or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Non-Iron shirts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Non-Iron shirts

post #1 of 41
Thread Starter 
Just curious about anyones experience with wrinkle-free/non-iron shirts. Are these tacky, how do they feel, are they just BS ?

- thanks
post #2 of 41
I love them. Ironing a shirt takes me literally 2 minutes and it stays pretty well wrinkle-free (above the trouserline) all day. I would look like a slob if I didn't have these non-iron shirts.
post #3 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Composer_1777 View Post
Just curious about anyones experience with wrinkle-free/non-iron shirts. Are these tacky, how do they feel, are they just BS ? - thanks
They are not tacky, but they don't have the features of a nicer shirt (MOP buttons, fabric quality). I hang dry them and then spray them with a little bit of water and throw them in the dryer for a minute or two and immediately put on a hanger. I never iron the non-irons, which is great.
post #4 of 41
great for traveling.
post #5 of 41
love em, but would like to see stuff like MOP buttons etc on them.
post #6 of 41
I have heared somebody saying that they actually breath worse, any opinions on this?
post #7 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acipenser View Post
I have heared somebody saying that they actually breath worse, any opinions on this?


Not my experience.
post #8 of 41
Neither is mine, but I have read once in an article from a shirtmaker, unfortunately i forgot the source.
post #9 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDave View Post
They are not tacky, but they don't have the features of a nicer shirt (MOP buttons, fabric quality). I hang dry them and then spray them with a little bit of water and throw them in the dryer for a minute or two and immediately put on a hanger. I never iron the non-irons, which is great.

Are non-iron shirts always of less quality fabric? lower count for example?
post #10 of 41
I have a few. I don't like them as much as non-non-wrinkle shirts. Seems like they grab stains and hold on to them more stubbornly. What's more, they just don't feel as good as plain old cotton. The few I have see very infrequent wearing.
post #11 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acipenser View Post
Are non-iron shirts always of less quality fabric? lower count for example?
they're blends, I believe, so they're probably not as nice. you might want to try a Brooks Brothers shirt
post #12 of 41
Orvis offer some half-decent versions. I'll be trying some of them out soon:

http://www.orvis.com/store/product_d...cat%5Fid=15561
post #13 of 41
I'm dangerous with an iron, so I stick to non-irons to keep my dry cleaning bill reasonable.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the BEST QUALITY non-iron shirts?

Land's End claims theirs don't need to be ironed for the first 25 washes.

I bought a non-iron shirt from Macy's (Donald Trump's line) and unsurprisingly the quality matched its low price, and it now has some stray threads coming off the buttons and collar.
post #14 of 41
I have a few that seem nice enough, although they are only a few months old. They seem to have a slightly different feel to them, but nothing too unpleasant. I am curious how they will wear after a few years. I believe they are all cotton, but have been treated with something to avoid wrinkling - not like the old 60/40 shirts that would pill after a few washes.
post #15 of 41
Nordstrom Smartcare and Boat Shirts are classic non-iron, wrinkle free, stain resistant. They also have a high-end J.W. Nordstrom tailored fit made of egyptian cotton that is easy to take care of and wrinkle free. The tag will say tailored fit if the shirt fits trim, and all others are a classic boxier fit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Non-Iron shirts