or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › PSA: F*** Wilkes Bashford.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PSA: F*** Wilkes Bashford.

post #1 of 62
Thread Starter 
That place can eat my ass. Went in at lunch, tried a few things on, two salespeople, standing there watching me, not asking if I needed help, or if I could try another size. Twenty god damn minutes. I walked out.

I know in this economy that expensive men's clothing is jumping off the racks. Every time I walk in that place, it's always the same.

Bleh.
post #2 of 62
it's the same thing at many places too. but i ve found out some are improving so i give them that.
post #3 of 62
Isn't their warehouse sale going on now? Everybody there is always very nice to me, and almost too attentive.
post #4 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by farfisa23 View Post
That place can eat my ass. Went in at lunch, tried a few things on, two salespeople, standing there watching me, not asking if I needed help, or if I could try another size. Twenty god damn minutes. I walked out.

I know in this economy that expensive men's clothing is jumping off the racks. Every time I walk in that place, it's always the same.

Bleh.



Rude? Yes. But why did it bother you so much to warrant a thread?
post #5 of 62
I've had excellent remote service from Wilkes as well. They were happy to email me photogrpahs etc.
post #6 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy View Post
I've had excellent remote service from Wilkes as well. They were happy to email me photogrpahs etc.
Alas, gone are the days when they would put a bindle in the pocket of the pants you before you tried them on.
post #7 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by farfisa23 View Post
That place can eat my ass. Went in at lunch, tried a few things on, two salespeople, standing there watching me, not asking if I needed help, or if I could try another size. Twenty god damn minutes. I walked out.

I know in this economy that expensive men's clothing is jumping off the racks. Every time I walk in that place, it's always the same.

Bleh.

I don't see the relation between poor service and ass eating.
post #8 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
Alas, gone are the days when they would put a bindle in the pocket of the pants you before you tried them on.

Is that street drug slang or something?
post #9 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruff View Post
I don't see the relation between poor service and ass eating.

One feels bad, one feels good. Ying and Yang.
post #10 of 62
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackplatano View Post
Rude? Yes. But why did it bother you so much to warrant a thread?
Nobody puts baby in a corner!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy View Post
I've had excellent remote service from Wilkes as well. They were happy to email me photogrpahs etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
Alas, gone are the days when they would put a bindle in the pocket of the pants you before you tried them on.

You guys look like well dressed men...I have longer hair and look like I should be shopping at The Archive down the street. Also, I think they hate Jews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruff View Post
I don't see the relation between poor service and ass eating.
I'm sorry, they can eat my ass for good service too as 'salad tossing' is becoming for any treatment...
post #11 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by farfisa23 View Post
I have longer hair and look like I should be shopping at The Archive down the street.

Hell, I probably wouldn't talk to you either.
post #12 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by farfisa23 View Post
You guys look like well dressed men...I have longer hair and look like I should be shopping at The Archive down the street. Also, I think they hate Jews.
iammatt and aportnoy are members of the tribe, aren't they?
post #13 of 62
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
Hell, I probably wouldn't talk to you either.

Well, I was looking at Paul Smith, Margiela and the Yohji. Do I really need an Oxxford suit?

Some of work at start ups where we get funny looks for wearing suits and ties, let alone Neapolitan bespoke.
post #14 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by farfisa23 View Post
Well, I was looking at Paul Smith, Margiela and the Yohji. Do I really need an Oxxford suit? Some of work at start ups where we get funny looks for wearing suits and ties, let alone Neapolitan bespoke.
I was just kidding. Usually, they are very good at not discriminating based on scruffiness, since it is hardly a sign of low purchasing power in the Bay Area. I know other people have had the same experience, but I never have. I have, however, been going in there since I was six years old, so they know me by now.
post #15 of 62
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackplatano View Post
Rude? Yes. But why did it bother you so much to warrant a thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy View Post
I've had excellent remote service from Wilkes as well. They were happy to email me photogrpahs etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
Alas, gone are the days when they would put a bindle in the pocket of the pants you before you tried them on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruff View Post
I don't see the relation between poor service and ass eating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
I was just kidding. Usually, they are very good at not discriminating based on scruffiness, since it is hardly a sign of low purchasing power in the Bay Area. I know other people have had the same experience, but I never have. I have, however, been going in there since I was six years old, so they know me by now.

I know you meant it with love. Some of the wealthiest people I know are some of the scruffiest. I dunno, every time I go, it rubs me the wrong, non-ass eating way.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › PSA: F*** Wilkes Bashford.