Well, "blending," isn't quite what I'm going for. Just wondering if there's maybe anything more interesting out there than a simple beanie.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my new navy blazer from WW Chan Last post on 11/23/14 at 5:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Cheap Grey NDG Jeans 34x34, Ralph Lauren OCBD Large, Uniqlo Navy Blazer Linen XL Last post on 7/1/11 at 10:07am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- FS: Consolidation of Blazer, Suits, Coats Pants & Ties (Price Drop 4/27) Last post on 4/28/11 at 6:09pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Black suit/brown shoes? Last post on 7/10/11 at 5:39pm in Streetwear and Denim
- What to wear to jury duty? Last post on 6/23/06 at 9:24pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please. - Page 274
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4097 of 494712/7/11 at 1:45pmpost #4098 of 494712/11/11 at 3:23pmLooking for a few items to add, would appreciate some recommendations and advice
1. Slim fit Cabourn-eseque cameraman. Urban Outfitters (gasp) has one by All Son and Penfield has the tweed Kasson, but neither has caught my eye.
2. Grey tweed blazer with suede elbow patches. Found one on Mr. Porter by PRL, but it has leather elbow patches and is not quite grey.
3. Some beater chukkas. Bought a pair of McNairys but the sizing is off.post #4099 of 494712/11/11 at 6:29pmpost #4100 of 494712/18/11 at 2:40pmpost #4101 of 494712/19/11 at 8:49pmpost #4102 of 494712/20/11 at 9:29ampost #4103 of 494712/20/11 at 6:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by Jibrie
i like it because of its simple but pretty look.
and yes im a fashion noob :)
You can find similar styles with better brands, and for the same price if you check out places like Rue La La or Gilt or eBay or thrift stores. There is nothing wrong with that shoe in and of itself other than the fact that it is Zara, and thus poorly made (won't last long). Whether or not it "looks good" will depend on what you are wearing it with.
So, either buy the boots and post a picture of yourself wearing them in the What Are You Wearing Today thread on this site, or browse the threads and see if you can figure out what a better brand would be. Either way, if you want oppinions concerning the boots you'll need to post pictures so that people can tell you if it looks good with what you're wearing, or bad.post #4104 of 494712/20/11 at 6:57pmpost #4105 of 494712/20/11 at 6:58pm
Any idea where I can find a nice pair of gray (ideally mid-gray) wool gloves with brown suede palms? A nice lining would be a bonus.
The closest pair I've found so far has been the Woolrich John Rich & Bros Wool and Leather Gloves on Park and Bond: http://www.parkandbond.com/product/84423979 But not only are they sold out, I know for a fact that they're actually navy plaid, not "dark charcoal."post #4106 of 494712/21/11 at 1:49pmpost #4107 of 494712/21/11 at 3:43pmQuote:
The fabric itself leaves a little to be desired, and the construction is very basic, but they are built well enough. I'd buy them at under $30, which isn't hard considering how frequently they discount their webstore inventory, plus the frequent sales they run. In terms of fit, I like the slimmer fit of the SF Tapered more than the looser Alpha, but that's somewhat personal. I have half a dozen pairs of the former in my closet that see heavy rotation. The D1 Slim fits fine through the waist, seat, and thigh, but really needs tapering. Got a couple pairs of D1 Slim cords (listed as "soft khaki" for some reason) in nice colors.post #4108 of 494712/22/11 at 3:21amQuote:Originally Posted by mymil
The fabric itself leaves a little to be desired, and the construction is very basic, but they are built well enough. I'd buy them at under $30, which isn't hard considering how frequently they discount their webstore inventory, plus the frequent sales they run. In terms of fit, I like the slimmer fit of the SF Tapered more than the looser Alpha, but that's somewhat personal. I have half a dozen pairs of the former in my closet that see heavy rotation. The D1 Slim fits fine through the waist, seat, and thigh, but really needs tapering. Got a couple pairs of D1 Slim cords (listed as "soft khaki" for some reason) in nice colors.
Cheers. The SF Tapered were the ones I was looking at. Might have to get some although the price, even in sales, seems a bit marked up in the UK.
post #4109 of 494712/22/11 at 3:51amQuote:
Cro'Jack woody? Made in the UK, well constructed: http://www.triads.co.uk/triads-mens-c1/outerwear-c30/jackets-c207/crojack-woody-jacket-tweed-p58314post #4110 of 494712/22/11 at 1:38pmI have been looking for some brown work-wear style pants/jeans.
Anyone care to recommend one of the four to me? Or something similar at <$150 U.S.D. price point?
- Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Shirt/Tie advice sought (pics included) 1 minute ago
- › ~+91-7726060256 husband wife disputes solution in argentina. ~ 3 minutes ago
- › ~+91-7726060256 husband wife disputes solution in bahragin. ~ 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › ~+91-7726060256 husband wife disputes solution in united states. ~ 6 minutes ago
- › ~+91-7726060256 husband wife disputes solution in united kingdom. ~ 6 minutes ago
- › ~+91-7726060256 husband wife disputes solution in thailand. ~ 7 minutes ago
- › ~+91-7726060256 husband wife disputes solution in bhutan. ~ 7 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...