Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my new navy blazer from WW Chan Last post on 11/23/14 at 5:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Cheap Grey NDG Jeans 34x34, Ralph Lauren OCBD Large, Uniqlo Navy Blazer Linen XL Last post on 7/1/11 at 10:07am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- FS: Consolidation of Blazer, Suits, Coats Pants & Ties (Price Drop 4/27) Last post on 4/28/11 at 6:09pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Black suit/brown shoes? Last post on 7/10/11 at 5:39pm in Streetwear and Denim
- What to wear to jury duty? Last post on 6/23/06 at 9:24pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please. - Page 269
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4022 of 494710/18/11 at 1:27pmQuote:
I was looking more online, and I found that this,
They say to size up one, so I went with a 34, what would be my normal size, I suppose. A 32 should be too small for me, certainly if I want to do more layering with it.post #4023 of 494710/19/11 at 7:59pmpost #4024 of 494710/19/11 at 10:23pmpost #4025 of 494710/20/11 at 4:32pmpost #4026 of 494710/21/11 at 11:05pmI think I abuse this thread, but just trying to build a wardrobe
Sorry for the GQ pic, but anyone know of a copy of this shirt? It's rag and bone, but at $255 no way in hell is that in my budget. Thanks.
And actually really digging this too right now: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
RRL Wool Hunting Sweater. Anybody have thoughts on it? Or even better fit pics if you own it.post #4027 of 494710/22/11 at 12:55ampost #4028 of 494710/23/11 at 5:38pmSo I finally have enough money to get myself a decent waxed cotton jacket, and I'm sort of worried about barbours being too boxy, so two questions. Have any of you had your barbour jackets slimmed down? And could recommend some good alternatives to Barbour in the 200-400 dollar price range?post #4029 of 494710/24/11 at 4:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo
So I finally have enough money to get myself a decent waxed cotton jacket, and I'm sort of worried about barbours being too boxy, so two questions. Have any of you had your barbour jackets slimmed down? And could recommend some good alternatives to Barbour in the 200-400 dollar price range?
I've been wondering the same thing about Barbours, whether they'd look good slimmed down. Any case, there have been a few waxed jackets (including a couple from Rag and Bone) in B&S lately; used, but around or below $200.
For $20, you can also grab your own block of wax and transform any kind of Barbour-esque coat you might have lying around.post #4030 of 494710/26/11 at 12:40pmHey, I'm looking for good slim-fitting BDs. I have one plaid-ish gitman button down thats size medium and fits pretty well, but when i tried to purchase a gitman oxford it was giving way too much of a hip flare.
People say bring it to your tailor and he can dart it, but honestly... what am I paying for the shirt?
I'm 6 feet, 170 lbs. I'm lean, and slightly muscular.
I'm just looking for good Button Downs that I can rely on and will look good on me, and that I can find on B&S or SuFu for under retail. I hear BoO makes good shirts that are fitted and don't flare? Any other options?
Should I just get a good quality shirt and have a tailor dart it or whatever it is? How much would this cost and what does it do exactly?
Thanks.post #4031 of 494710/26/11 at 12:57pmpost #4032 of 494710/26/11 at 3:38pmpost #4033 of 494710/26/11 at 3:42pmpost #4034 of 494710/28/11 at 7:33pmI'm looking for a mid-weight jacket now that Fall's finally here in VA. Budget's 200-300 dollars.
I'm generally wearing APCs, a pair of brown boots, and a button-down. I looked at J. Crew, Land's End Canvass, and L.L. Bean but didn't find anything I liked. Want something in cotton in a dark neutral color, perhaps navy. Some items at A&F (I just know how much love that brand gets around here) looked close to what I want; however the sleeves are too long.
- Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.
Styleforum Top Picks
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Currently, there are 1544 Active Users (368 Members and 1176 Guests)
- › The official Styleforum Streetnwear, denim, and designers... 50 seconds ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 1 minute ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 5 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 6 minutes ago
- › Natural Deodorant 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...