Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 4:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my new navy blazer from WW Chan Last post on 11/23/14 at 5:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Cheap Grey NDG Jeans 34x34, Ralph Lauren OCBD Large, Uniqlo Navy Blazer Linen XL Last post on 7/1/11 at 10:07am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- FS: Consolidation of Blazer, Suits, Coats Pants & Ties (Price Drop 4/27) Last post on 4/28/11 at 6:09pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Black suit/brown shoes? Last post on 7/10/11 at 5:39pm in Streetwear and Denim
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please. - Page 325post #4861 of 49474/23/13 at 5:37pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4862 of 49474/23/13 at 6:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by jm22
Haha sadly not trolling, indeed I got my measurements woefully mixed up. Fixed. I think the confusion is that I'm a 43/10 in some shoes, 43.5/10.5 in others and 44/11 in others. Then someone recommended me based on my measurements that I should get a certain pair at 42/9. I get that I'll be a different fit for different shoes but now I'm questioning my starting point (which used to be 44/11).
I read your original post and ->
Some brands have dedicated threads. If there is a thread for the brand that you are researching, posting in that thread will net the most replies. Ask them if the brand tends to run true to size or not.
AFAIK Allen Edmonds run TTS so you can use their size chart as a reference.post #4863 of 49474/28/13 at 1:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by petane
Have you considered J.Lindeberg? I find their clothes to be too slim for me, but their XS would be perfect for you (35" chest).
Here is a link to their white oxford shirt. They may also have this shirt in 'super slim' fit, though I don't know if they could get much slimmer than this cut!
Just updating this to say thank you for the suggestion. Bought an XS and it fits perfectly, so I've ordered another 3. Thank you!post #4864 of 49474/28/13 at 5:14pmpost #4865 of 49474/29/13 at 6:16ampost #4866 of 49474/29/13 at 11:59ampost #4867 of 49474/30/13 at 1:49pmpost #4868 of 49474/30/13 at 4:19pmQuote:
Favorite polo: Lacoste Live
Favorite button-down: Brooks Brothers extra-slim fit
Definitely high quality, but also sort of pricypost #4869 of 49474/30/13 at 7:02pmpost #4870 of 49474/30/13 at 9:31pmpost #4871 of 49475/1/13 at 4:13pm
I'm looking for a jacket as similar as possible to this one, in black or grey, size 42 chest/large:
I like the overall look, including no ribbing at sleeves or bottom. Tried to find something comparable at yoox, no luck.
Any ideas?post #4872 of 49475/1/13 at 5:01pm
I'm looking to build a summer business casual wardrobe mostly from scratch and these are my ideas.
I'll start by picking up a few beige pants, black/navy and grey pants. I'm also looking into boat shoes off Amazon:
I was initially thinking of the blue/tan combinations for a bit of color but all I find in pictures are brown shoes so perhaps the tan/tan option is my best bet.
I'll be picking up light/chalky solid colored long sleeve button ups, probably green and and pink and extra whites and blues.
In addition to the solid color button ups I want to look for a couple patterned options as well, but I don't know what to look for.
I also plan on using solid color sweaters over the button ups on colder days.
I think I want a blazer, from what I know as something to take me to and from work.
I found two at low prices but I don't know how to choose between them, or if they're even my best options.
Finally related to the button ups would be what ties to get, I think 2 solid colors and 2 patterned would be ideal but thats just a guess.
This should be just the beginning with cheaper stuff and the more expensive stuff should come later in the future.
I'm looking forward to your comments and suggestions!
Edited by brrgrr - 5/5/13 at 7:32pmpost #4873 of 49475/5/13 at 8:23ampost #4874 of 49475/11/13 at 4:27pm
- Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 33 seconds ago
- › Shell Cordovan Wallet Pron 34 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Sous VIde Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 5 minutes ago
- › The Suits of Spectre (2015), the latest Bond film 6 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...