Well, "blending," isn't quite what I'm going for. Just wondering if there's maybe anything more interesting out there than a simple beanie.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my new navy blazer from WW Chan Last post on 11/23/14 at 5:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Cheap Grey NDG Jeans 34x34, Ralph Lauren OCBD Large, Uniqlo Navy Blazer Linen XL Last post on 7/1/11 at 10:07am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- FS: Consolidation of Blazer, Suits, Coats Pants & Ties (Price Drop 4/27) Last post on 4/28/11 at 6:09pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Black suit/brown shoes? Last post on 7/10/11 at 5:39pm in Streetwear and Denim
- What to wear to jury duty? Last post on 6/23/06 at 9:24pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash themLast edited: 5/19/16
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear: The Casual Summer WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please. - Page 274post #4097 of 494712/7/11 at 1:45pmpost #4098 of 494712/11/11 at 3:23pmLooking for a few items to add, would appreciate some recommendations and advice
1. Slim fit Cabourn-eseque cameraman. Urban Outfitters (gasp) has one by All Son and Penfield has the tweed Kasson, but neither has caught my eye.
2. Grey tweed blazer with suede elbow patches. Found one on Mr. Porter by PRL, but it has leather elbow patches and is not quite grey.
3. Some beater chukkas. Bought a pair of McNairys but the sizing is off.post #4099 of 494712/11/11 at 6:29pmpost #4100 of 494712/18/11 at 2:40pmpost #4101 of 494712/19/11 at 8:49pmpost #4102 of 494712/20/11 at 9:29ampost #4103 of 494712/20/11 at 6:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jibrie
i like it because of its simple but pretty look.
and yes im a fashion noob :)
You can find similar styles with better brands, and for the same price if you check out places like Rue La La or Gilt or eBay or thrift stores. There is nothing wrong with that shoe in and of itself other than the fact that it is Zara, and thus poorly made (won't last long). Whether or not it "looks good" will depend on what you are wearing it with.
So, either buy the boots and post a picture of yourself wearing them in the What Are You Wearing Today thread on this site, or browse the threads and see if you can figure out what a better brand would be. Either way, if you want oppinions concerning the boots you'll need to post pictures so that people can tell you if it looks good with what you're wearing, or bad.post #4104 of 494712/20/11 at 6:57pmpost #4105 of 494712/20/11 at 6:58pm
Any idea where I can find a nice pair of gray (ideally mid-gray) wool gloves with brown suede palms? A nice lining would be a bonus.
The closest pair I've found so far has been the Woolrich John Rich & Bros Wool and Leather Gloves on Park and Bond: http://www.parkandbond.com/product/84423979 But not only are they sold out, I know for a fact that they're actually navy plaid, not "dark charcoal."post #4106 of 494712/21/11 at 1:49pmpost #4107 of 494712/21/11 at 3:43pmQuote:
The fabric itself leaves a little to be desired, and the construction is very basic, but they are built well enough. I'd buy them at under $30, which isn't hard considering how frequently they discount their webstore inventory, plus the frequent sales they run. In terms of fit, I like the slimmer fit of the SF Tapered more than the looser Alpha, but that's somewhat personal. I have half a dozen pairs of the former in my closet that see heavy rotation. The D1 Slim fits fine through the waist, seat, and thigh, but really needs tapering. Got a couple pairs of D1 Slim cords (listed as "soft khaki" for some reason) in nice colors.post #4108 of 494712/22/11 at 3:21amQuote:Originally Posted by mymil
The fabric itself leaves a little to be desired, and the construction is very basic, but they are built well enough. I'd buy them at under $30, which isn't hard considering how frequently they discount their webstore inventory, plus the frequent sales they run. In terms of fit, I like the slimmer fit of the SF Tapered more than the looser Alpha, but that's somewhat personal. I have half a dozen pairs of the former in my closet that see heavy rotation. The D1 Slim fits fine through the waist, seat, and thigh, but really needs tapering. Got a couple pairs of D1 Slim cords (listed as "soft khaki" for some reason) in nice colors.
Cheers. The SF Tapered were the ones I was looking at. Might have to get some although the price, even in sales, seems a bit marked up in the UK.
post #4109 of 494712/22/11 at 3:51amQuote:
Cro'Jack woody? Made in the UK, well constructed: http://www.triads.co.uk/triads-mens-c1/outerwear-c30/jackets-c207/crojack-woody-jacket-tweed-p58314post #4110 of 494712/22/11 at 1:38pmI have been looking for some brown work-wear style pants/jeans.
Anyone care to recommend one of the four to me? Or something similar at <$150 U.S.D. price point?
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 4 minutes ago
- › Cheaney 4 minutes ago
- › The General Lookbook Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Brown double breasted linen sport coat 50 (38R/40R) - Acquaviva 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding