Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my new navy blazer from WW Chan Last post on 11/23/14 at 5:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Cheap Grey NDG Jeans 34x34, Ralph Lauren OCBD Large, Uniqlo Navy Blazer Linen XL Last post on 7/1/11 at 10:07am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- FS: Consolidation of Blazer, Suits, Coats Pants & Ties (Price Drop 4/27) Last post on 4/28/11 at 6:09pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Black suit/brown shoes? Last post on 7/10/11 at 5:39pm in Streetwear and Denim
- What to wear to jury duty? Last post on 6/23/06 at 9:24pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please. - Page 269
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4022 of 494710/18/11 at 1:27pmQuote:
I was looking more online, and I found that this,
They say to size up one, so I went with a 34, what would be my normal size, I suppose. A 32 should be too small for me, certainly if I want to do more layering with it.post #4023 of 494710/19/11 at 7:59pmpost #4024 of 494710/19/11 at 10:23pmpost #4025 of 494710/20/11 at 4:32pmpost #4026 of 494710/21/11 at 11:05pmI think I abuse this thread, but just trying to build a wardrobe
Sorry for the GQ pic, but anyone know of a copy of this shirt? It's rag and bone, but at $255 no way in hell is that in my budget. Thanks.
And actually really digging this too right now: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
RRL Wool Hunting Sweater. Anybody have thoughts on it? Or even better fit pics if you own it.post #4027 of 494710/22/11 at 12:55ampost #4028 of 494710/23/11 at 5:38pmSo I finally have enough money to get myself a decent waxed cotton jacket, and I'm sort of worried about barbours being too boxy, so two questions. Have any of you had your barbour jackets slimmed down? And could recommend some good alternatives to Barbour in the 200-400 dollar price range?post #4029 of 494710/24/11 at 4:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo
So I finally have enough money to get myself a decent waxed cotton jacket, and I'm sort of worried about barbours being too boxy, so two questions. Have any of you had your barbour jackets slimmed down? And could recommend some good alternatives to Barbour in the 200-400 dollar price range?
I've been wondering the same thing about Barbours, whether they'd look good slimmed down. Any case, there have been a few waxed jackets (including a couple from Rag and Bone) in B&S lately; used, but around or below $200.
For $20, you can also grab your own block of wax and transform any kind of Barbour-esque coat you might have lying around.post #4030 of 494710/26/11 at 12:40pmHey, I'm looking for good slim-fitting BDs. I have one plaid-ish gitman button down thats size medium and fits pretty well, but when i tried to purchase a gitman oxford it was giving way too much of a hip flare.
People say bring it to your tailor and he can dart it, but honestly... what am I paying for the shirt?
I'm 6 feet, 170 lbs. I'm lean, and slightly muscular.
I'm just looking for good Button Downs that I can rely on and will look good on me, and that I can find on B&S or SuFu for under retail. I hear BoO makes good shirts that are fitted and don't flare? Any other options?
Should I just get a good quality shirt and have a tailor dart it or whatever it is? How much would this cost and what does it do exactly?
Thanks.post #4031 of 494710/26/11 at 12:57pmpost #4032 of 494710/26/11 at 3:38pmpost #4033 of 494710/26/11 at 3:42pmpost #4034 of 494710/28/11 at 7:33pmI'm looking for a mid-weight jacket now that Fall's finally here in VA. Budget's 200-300 dollars.
I'm generally wearing APCs, a pair of brown boots, and a button-down. I looked at J. Crew, Land's End Canvass, and L.L. Bean but didn't find anything I liked. Want something in cotton in a dark neutral color, perhaps navy. Some items at A&F (I just know how much love that brand gets around here) looked close to what I want; however the sleeves are too long.
- Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Currently, there are 871 Active Users (160 Members and 711 Guests)
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 13 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 13 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 21 minutes ago
- › Club/Bar outfit 34 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 36 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread (Pictures, reviews,... 36 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 38 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories