ping him to get a response.
5) Seller then proceeded to not supply you with a tracking number because "he is traveling"
6) When you follow up, another( little irritated this time) note comes, and I quote "Frank--I certainly understand your excitement, but again, I am travelling and in the middle of my work day
7) After the work day id over, nothing.
Please tell me: WHAT DID YOU DO IN THIS TRANSACTION TO MAKE ME FEEL GOOD ABOUT BUYING FROM YOU?
Lets do this....we'll let forum members decide who's being unreasonable/unprofessional through this transaction. Let's broadcast it and see who is being unprofessional.
Again, not a THING to do with you family. NO intention/verbage/connotation to offend them. Keep that in mind. Please don't bring your family up to buyers in the future as it doesn't matter. You have a responsibility to follow through regardless of your personal life.
I have had maybe 20% of sellers mail out my package the next day, which I feel is over and above, considering we ALL have other lives outside of SF. I just have never had anyone unhappy before.