Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my new navy blazer from WW Chan Last post on 11/23/14 at 5:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Cheap Grey NDG Jeans 34x34, Ralph Lauren OCBD Large, Uniqlo Navy Blazer Linen XL Last post on 7/1/11 at 10:07am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- FS: Consolidation of Blazer, Suits, Coats Pants & Ties (Price Drop 4/27) Last post on 4/28/11 at 6:09pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Black suit/brown shoes? Last post on 7/10/11 at 5:39pm in Streetwear and Denim
- What to wear to jury duty? Last post on 6/23/06 at 9:24pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash themLast edited: 5/19/16
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear: The Casual Summer WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please. - Page 269post #4022 of 494710/18/11 at 1:27pmQuote:
I was looking more online, and I found that this,
They say to size up one, so I went with a 34, what would be my normal size, I suppose. A 32 should be too small for me, certainly if I want to do more layering with it.post #4023 of 494710/19/11 at 7:59pmpost #4024 of 494710/19/11 at 10:23pmpost #4025 of 494710/20/11 at 4:32pmpost #4026 of 494710/21/11 at 11:05pmI think I abuse this thread, but just trying to build a wardrobe
Sorry for the GQ pic, but anyone know of a copy of this shirt? It's rag and bone, but at $255 no way in hell is that in my budget. Thanks.
And actually really digging this too right now: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
RRL Wool Hunting Sweater. Anybody have thoughts on it? Or even better fit pics if you own it.post #4027 of 494710/22/11 at 12:55ampost #4028 of 494710/23/11 at 5:38pmSo I finally have enough money to get myself a decent waxed cotton jacket, and I'm sort of worried about barbours being too boxy, so two questions. Have any of you had your barbour jackets slimmed down? And could recommend some good alternatives to Barbour in the 200-400 dollar price range?post #4029 of 494710/24/11 at 4:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo
So I finally have enough money to get myself a decent waxed cotton jacket, and I'm sort of worried about barbours being too boxy, so two questions. Have any of you had your barbour jackets slimmed down? And could recommend some good alternatives to Barbour in the 200-400 dollar price range?
I've been wondering the same thing about Barbours, whether they'd look good slimmed down. Any case, there have been a few waxed jackets (including a couple from Rag and Bone) in B&S lately; used, but around or below $200.
For $20, you can also grab your own block of wax and transform any kind of Barbour-esque coat you might have lying around.post #4030 of 494710/26/11 at 12:40pmHey, I'm looking for good slim-fitting BDs. I have one plaid-ish gitman button down thats size medium and fits pretty well, but when i tried to purchase a gitman oxford it was giving way too much of a hip flare.
People say bring it to your tailor and he can dart it, but honestly... what am I paying for the shirt?
I'm 6 feet, 170 lbs. I'm lean, and slightly muscular.
I'm just looking for good Button Downs that I can rely on and will look good on me, and that I can find on B&S or SuFu for under retail. I hear BoO makes good shirts that are fitted and don't flare? Any other options?
Should I just get a good quality shirt and have a tailor dart it or whatever it is? How much would this cost and what does it do exactly?
Thanks.post #4031 of 494710/26/11 at 12:57pmpost #4032 of 494710/26/11 at 3:38pmpost #4033 of 494710/26/11 at 3:42pmpost #4034 of 494710/28/11 at 7:33pmI'm looking for a mid-weight jacket now that Fall's finally here in VA. Budget's 200-300 dollars.
I'm generally wearing APCs, a pair of brown boots, and a button-down. I looked at J. Crew, Land's End Canvass, and L.L. Bean but didn't find anything I liked. Want something in cotton in a dark neutral color, perhaps navy. Some items at A&F (I just know how much love that brand gets around here) looked close to what I want; however the sleeves are too long.post #4035 of 494710/29/11 at 12:10am
- Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Currently, there are 1921 Active Users (376 Members and 1545 Guests)
- › Japanese Online Stores Proxy Service ZenMarket.jp - Official... 3 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 26 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 56 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 5 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 5 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Future of the Democratic Party Threak 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...