or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please. - Page 315

post #4711 of 4947
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensimageconsultant View Post


Probably doable with the right information, like budget, location, and physical dimensions.

I'm 40" chest, 33" waist, probably under $200, I live in San Diego.

post #4712 of 4947
Cool. Often people ignore those requests. Any preference for short or long sleeves? Corduroy and long sleeves would limit usefulness to just a few months of San Diego weather, but here it is anyway.
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13125715&cp=1760781.2498319&fbn=GenericColor%7CGreen&fbc=1&f=GenericColor%2FPOLO%2FGreen&parentPage=family&selectedColor=Green
This one is unusual because it's "military" in a silk-cotton blend.
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13214947&cp=1760781.2498319&fbn=GenericColor%7CGreen&view=all&ab=viewall&fbc=1&f=GenericColor%2FPOLO%2FGreen&parentPage=family&selectedColor=Green
Ralph Lauren has a view other options that show quickly in a search for green shirts.
post #4713 of 4947
Anyone know where to get some relaxed chinos but with some taper on the cheap? Navy and/or black. Something like this but maybe with not so low of a crotch:

8184726406_0d0146d9b3.jpg
post #4714 of 4947
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensimageconsultant View Post

Cool. Often people ignore those requests. Any preference for short or long sleeves? Corduroy and long sleeves would limit usefulness to just a few months of San Diego weather, but here it is anyway.
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13125715&cp=1760781.2498319&fbn=GenericColor%7CGreen&fbc=1&f=GenericColor%2FPOLO%2FGreen&parentPage=family&selectedColor=Green
This one is unusual because it's "military" in a silk-cotton blend.
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13214947&cp=1760781.2498319&fbn=GenericColor%7CGreen&view=all&ab=viewall&fbc=1&f=GenericColor%2FPOLO%2FGreen&parentPage=family&selectedColor=Green
Ralph Lauren has a view other options that show quickly in a search for green shirts.

 

Thanks for the help, definitely looking for long sleeves. I actually kinda like this one 

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13276830&cp=1760781.2498319.2646437&ab=ln_men_cs1_sale&view=99&parentPage=family

except I hate epaulets so that's a no go, have you seen anything else like that somewhere? I like the darker color on that corduroy one, though I'm unfamiliar with Ralph Lauren sizes. I'm assuming "classic fit" is going to be more boxy than "custom fit" correct?

 

Edit: Is it possible for a tailor to remove epaulets from a shirt without ruining it? 

http://www.ralphlauren.com/contentPopup/index.jsp?productId=11745423&flashCol=Classic%20Khaki&isFlash=true&largeImage

This one from the RRL line looks nice but I'd really like it without them.


Edited by Staticbolt - 11/17/12 at 7:35pm
post #4715 of 4947
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramp View Post

Anyone know where to get some relaxed chinos but with some taper on the cheap? Navy and/or black. Something like this but maybe with not so low of a crotch:
8184726406_0d0146d9b3.jpg

Aren't huge sales just around the corner? Last sale period, I saw W+H anti-fits at Acrimony and Uncle Otis for around $125 and $100, respectively. At those prices, they quickly became my favorite pants.

For a cheaper version, they usually have some with that general fit at ASOS (with free returns, I think), but I have no experience with them.
post #4716 of 4947

I live in London, and I'm looking to buy some wool sweaters for £30 - £70 each ($50 - $100). Something thick and durable - not cashmere - that I can wear without a jacket, such as a fisherman's, cable knit, bird's eye, fair isle, shetland, as long as it's not a v-neck. (I am following Put This On's advice from here and here) I am perfectly willing to wait for sales, or look in thrift shops, or look on eBay, but I am pretty clueless about which brands or what features to look for (the constant recommendations of Brooks Brothers and the like are mostly unhelpful to a Londoner). I am not obsessive about quality, but I really don't want to order something from overseas or look for anything that will involve a lot of waiting and praying.

 

According to my amateurish measurements, I have a 34" chest, 34" jacket sleeve measurement and 15" shirt collar size.

post #4717 of 4947
I am looking for a soft and warm mid-layer for winter.

I used to wear hooded Sweatshirts from Hilfiger and co. While they're kind of ugly, they fit good and are super comfy. But I'm looking for a more stylish piece. All the knits I tried are too itchy for me (ultra sensitive skin).. I'm looking for something very comfy (sweatshirt fabric prefered) that looks stylish - any suggestions?
post #4718 of 4947
Quote:
Originally Posted by filcol View Post

I am looking for a soft and warm mid-layer for winter.
I used to wear hooded Sweatshirts from Hilfiger and co. While they're kind of ugly, they fit good and are super comfy. But I'm looking for a more stylish piece. All the knits I tried are too itchy for me (ultra sensitive skin).. I'm looking for something very comfy (sweatshirt fabric prefered) that looks stylish - any suggestions?

 

I find the W+H sweat shirts are warm and comfy. I can wear them by themselves or layer over a shirt. 

 

http://rodengray.com/shop/Large-Loop-Terry-Crewneck-men.html?variantid=11038&designer=true

post #4719 of 4947
Epaulets are to be expected with "military shirts." Trying to remove epaulets would risk non-trivial expense and/or a bad result.

Instead, try this.
http://www.llbean.com/llb/search/?freeText=military&init=1#/llb/shop/504190?gnrefine=1*COLOR_FAMILY*Green%5E1*SLV_LNGTH*Long-Sleeve%5E

Edit: none of those are slim fit, but at least slimming shirts is easily done right a competent tailor.
post #4720 of 4947
Someone recommend me a winter jacket!!!!!!!!
post #4721 of 4947
Looking for a pair of tapered (slim) light gray woolen pants for casual wear.
Had a pair of the Epaulets fall through - they shipped a wrong size (killing me!)
McNairys are ridiculously expensive... would pull the trigger but only at like 50% off...




Any other ideas??
post #4722 of 4947

meso: perhaps try left field or gant rugger?

 

what's a good place or brand for beginner/intro to pocket squares and slim ties?

post #4723 of 4947
Is there an acronym directory? biggrin.gif

My main question, and something I've been wondering for awhile now is: How do you gauge and recognize quality clothing? That extends to jeans and shoes as well.. I'm sure there are many different approaches and it's likely a skill that's honed over many years but I'm just looking for some pointers so I don't get ripped off just because something looks cool.
post #4724 of 4947
Would like chinos in this color... so basically exactly this. Cheaper would be nice.

post #4725 of 4947
Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post

Looking for a pair of tapered (slim) light gray woolen pants for casual wear.
Had a pair of the Epaulets fall through - they shipped a wrong size (killing me!)
McNairys are ridiculously expensive... would pull the trigger but only at like 50% off...


Any other ideas??

 

Left Field trousers? http://four-pins.com/style/tweed-might-just-make-that-lane-switch-thats-just-how-i-feel/

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.