or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please. - Page 319

post #4771 of 4945

I'm looking for some oxford cloth shirts with semi-spread collar and no pockets. I know Kent Wang sells oxfords without pockets but the collar is BD. Any ideas?

post #4772 of 4945

So snow just landed here and the ground is slush and salt filled. Whats a cheap boot I can trash this winter? Don't feel like destroying my expensive boots. It's pretty nasty out there.
 

post #4773 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm22 View Post

I'm looking for a pair of jeans in beige, similar in color to these (501s):

 

 

 

 

But in a slimmer/tapered cut and nicer quality. I checked APC and 3sixteen and they don't have jeans in this color. Any ideas? Thanks.

 

This is a little late, but I'll throw it out there for anyone with a similar question.

 

Of course, it won't solve the issue of wanting nicer quality, but they use a similar fabric and color on 514s that would be a slimmer, more tapered cut.

post #4774 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by bald eagle View Post

Just got some chinos so far in the sales. Tommy Hilfiger for £50... Feel free to point me in the right direction and give advice.

Wait, wait, wait...

Hilfiger chinos? For £50? On sale-? This is too much. Here, they start at $45 and get marked down to $15, and even then, blech. Return if you can, and spend the money elsewhere.

As for web sites available to the UK, COS has some sharp-looking stuff for relatively cheap, IIRC.
post #4775 of 4945
I am looking for a good fitting solid color Tshirt. I am thinking of going with everlane but I heard they can be kind or loose in the arms. Any suggestions?
post #4776 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm22 View Post

I'm looking for some oxford cloth shirts with semi-spread collar and no pockets. I know Kent Wang sells oxfords without pockets but the collar is BD. Any ideas?


I am interested if anyone knows the answer to this. I do not, but I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents in. OCBDs usually don't have spread collars because button down collars are part of what makes an oxford shirt an oxford shirt. I think your best bet would be to contact a made to measure/custom dress shirt company and see if they could make this happen for you. I am an intern for Vastrm, a new affiliate to the forums and we do offer spread collars for any type of polo. I'm sure a company who specializes in custom dress shirts could make this happen. I just don't think you're going to have luck finding a standard OCBD without a BD collar.

post #4777 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanLion View Post

I am looking for a good fitting solid color Tshirt. I am thinking of going with everlane but I heard they can be kind or loose in the arms. Any suggestions?


I never tried Everlane, but Ameircan Apparel and H&M t-shirts fit awesome. If you're on a tight budget go with H&M. Their v-necks have the perfect depth. AA crew necks hold up for a long-time as well.

post #4778 of 4945

I'm looking for a (first) suit for interviews (at schools not investment banks, so it doesn't need to be super-conservative). It should be charcoal or navy, right? Would a gray work?

 

Specifically, would the darker gray uniqlo blazer here be decent?

 

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/made-for-all/men-wool-blended-jacket/075441-04-002

 

Not sure if they have matching pants so I'm looking for other options.

 

Looking for cheap (hopefully $150ish range, could go to $200 or even $250 for something good). I'm small -- like 5' 7" 125lbs, 34/35 chest and 28 waist.

post #4779 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob View Post


Wait, wait, wait...
Hilfiger chinos? For £50? On sale-? This is too much. Here, they start at $45 and get marked down to $15, and even then, blech. Return if you can, and spend the money elsewhere.
As for web sites available to the UK, COS has some sharp-looking stuff for relatively cheap, IIRC.

Yeah that's the price of them over here. I am heading to the states in the summer time and going to pick up some cheap stuff while I am there. You guys are lucky that you get everything so cheap!!

post #4780 of 4945

I am looking to dress very nice casual style for everyday of the week. I have ordered a pair of Wolverine 1k Boots and a few pairs of STF Levi 501's in the regular Rigid color and ordered a pair of the regular rigid color of the Levi 508 Tapered.

 

 

I really need some Khakis as well but I just don't know what brand to go with or how to incorporate those into my style.(Feel free to suggest some!) I am really excited about the Wolverine 1ks and my 501 Denim that I won't ever have to wash with some Solid Color T's and some nice Cardigans and sweaters.

 

However, I don't want to have to wear my W1Ks every single day(I wouldn't mind but I don't want to wear them out to fast) and the only other shoe I have right now are some Converse Chuck Taylors( I know I am overhauling my Wardrobe and it is LONG overdue!) and I don't really understand the shoe game yet..and what to wear with what!

 

So I guess what I need from you guys are some suggestions on what kind of shoes I can rock with my denim and khakis in a conservative rugged gentleman type of way! :)

 

 

post #4781 of 4945

I'm looking for a leather jacket <$500 USD.  For the fit I'd like it to be tailored and snug.  Prefer made-to-measure in a brick and mortar store (live in Toronto) but I know I'll probably have to look online.  Any recommendations/suggestions would be much appreciated.

post #4782 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz View Post

I'm looking for a (first) suit for interviews (at schools not investment banks, so it doesn't need to be super-conservative). It should be charcoal or navy, right? Would a gray work?

Specifically, would the darker gray uniqlo blazer here be decent?

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/made-for-all/men-wool-blended-jacket/075441-04-002

Not sure if they have matching pants so I'm looking for other options.

Looking for cheap (hopefully $150ish range, could go to $200 or even $250 for something good). I'm small -- like 5' 7" 125lbs, 34/35 chest and 28 waist.

That blazer's materials are not good enough. Buying a first, important suit online is likely going to go badly. At least try on in person. Provide a location, and maybe people will give you local options.
post #4783 of 4945

I need a new pair of dress shoes, ideally black cap toe balmorals. Because I don't have to wear a suit all that often, I'd like to stay under $200. I've been watching ebay and flash sale sites. Wondering if anyone's seen anything on any end of season sales.

 

Thanks in advance.

post #4784 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliax View Post

I'm looking for a leather jacket <$500 USD.  For the fit I'd like it to be tailored and snug.  Prefer made-to-measure in a brick and mortar store (live in Toronto) but I know I'll probably have to look online.  Any recommendations/suggestions would be much appreciated.

You should probably see if Holt Renfrew and Harry Rosen has anything left from the Boxing Week sale. If you're going to spend that kind of money and you really specific about a slim and snug fit, you should be trying jackets in person and not risk getting online.  

 

In terms of local boutiques, other members from Toronto area could probably provide you with places to go but definitely go buy the jacket in person. 

post #4785 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodyear View Post

I need a new pair of dress shoes, ideally black cap toe balmorals. Because I don't have to wear a suit all that often, I'd like to stay under $200. I've been watching ebay and flash sale sites. Wondering if anyone's seen anything on any end of season sales.

Thanks in advance.

I've heard good things about Ciro Lendini on Yoox.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.