or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please. - Page 5

post #61 of 4947
Quote:
Originally Posted by djs488 View Post
Looking for a slim navy COTTON blazer to be worn with cotton pants and jeans. The shipley and halmos blazer looked about perfect but it seems to have sold out about everywhere.

Are you a size medium, by any chance?
post #62 of 4947
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyheyhey View Post
I need a new jacket. Something basic like an M65. Should I just go for surplus, or try and find something in a similar vain in shops? I saw a Levi's military jacket on another thread, but cant find it on their website or anywhere else.

If you can find one with a fit you like, go surplus. Otherwise, it would help to know a price range before making a rec (which other people besides me can do better).
post #63 of 4947
Oh right, sorry. Nothing too expensive, maybe around the 40/50 pound mark. 60 if its a really great buy.
post #64 of 4947
Looking for some sneakers. I was about to purchase another pair of Adidas Sambas earlier today, but I decided to wait a day or two to see what I can find here.

I'd rather not get boat shoes. I'd prefer shoes on the darker side of the colour spectrum (i.e. white shouldn't be the primary colour.) Other than that, I'm open to whatever you guys would suggest.

Oh and by the way, my limit would be around $300 CAD (so.. $1.50 USD? lol)
post #65 of 4947
I recommend you X on your sound system also

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #66 of 4947
Okay, I recently discovered after converting my wardrobe to "style forum approvedness" it's boring as hell !! Sure none of my HS peers wear a slim-fitting minimalist style of clothes like me, but still !! Right now I wear white stan smiths, off white vans authentics, APC NS's (which I hate now), Nudie AJDH, and solid color plain T's or polos. Occasianally my AA grey hoodie and assphalt track jacket. I'm in FL so I can't really layer...

TL,DR- Spice up my style without breaking the bank in a hot climate

Can anyone recommend some cool graphic shirts, some cool pants (gray jeans maybe), or anything really. Perhaps jewelry
post #67 of 4947
No one said to dress boring. Get some different color/fit pants in addition to varied shoes. Maybe cardigans, graphic tees (really depends though), play around with proportion. You can do it. There are a bunch of graphic tee threads. Search function for it and they should pop up.
post #68 of 4947
Quote:
Originally Posted by racetrack View Post
Looking for some sneakers. I was about to purchase another pair of Adidas Sambas earlier today, but I decided to wait a day or two to see what I can find here. I'd rather not get boat shoes. I'd prefer shoes on the darker side of the colour spectrum (i.e. white shouldn't be the primary colour.) Other than that, I'm open to whatever you guys would suggest. Oh and by the way, my limit would be around $300 CAD (so.. $1.50 USD? lol)
Revolve has a sale on Spring Court sneakers right now; they're minimalist & well made; a good amount of them are available in dark colors. ----- Anyway, I won't quote my old question, but are there any cheap brands to look at for basic sweaters in a variety of colors that would fit me well (6'1", 150 lbs., 36" chest)? Most mall brands are soo boxy TTS, or too short if I size down. Any good options?
post #69 of 4947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Punisher View Post
Okay, I recently discovered after converting my wardrobe to "style forum approvedness" it's boring as hell !! Sure none of my HS peers wear a slim-fitting minimalist style of clothes like me, but still !! Right now I wear white stan smiths, off white vans authentics, APC NS's (which I hate now), Nudie AJDH, and solid color plain T's or polos. Occasianally my AA grey hoodie and assphalt track jacket. I'm in FL so I can't really layer...

TL,DR- Spice up my style without breaking the bank in a hot climate

Can anyone recommend some cool graphic shirts, some cool pants (gray jeans maybe), or anything really. Perhaps jewelry

How about some sneakers in colours?
post #70 of 4947
Where to find a Navy Shirt Jacket like this?

post #71 of 4947
great idea for a thread. i guess i'll ask for help as well. Does anyone know where I can get(hopefully onlnie) a linen hoodie, or a reeeally thin hoodie? I am basically looking for a beach hoodie, which intrigued me when i saw this in GQ http://www.revolveclothing.com/Displ...1&c=N.S.F.&d=b However 170 for something i'm gonna throw on after some beach time. I would have pulled the trigger if it was 50 like gq said it was, but i digress. any help people?
post #72 of 4947
How wrinkled can your shoes get before you should replace them? My loafers have deep creases from left to right, but are very comfy and the soles are in good shape. Esthetically, where do you guys draw the line about shoes being worn out, so to speak? Edit: or, is there a way to remove wrinkles from leather shoes? I already use shoe trees.
post #73 of 4947
From my other thread... Anybody know of any somewhat slim white, blue, yellow, etc. short sleeve oxford shirts? Something under $50 would be ideal.
post #74 of 4947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Punisher View Post
Okay, I recently discovered after converting my wardrobe to "style forum approvedness" it's boring as hell !! Sure none of my HS peers wear a slim-fitting minimalist style of clothes like me, but still !! Right now I wear white stan smiths, off white vans authentics, APC NS's (which I hate now), Nudie AJDH, and solid color plain T's or polos. Occasianally my AA grey hoodie and assphalt track jacket. I'm in FL so I can't really layer...

TL,DR- Spice up my style without breaking the bank in a hot climate

Can anyone recommend some cool graphic shirts, some cool pants (gray jeans maybe), or anything really. Perhaps jewelry

Tie a bright handkerchief around your neck, or buy some leather and make a simple tee out of it, or overdye your apcs, go barefoot (or thick socks only), get a damn cardigan too, if jewelry only rings. you could try to hammer a nail into a spiral ring if u skilled. get some chinos and roll them above your ankels, gray jeans are good but boring as hell too, maybe sunglasses, I have no idea about sunglasses though
post #75 of 4947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Punisher View Post
Okay, I recently discovered after converting my wardrobe to "style forum approvedness" it's boring as hell !! Sure none of my HS peers wear a slim-fitting minimalist style of clothes like me, but still !! Right now I wear white stan smiths, off white vans authentics, APC NS's (which I hate now), Nudie AJDH, and solid color plain T's or polos. Occasianally my AA grey hoodie and assphalt track jacket. I'm in FL so I can't really layer...

TL,DR- Spice up my style without breaking the bank in a hot climate

Can anyone recommend some cool graphic shirts, some cool pants (gray jeans maybe), or anything really. Perhaps jewelry

Try some khakis or other trousers. Don't be afraid to stray from your denim. As for gray jeans, Naked and Famous make good ones, as well as NDG. Dior does too, but that'll destroy your bank account. Then go for some non boring shoes. Perhaps high tops? You can find plenty, some with color, others without. That's all you though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holy_smokes View Post
How wrinkled can your shoes get before you should replace them? My loafers have deep creases from left to right, but are very comfy and the soles are in good shape. Esthetically, where do you guys draw the line about shoes being worn out, so to speak?

Edit: or, is there a way to remove wrinkles from leather shoes? I already use shoe trees.

I would say wear them until they fall apart. Wrinkles usually add character, as leather becomes antiqued. However, if they are cheap/suede loafers, I see how wear can take it's toll.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.