or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please. - Page 156

post #2326 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl smooth View Post
I need to buy a pair of black oxford laceups, to be worn with my navy and charcoal suits. I don't want to spend more than 200-250. any suggestions?
ebay
post #2327 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitAkira View Post
ebay

ebay brand oxfords sound terrifying
post #2328 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riio View Post
ebay brand oxfords sound terrifying

any real suggestions?
post #2329 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl smooth View Post
any real suggestions?

ebay was a real suggestion, you can get genuinely nice shoes there as long as you know what you want.
post #2330 of 4945
Allen Edmonds are the most obvious suggestion. They can be found in that price range, if you're patient enough.

Cole Haan retails for ~$200 if you don't want to wait for a sale, but the styling isn't always the best.
post #2331 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl smooth View Post
any real suggestions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot View Post
ebay was a real suggestion, you can get genuinely nice shoes there as long as you know what you want.
This. I even compiled a list of them. Speaking of ultimate noob....
post #2332 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountains View Post
Allen Edmonds are the most obvious suggestion. They can be found in that price range, if you're patient enough.

Cole Haan retails for ~$200 if you don't want to wait for a sale, but the styling isn't always the best.

You can find PAs on ebay for around $250.
post #2333 of 4945
Hey. Can anyone point to where I can get long sleeve T-shirts/undershirts that I can where underneath short sleeve T-shirts? I always wanted to try that look but I don't know where to find them. Thanks in advance.
post #2334 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkblader View Post
Hey. Can anyone point to where I can get long sleeve T-shirts/undershirts that I can where underneath short sleeve T-shirts? I always wanted to try that look but I don't know where to find them. Thanks in advance.

Everywhere.

Try http://www.americanapparel.com/men-long-sleeves.html for starters.
post #2335 of 4945
Hey, long time lurker of these forums, decided to join. I've got a short, slim build (5'9", 140 lbs, 6% Body Fat, 28" waist, 34" chest, et cetera), and I'm looking for a more casual, shorter shirt with a bit of drape, that can be worn both partially unbuttoned and buttoned, and can be rolled up at the sleeves. I'm also looking to find a brand with shirts / outerwear that can consistently fit someone with my build. Price shouldn't be a problem, so long as it isn't upwards of $250. I've heard good things about Band of Outsiders. Does it sound like their clothes would fit my needs? And if so, should I go with a S or an XS? I'm worried that the Oxford in their online store is a bit too long for wearing un-tucked. Thanks for any help that you can give. I got this picture as a reference for what I'm looking for (http://www.gq.com/images/entertainme...olk/folk35.jpg)
post #2336 of 4945
Can anybody recommend non-sneaker non-black/brown shoes? All I can think of are loafers and boat shoes.

I just got thick white leather belt, what type of shoes/pants should I pair it with?

Also, I love cords. Where can I get a nice slim fit pair, and what type of shirt would one typically wear with them?
post #2337 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwydion View Post
Yea those are the kind of shirts I'm aiming for, though I already have some thermals, so looks like I'll be aiming more for basic crew necks. Got a question about sleeves. So I like to roll up my sleeves a lot, so are there kinds of sleeves that I should look out for or stay away from? Does it even matter?
post #2338 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkblader View Post
Got a question about sleeves. So I like to roll up my sleeves a lot, so are there kinds of sleeves that I should look out for or stay away from? Does it even matter?
Uhhhh. Short sleeve shirts? Don't roll those.
post #2339 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebastianPGM View Post
6% Body Fat

post #2340 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebastianPGM View Post
Hey, long time lurker of these forums, decided to join.

I've got a short, slim build (5'9", 140 lbs, 6% Body Fat, 28" waist, 34" chest, et cetera), and I'm looking for a more casual, shorter shirt with a bit of drape, that can be worn both partially unbuttoned and buttoned, and can be rolled up at the sleeves. I'm also looking to find a brand with shirts / outerwear that can consistently fit someone with my build. Price shouldn't be a problem, so long as it isn't upwards of $250.

I've heard good things about Band of Outsiders. Does it sound like their clothes would fit my needs? And if so, should I go with a S or an XS? I'm worried that the Oxford in their online store is a bit too long for wearing un-tucked.

Thanks for any help that you can give. I got this picture as a reference for what I'm looking for (http://www.gq.com/images/entertainme...olk/folk35.jpg)

Your body type sounds very similar to mine. You may want to go to a brooks brothers and try their extra slim fit shirts. They would have been perfect on me but my chest (36) was the only part that didn't fit so they should work well for you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.