Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 3:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my new navy blazer from WW Chan Last post on 11/23/14 at 5:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Cheap Grey NDG Jeans 34x34, Ralph Lauren OCBD Large, Uniqlo Navy Blazer Linen XL Last post on 7/1/11 at 10:07am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- FS: Consolidation of Blazer, Suits, Coats Pants & Ties (Price Drop 4/27) Last post on 4/28/11 at 6:09pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Black suit/brown shoes? Last post on 7/10/11 at 5:39pm in Streetwear and Denim
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please. - Page 269
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4022 of 494710/18/11 at 1:27pmQuote:
I was looking more online, and I found that this,
They say to size up one, so I went with a 34, what would be my normal size, I suppose. A 32 should be too small for me, certainly if I want to do more layering with it.post #4023 of 494710/19/11 at 7:59pmpost #4024 of 494710/19/11 at 10:23pmpost #4025 of 494710/20/11 at 4:32pmpost #4026 of 494710/21/11 at 11:05pmI think I abuse this thread, but just trying to build a wardrobe
Sorry for the GQ pic, but anyone know of a copy of this shirt? It's rag and bone, but at $255 no way in hell is that in my budget. Thanks.
And actually really digging this too right now: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
RRL Wool Hunting Sweater. Anybody have thoughts on it? Or even better fit pics if you own it.post #4027 of 494710/22/11 at 12:55ampost #4028 of 494710/23/11 at 5:38pmSo I finally have enough money to get myself a decent waxed cotton jacket, and I'm sort of worried about barbours being too boxy, so two questions. Have any of you had your barbour jackets slimmed down? And could recommend some good alternatives to Barbour in the 200-400 dollar price range?post #4029 of 494710/24/11 at 4:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo
So I finally have enough money to get myself a decent waxed cotton jacket, and I'm sort of worried about barbours being too boxy, so two questions. Have any of you had your barbour jackets slimmed down? And could recommend some good alternatives to Barbour in the 200-400 dollar price range?
I've been wondering the same thing about Barbours, whether they'd look good slimmed down. Any case, there have been a few waxed jackets (including a couple from Rag and Bone) in B&S lately; used, but around or below $200.
For $20, you can also grab your own block of wax and transform any kind of Barbour-esque coat you might have lying around.post #4030 of 494710/26/11 at 12:40pmHey, I'm looking for good slim-fitting BDs. I have one plaid-ish gitman button down thats size medium and fits pretty well, but when i tried to purchase a gitman oxford it was giving way too much of a hip flare.
People say bring it to your tailor and he can dart it, but honestly... what am I paying for the shirt?
I'm 6 feet, 170 lbs. I'm lean, and slightly muscular.
I'm just looking for good Button Downs that I can rely on and will look good on me, and that I can find on B&S or SuFu for under retail. I hear BoO makes good shirts that are fitted and don't flare? Any other options?
Should I just get a good quality shirt and have a tailor dart it or whatever it is? How much would this cost and what does it do exactly?
Thanks.post #4031 of 494710/26/11 at 12:57pmpost #4032 of 494710/26/11 at 3:38pmpost #4033 of 494710/26/11 at 3:42pmpost #4034 of 494710/28/11 at 7:33pmI'm looking for a mid-weight jacket now that Fall's finally here in VA. Budget's 200-300 dollars.
I'm generally wearing APCs, a pair of brown boots, and a button-down. I looked at J. Crew, Land's End Canvass, and L.L. Bean but didn't find anything I liked. Want something in cotton in a dark neutral color, perhaps navy. Some items at A&F (I just know how much love that brand gets around here) looked close to what I want; however the sleeves are too long.
- Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?
Currently, there are 1361 Active Users (337 Members and 1024 Guests)
- › Edward Green Belgravia in UK9.5 , 184 Last in Antique Chestnut 3 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 6 minutes ago
- › 2015 MLB Season Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply fits great, reason to go full canvas? 16 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 19 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 21 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Men rings - How to choose? What do you wear? 22 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 25 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 26 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan