Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my new navy blazer from WW Chan Last post on 9/22/11 at 6:23pm in Classic Menswear
- Cheap Grey NDG Jeans 34x34, Ralph Lauren OCBD Large, Uniqlo Navy Blazer Linen XL Last post on 7/1/11 at 10:07am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- FS: Consolidation of Blazer, Suits, Coats Pants & Ties (Price Drop 4/27) Last post on 4/28/11 at 6:09pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Black suit/brown shoes? Last post on 7/10/11 at 5:39pm in Streetwear and Denim
- What to wear to jury duty? Last post on 6/23/06 at 9:24pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please. - Page 325
Styleforum Top Picks
Haha sadly not trolling, indeed I got my measurements woefully mixed up. Fixed. I think the confusion is that I'm a 43/10 in some shoes, 43.5/10.5 in others and 44/11 in others. Then someone recommended me based on my measurements that I should get a certain pair at 42/9. I get that I'll be a different fit for different shoes but now I'm questioning my starting point (which used to be 44/11).
I read your original post and ->
Some brands have dedicated threads. If there is a thread for the brand that you are researching, posting in that thread will net the most replies. Ask them if the brand tends to run true to size or not.
AFAIK Allen Edmonds run TTS so you can use their size chart as a reference.
Have you considered J.Lindeberg? I find their clothes to be too slim for me, but their XS would be perfect for you (35" chest).
Here is a link to their white oxford shirt. They may also have this shirt in 'super slim' fit, though I don't know if they could get much slimmer than this cut!
Just updating this to say thank you for the suggestion. Bought an XS and it fits perfectly, so I've ordered another 3. Thank you!
Favorite polo: Lacoste Live
Favorite button-down: Brooks Brothers extra-slim fit
Definitely high quality, but also sort of pricy
I'm looking for a jacket as similar as possible to this one, in black or grey, size 42 chest/large:
I like the overall look, including no ribbing at sleeves or bottom. Tried to find something comparable at yoox, no luck.
I'm looking to build a summer business casual wardrobe mostly from scratch and these are my ideas.
I'll start by picking up a few beige pants, black/navy and grey pants. I'm also looking into boat shoes off Amazon:
I was initially thinking of the blue/tan combinations for a bit of color but all I find in pictures are brown shoes so perhaps the tan/tan option is my best bet.
I'll be picking up light/chalky solid colored long sleeve button ups, probably green and and pink and extra whites and blues.
In addition to the solid color button ups I want to look for a couple patterned options as well, but I don't know what to look for.
I also plan on using solid color sweaters over the button ups on colder days.
I think I want a blazer, from what I know as something to take me to and from work.
I found two at low prices but I don't know how to choose between them, or if they're even my best options.
Finally related to the button ups would be what ties to get, I think 2 solid colors and 2 patterned would be ideal but thats just a guess.
This should be just the beginning with cheaper stuff and the more expensive stuff should come later in the future.
I'm looking forward to your comments and suggestions!
Edited by brrgrr - 5/5/13 at 7:32pm
- Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 7 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Esemplare Grey Merino Cable Lined Fishtail Parka Medium 3 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 5 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 5 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 5 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...