or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Quarter-lined Dinner Jacket: a Stroke of Stupidity or Genius?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Quarter-lined Dinner Jacket: a Stroke of Stupidity or Genius? - Page 3

post #31 of 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
I rented a 38 or 40 short tux to my high school prom; it was one of the worst sartorial experiences of my life.

I would love to see pics.


- B
post #32 of 487
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
It's just for fun yo!

This one looks like it would achieve a high coolness factor...


Notch lapels, two buttons, satin facing on the collar, cuffed pants, and a stranded breast pocket? I think not.
post #33 of 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
Notch lapels, two buttons, satin facing on the collar, cuffed pants, and a stranded breast pocket? I think not.

Tuxedo shorts !! That's cooler than 1/4 lined in my book
post #34 of 487
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
I would love to see pics.

They're at my parents' house in Maryland. Maybe I'll scan and post them one day, just for kicks. Perhaps it will put things in perspective: no matter how ridiculous people think I look now, it is nothing compared to what I looked like back then.
post #35 of 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
If you heat up, voile is the way to go.

I seem to recall something by FNB on double-front voile.


- B

My shirtmaker does double fronts for voile as a matter of course. I can't recall whether he bothers for a dress shirt as the bib would ensure opacity. I have one and will check mine if I remember.
post #36 of 487
My bad. Cape Kid book is not out just being updated with a replacement book with new patterns.

The Cape Breeze book is is from Thomas Fisher distributed by Isles.

Cape Kid is 60% summer kid mohair 40% wool at 8 ounces.

Cape Breeze is 70% super 100's and 30% summer kid mohair
post #37 of 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
. . . no matter how ridiculous people think I look now, it is nothing compared to what I looked like back then.

Don't give up yet. I can see you are working hard, so I am sure you will get there.
post #38 of 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
They're at my parents' house in Maryland. Maybe I'll scan and post them one day, just for kicks. Perhaps it will put things in perspective: no matter how ridiculous people think I look now, it is nothing compared to what I looked like back then.

LOL.
post #39 of 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123 View Post
I couldn't agree more. I had one made in a Sea Island voile and it is fantastic. It feels cooler than wearing nothing.

I like it so much, I've considered ordering some regular shirts from voile, but with the shirt front doubled for opacity. Not sure if this is done.

Seen the double front from an Italian shirtmaker, don't recall the maker's name.
post #40 of 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despos View Post
The Cape Breeze book is is from Thomas Fisher distributed by Isles.

My DB dinner suit is from the Fisher formal book and I love it...black in every light, with no stray earth tone.

- B
post #41 of 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
They're at my parents' house in Maryland. Maybe I'll scan and post them one day, just for kicks. Perhaps it will put things in perspective: no matter how ridiculous people think I look now, it is nothing compared to what I looked like back then.

You're manning up and doing a 4 to 1 DB, right?


- B
post #42 of 487
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
You're manning up and doing a 4 to 1 DB, right?

I was thinking 6 x 2, like my flannel suit. But with shawl lapels.
post #43 of 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
I was thinking 6 x 2, like my flannel suit. But with shawl lapels.

6x2 shawl?

Someone...please...get me a martini...stat...


- B
post #44 of 487
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
6x2 shawl?

Someone...please...get me a martini...stat...

What? 4 x 1 shawl makes more sense?
post #45 of 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
What? 4 x 1 shawl makes more sense?

Yes, shawls look better when they are longer. Low button stance. I even lower the pocket an inch or so on shawls. Bogart in Casablanca.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Quarter-lined Dinner Jacket: a Stroke of Stupidity or Genius?