or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please. - Page 291

post #4351 of 4947

forget the polo, wear everlane T shirts (check out the thread on here), invest in a decent pair of denim like a.p.c. (check noob jean thread here), invest in boots if you live in a moderate/cold climate, otherwise just wear chucks/vans. look relaxed

 

 

post #4352 of 4947

Well the thing is I can't really check out the stuff they have since I can't get past the first page that asks me to post on facebook so far. So I don't even know what their products look like. And I was hoping for something I could just go to a store and buy, I like to see in person what I'm buying. I'm also not familiar with the brand and the old "If it sounds to good to be true, it is." rule is in my head. 

post #4353 of 4947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Mays View Post

Well the thing is I can't really check out the stuff they have since I can't get past the first page that asks me to post on facebook so far. So I don't even know what their products look like. And I was hoping for something I could just go to a store and buy, I like to see in person what I'm buying. I'm also not familiar with the brand and the old "If it sounds to good to be true, it is." rule is in my head. 

Where do you live, (we need to know the climate of your summer/winter, as well as what stores are available to you in person) and how old are you (are you 18-25 or middle-aged)?

If you're uncomfortable with buying the Everlane ts, just buy American Apparel T-shirts. I think the fit and quality are very similar.
Also, you should invest in Clarks' Desert Boots if you're new to fashion. They can be worn with just about anything and they're cheap.

Deridda's suggestion (I quite like it.. i wear it more or less everyday)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
467
post #4354 of 4947
Anyone have any suggestions for a Hawaiian print shirt sub-$100 with a slim fit?
post #4355 of 4947

I live in North East Ohio, age 18. 

And thanks for the advice on the boots, I like those. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio View Post


Where do you live, (we need to know the climate of your summer/winter, as well as what stores are available to you in person) and how old are you (are you 18-25 or middle-aged)?
If you're uncomfortable with buying the Everlane ts, just buy American Apparel T-shirts. I think the fit and quality are very similar.
Also, you should invest in Clarks' Desert Boots if you're new to fashion. They can be worn with just about anything and they're cheap.
Deridda's suggestion (I quite like it.. i wear it more or less everyday) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
467


 

post #4356 of 4947
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKJTG View Post

Anyone have any suggestions for a Hawaiian print shirt sub-$100 with a slim fit?

go vintage; you wont really find a slim fit no matter where you go; best bet is to get an all over print from some streetwear brand but if you want real hawaiian find a made in hawaii one from way back; you might even be able to use some money to get it tailored up a bit
post #4357 of 4947

I'm looking for some wingtip oxfords to wear with jeans(t-shirt, polo's, button down, sweaters, etc) and be versatile.  Maybe some chukka's also.  Price range is $300-500 per pair.  Something nice.  I have trouble distinguishing between casual oxfords and dress oxfords.

 

Thanks!

post #4358 of 4947
I'm looking for a pair of jeans, I want it to have the cut that is similar to APC NS with slightly smaller leg opening (slimmer than APC NS but definitely not skin tight from knees down)

I'm willing to pay up to $500, heavier fabric is a plus, selvedged isn't important, raw denim in indigo is a must.

It will need to be available in small size for 28" waist (I having great fit with a pair of APC NS size 25 right now)
post #4359 of 4947
Why don't you just taper your APC NS to the desired leg opening?
post #4360 of 4947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chie View Post

I'm looking for a pair of jeans, I want it to have the cut that is similar to APC NS with slightly smaller leg opening (slimmer than APC NS but definitely not skin tight from knees down)
I'm willing to pay up to $500, heavier fabric is a plus, selvedged isn't important, raw denim in indigo is a must.
It will need to be available in small size for 28" waist (I having great fit with a pair of APC NS size 25 right now)

get the APC PS?
post #4361 of 4947
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobizor View Post

Why don't you just taper your APC NS to the desired leg opening?
Oh I mean I looking for a new pair of jeans, my APC NS is almost two years old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaio View Post

get the APC PS?
I think it's too skinny?
post #4362 of 4947
Looking for some slim cargo shorts, just something that doesn't look awful, for some warm-weather hiking.

Fine with khaki, olive drab, grey, navy, basically whatever.

Budget ≤ $50.
post #4363 of 4947

I'm looking for some good golf clothing, any recommendations? I'm on a bit of a budget though, so it needs to be reasonably priced. The main thing I'm not sure what to get though is shoes. 

And then a second question; what are some good, reasonably priced brands for button sport shirts?

I'd appreciate it if either or both were answered. 


Edited by Dylan Mays - 3/13/12 at 12:46pm
post #4364 of 4947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Mays View Post

I'm looking for some good golf clothing, any recommendations? I'm on a bit of a budget though, so it needs to be reasonably priced. The main thing I'm not sure what to get though is shoes. 
And then a second question; what are some good, reasonably priced brands for button sport shirts?
I'd appreciate it if either or both were answered. 

umm not sure what you mean by "reasonably priced" but i hate pique cotton when i golf. it sticks to my skin and it's not very breathable.

try looking at nike or adidas tennis gear stuff. it's actually pretty fitted and not made for fat people like their golf gear.

also, you might want to try RLX
post #4365 of 4947
Anyone make a boot similar to these? These are black suede Red Wings that were apparently a Japan-only release, but the dude wanted like $300+ for it on ebay.... way too much for red wings imo.

431
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.