or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please. - Page 245

post #3661 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanUndressed View Post
Looking for recommendations for:

1) Grey Jeans (I usually buy Austyn or A Pocket 7's - I don't like pants that are to tight in crotch, but also don't want jeans that are baggy) - Budget - under $200
2) White, Off-White, or Cream colored summer blazer (i'll probably wear bright colored polo's under it) Budget - under $300

Thank you

1: search for NdGs
2: BB or Polo. Otherwise hit up B&S
post #3662 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by htrieu View Post
I'm looking for a pair of beige or off-white chinos. Something similar or better than these. Those aren't available in the U.S. yet, so I can't get a hold of them.

I am a skinny guy so I need a slim/tapered fit.

Recommendations?

Brooks Brothers Milano Fit!
post #3663 of 4945
deleted.
post #3664 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo View Post
1: search for NdGs
2: BB or Polo. Otherwise hit up B&S

Thanks for the reply and advice!

1) Regarding NDG's - I found these http://www1.yoox.com/item.asp/cod10/...tskay/3FD17CD7

Thoughts? They look a bit baggy, but could that just be the way they have been tailored? Also the waist appears abnormally high?

2) I'll take a look at B&S, BB, and Polo - Thanks!
post #3665 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanUndressed View Post
Thanks for the reply and advice! 1) Regarding NDG's - I found these http://www1.yoox.com/item.asp/cod10/...tskay/3FD17CD7 Thoughts? They look a bit baggy, but could that just be the way they have been tailored? Also the waist appears abnormally high? 2) I'll take a look at B&S, BB, and Polo - Thanks!
Don't ever trust Yoox photos, notoriously terrible. Judging by the leg measurement, those are the same ("Classic" I think?) fit as my Natural NdGs, which have a 7 3/8in opening on a size 28 Good price, given that they're no longer made and retailed at $275 or so
post #3666 of 4945
What are essential must haves in a wardrobe for an almost graduated student/beginning professional? What are essential beginner books to read for SF'ers?
post #3667 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas7 View Post
What are essential must haves in a wardrobe for an almost graduated student/beginning professional? What are essential beginner books to read for SF'ers?
This is a good starting point: http://putthison.com/post/712103418/...rhaps-the-most
post #3668 of 4945
What is the ideal length for khaki pants? Should they be long enough to just not touch the ground? Should they be measured with or without shoes on?
post #3669 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas7 View Post
What are essential must haves in a wardrobe for an almost graduated student/beginning professional?

What are essential beginner books to read for SF'ers?

What is the work environment?

Books for what?
post #3670 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas7 View Post
What is the ideal length for khaki pants? Should they be long enough to just not touch the ground? Should they be measured with or without shoes on?

I'd like to know this too.
post #3671 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prada_Ferragamo View Post
What is the work environment?

Books for what?

I'm currently writing my thesis at an big ICT consultancy company. The dresstype is usually smart casual. People wear polo shirts or a nice dress shirts to work with pantalons or even jeans. When meeting a client they usually adjust to the clients' clothing style, which is mostly meeting in a suit.

I'm looking for books which will guide me what clothes should be in my wardrobe (and also why) and tells me how I can determine if a clothing item has the right fit.
post #3672 of 4945
Touch the heel of your foot w/o wearing shoes.
post #3673 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas7 View Post
I'm currently writing my thesis at an big ICT consultancy company. The dresstype is usually smart casual. People wear polo shirts or a nice dress shirts to work with pantalons or even jeans. When meeting a client they usually adjust to the clients' clothing style, which is mostly meeting in a suit.

I'm looking for books which will guide me what clothes should be in my wardrobe (and also why) and tells me how I can determine if a clothing item has the right fit.

I don't even know what smart casual is. But depending on the level of your position, you can either go with the herd or stand out a bit. One thing you have to remember, it's not about the quantity of clothing, it's about the fitting of each individual pieces.

There is no definitive answer to your second question. No one knows your sense of style and that's developed process. Start with a pair of STFs, a white shirt, and a pair of converse and go from there. Find your sense of style first before buying anything else.
post #3674 of 4945
Looking for a pair of brown LWB or more casual oxford ~$250, preferably not suede. Suggestions? Allen Edmonds?
post #3675 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas7 View Post
I'm currently writing my thesis at an big ICT consultancy company. The dresstype is usually smart casual. People wear polo shirts or a nice dress shirts to work with pantalons or even jeans. When meeting a client they usually adjust to the clients' clothing style, which is mostly meeting in a suit.

I'm looking for books which will guide me what clothes should be in my wardrobe (and also why) and tells me how I can determine if a clothing item has the right fit.

Don't bother with books that tell you what to wear, or websites for that matter. I've found a lot of them to be very stuffy and conservative, you'll just end up buying stuff you never wear. You shouldn't rush a wardrobe - especially if you're unsure how things should fit. My advice for fit is - try everything on! It only matters that you're comfortable in your clothes, not what some book says.

I've had this same problem recently (I just started work at an ICT company too) and I'm literally starting from nothing. I bought some decent raw jeans, white shirts, and chucks (just like Prada_Ferragamo says...) You could try some chinos too. You can't go wrong with this as a start, from there you can look at the waywt thread, look at people you think are fashionable, keep trying stuff on and slowly build up a wardrobe full of clothes you want to wear. Don't spend much initially, and don't overthink it. No expert, but in the same boat, so hope that helps!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.