or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please. - Page 317

post #4741 of 4942

I am looking for ~$50 sneakers that are minimalist casual and sexy. one that doesnt attract too much attention but like its super cool. Any recommendations? Thanks!

post #4742 of 4942
Where can I buy boots that will fit my feet? My feet are 10 1/2 " long by about 4 6\10 " wide, or 9 1/2 EEE in American shoe sizes. I bought some Iron Rangers and sized up half a size and got the wide boots and they still were too small (unless I just need to break them in but it was very painful to walk in them, they crushed the top of my left food over my toe and foot) so I am kind of fucked for shoes I think. Clarks Desert boots fit me because they stretch pretty easily, but the fit isn't good.

I need some boots for winter (not specifically snow boots, just something better than tennis shoes or clarks) and I have never been able to find a decent pair.

Something like this is probably my only options.

http://www.zappos.com/skechers-work-foreman-storm-dark-brown
post #4743 of 4942
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeypotato View Post

I am looking for ~$50 sneakers that are minimalist casual and sexy. one that doesnt attract too much attention but like its super cool. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Check out the Official Non-Baller Sneaker thread -- hundreds of pages of ideas.

Without knowing exactly what you like, simple white Vans are a safe bet.
post #4744 of 4942
Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post

Looking for a pair of tapered (slim) light gray woolen pants for casual wear.
Had a pair of the Epaulets fall through - they shipped a wrong size (killing me!)
McNairys are ridiculously expensive... would pull the trigger but only at like 50% off...


Any other ideas??

i concur
i want some nice heathered flannels or tweed if anyone has a cheap pair that isn't over 100.
the left field one is 275, well over my budget frown.gif
post #4745 of 4942
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunelly View Post

i concur
i want some nice heathered flannels or tweed if anyone has a cheap pair that isn't over 100.
the left field one is 275, well over my budget frown.gif

Not sure where you're at - UK may have some better options at that price point. In the US, Epaulet and Howard Yount are around the $150 mark (or slightly less on sale).
post #4746 of 4942
I'm looking to pick up some additional blazers for work/going out. The office is very casual, jeans+OCBD, tshirt jeans etc... it's advertising. I'm going to be traveling a lot more and also client facing more so it's time. I already have a navy blazer.

I was looking at a few uniqlo but thought they may be to casual. I was thinking about going into BB to try some of their 1818 on. Is that my best bet or should I look at other places.

I know I'm going to need multiple depending on the weather. I live in Michigan but will be traveling to NYC, CHI, and SF a lot so linen and tweed will be in my arsenal.

Thanks for the help!
post #4747 of 4942
Can anyone recommend me a nice, everyday sneaker? Can't afford CP's or MMM's (though I don't really care for gat's anway). I've got some gift card at Finish Line and since I already have enough gym clothes and gym shoes maybe something from there? I was thinking Nike Free's but it's kinda too sleek for everyday use.

Thanks in advance!
post #4748 of 4942
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirfryguy View Post

I'm looking to pick up some additional blazers for work/going out. The office is very casual, jeans+OCBD, tshirt jeans etc... it's advertising. I'm going to be traveling a lot more and also client facing more so it's time. I already have a navy blazer.
I was looking at a few uniqlo but thought they may be to casual. I was thinking about going into BB to try some of their 1818 on. Is that my best bet or should I look at other places.
I know I'm going to need multiple depending on the weather. I live in Michigan but will be traveling to NYC, CHI, and SF a lot so linen and tweed will be in my arsenal.
Thanks for the help!

I think Uniqlo does cheap casual very well with their blazer. Partially lined with alright fabric and construction. I've used the blazers in a business setting AND going-out scenarios and I much prefer the little-to-no padding in the shoulders compared to Brooks or most other places in the price range. Check out LL Bean, too.
post #4749 of 4942

Can't go wrong with a pair of Jack Purcells? $60ish, clean looking, go with everything. Really hard to find a fault with them. They genuinely do go with everything.

post #4750 of 4942
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpo0nani View Post

I think Uniqlo does cheap casual very well with their blazer. Partially lined with alright fabric and construction. I've used the blazers in a business setting AND going-out scenarios and I much prefer the little-to-no padding in the shoulders compared to Brooks or most other places in the price range. Check out LL Bean, too.

Thanks. I do have a Linen Uniqlo that I haven't worn yet, but I know that it would need to go to my tailor.
post #4751 of 4942
can somebody recommend me a moderately thick, drapey cardigan?
post #4752 of 4942
J. Crew ought to be under consideration, too. Of course people could be more specific if given size and budget information.
post #4753 of 4942
...
post #4754 of 4942
hey folks, who can recommend a nice waterproof bomber jacket?
post #4755 of 4942

Field Jacket options? Looking for Olive/Greenish, so far I'm considering these two:

 

http://www.llbean.com/llbeansignature/llb/shop/65099?productId=1103898&subrnd=1&qs=3023885_pmd_shopzilla

http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=4H05&dir_id=885&group_id=920&cat_id=5355&subcat_id=6373

 

Any other options around this price point? I saw Alpha Industries but I'm not sure if I want a repo.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.