or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please. - Page 141

post #2101 of 4947
Rachel Comey
post #2102 of 4947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapp View Post
Can someone point me toward some quality hi-top sneakers that are simple in design and made well enough to last awhile? Maybe something that looks better as they wear in?

I've been a boot guy for several years but would like one great pair of sneakers in rotation.

Common projects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmindc View Post
Can someone recommend me a canvas oxford or derby dress-style shoe?

Common projects?
post #2103 of 4947
Quote:
Originally Posted by tightandbright View Post
I bought a couple shirts at H&M. I don't really like their spring/summer clothes though. And no no for AMerican Apparel and Gap lol. I have a very good job (pays 18$ an hour) so um... I can afford pricier things (not too pricey though).

This statement makes you look like a twit. American Apparel has good basics. If you want basics, check them out. If you're too good for Gap, go to J Crew. Don't start shelling out cash left and right for higher brands until you really know what you like.
post #2104 of 4947
Now that I have a navy blazer, what sports coat should I aim to get next?
post #2105 of 4947
Quote:
Originally Posted by tightandbright View Post
I bought a couple shirts at H&M. I don't really like their spring/summer clothes though. And no no for AMerican Apparel and Gap lol. I have a very good job (pays 18$ an hour) so um... I can afford pricier things (not too pricey though).

Ohhhhh $18 an hour. Baller status.

post #2106 of 4947
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmindc View Post
Can someone recommend me a canvas oxford or derby dress-style shoe?
rachel comey, common projects, bstore, opening ceremony, i think vanishing elephant, urban outfitters, couple more too. really wanted a pair like 2 years ago and couldn't find anything and now that i'm not fiending for one quite the same i see them a bunch
post #2107 of 4947
Oh, and I forgot to mention Augusta/Carpe Diem
post #2108 of 4947
Quote:
Originally Posted by enarchay View Post
Now that I have a navy blazer, what sports coat should I aim to get next?

Depends on your wardrobe. I think corduroy looks great, but the fabric won't last as long as wool. Tweed is also fantastic. Some kind of rougher, textured fabric.
post #2109 of 4947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot View Post
Depends on your wardrobe. I think corduroy looks great, but the fabric won't last as long as wool. Tweed is also fantastic. Some kind of rougher, textured fabric.

Rougher, textured fabric... well I did recently thrift a Lands End wool/lambswool sports coat for $4. It's a tan color. Would that work for a second blazer? Not sure with which outfits it'd work.
post #2110 of 4947
Need some new boots as my HTC do not fit and I am not feeling the style for my wardrobe. Wanted to get the Clarks distressed black DB but no where to be found, rec. a good black boot that is quality and priced right?
post #2111 of 4947
Quote:
Originally Posted by enarchay View Post
Rougher, textured fabric... well I did recently thrift a Lands End wool/lambswool sports coat for $4. It's a tan color. Would that work for a second blazer? Not sure with which outfits it'd work.

I can't see it or feel it over the internet, dog. Use your best judgment.
post #2112 of 4947
How much should I expect to pay on shirt and pant alterations?
post #2113 of 4947
It can range from 10 to 20 dollars in my experience.
post #2114 of 4947
depending on what needs to be done $10-$20 like what Prada said.

sleeve or inseam shortened, $10
pants taken in or out, $20
post #2115 of 4947
Quote:
Originally Posted by enarchay View Post
Now that I have a navy blazer, what sports coat should I aim to get next?

A medium grey or herringbone tweed from TAT: http://www.thickasthievesla.com/fabrics.html

Either will work over denim, chinos, or slacks. Versatility is the name of the game.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.