or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please. - Page 136

post #2026 of 4945
I'm looking for a slim, unstructured blazer / sportcoat in an uncommon size (34/36 us, 44 eu). Any options out there or should i go with TaT or something?
post #2027 of 4945
I'm looking for a dark indigo selvage raw jean in a slim-straight cut, preferably under 200 bucks, any suggestions?
post #2028 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branches View Post
I'm looking for a dark indigo selvage raw jean in a slim-straight cut, preferably under 200 bucks, any suggestions?

Sounds like a job for APC NS? Check out the "I have a jean" thread, really helpful for any kind of jeans.
post #2029 of 4945
Yeah i've been searching around that thread a little as well. The whole vanity sizing thing with a.p.c makes me nervous, I feel like I'd wanna try em on first or something, so i may just end up staying away from those, I'll keep looking. Thanks bro
post #2030 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branches View Post
Yeah i've been searching around that thread a little as well. The whole vanity sizing thing with a.p.c makes me nervous, I feel like I'd wanna try em on first or something, so i may just end up staying away from those, I'll keep looking. Thanks bro

Yeah vanity sizing can suck but if you look around a lot and read lots of people's post-stretch measurements or see fit pics and their measurements you will get a good idea of what size you need. For a straight-leg fit 2 down is probably what you're looking for. Might want to check out Nudie though, they're on the cheap side too and they have about 10 different cuts.
post #2031 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncontrol View Post
It would be cheaper to get a slim suit at H&M and work with it than it will be to fix everything here that needs to be fixed.

I live in a place that doesn't have one. What needs fixing?
post #2032 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLeiber32 View Post
Items (if you think any of these is under or over represented, please chime in) - 5 Casual Shirts 2-3 Cardigans 2-3 Sweaters 5 Basic T's 1 Premium Jean (something like APC) 2-3 Cheap Jeans (Levis and the like for black/overdyed or white jeans) 3? Pants 1-2 Shoes (leather shoes, could be worn with jeans or chinos/pants) Accessories - ties mostly, socks, jewelry
ok so just to get this straight you want to buy 25 pieces of clothing with $1k? that's $40 bucks a pop. what you're asking for is really not possible if you want 'life long pieces'. cheap basics, yeah you can work with that. first of all you don't just go out and buy a whole wardrobe, you build a wardrobe for yourself over time. that is why you should first of all go back to all your older clothes and look through which pieces you are most likely to keep. besides you said you're going to college and i've never heard of anyone wearing ties/jewelry(whatever that means) at a college regularly. also you haven't specified what the look is you are going for and thus it's basically impossible to give you any advice on specific brands. well off the bat you could go to an H&M/AA/UO ect ect and buy cheap basics like Ts and some plaid shirts. shoes on the other hand well sneakers is what you should be looking for summer and a decent pair of boots for winter. just remember that if you buy cheap clothing don't expect it to last all that long or keep its shape and form. oh and APC denim is mid tier and not premium
post #2033 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rölfi View Post
first of all you don't just go out and buy a whole wardrobe, you build a wardrobe for yourself over time.
Yeah. Your tastes will change and it's just not as much fun. Also I'd get one or two good jeans and wear them more instead of also having cheaper jeans.
post #2034 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rölfi View Post
ok so just to get this straight you want to buy 25 pieces of clothing with $1k? that's $40 bucks a pop. what you're asking for is really not possible if you want 'life long pieces'. cheap basics, yeah you can work with that.

first of all you don't just go out and buy a whole wardrobe, you build a wardrobe for yourself over time. that is why you should first of all go back to all your older clothes and look through which pieces you are most likely to keep. besides you said you're going to college and i've never heard of anyone wearing ties/jewelry(whatever that means) at a college regularly.

also you haven't specified what the look is you are going for and thus it's basically impossible to give you any advice on specific brands.

well off the bat you could go to an H&M/AA/UO ect ect and buy cheap basics like Ts and some plaid shirts. shoes on the other hand well sneakers is what you should be looking for summer and a decent pair of boots for winter.

just remember that if you buy cheap clothing don't expect it to last all that long or keep its shape and form. oh and APC denim is mid tier and not premium

Ha nice on the APC remark . I mean to say premium for an 18-year-old with a normal job and a lower class family. The list I posted isn't any sort of Bible though by any means. Just a guideline for some of the pieces I'll need and how many I of each I could see myself wearing on a regular basis. I'm not looking to go out and buy all of these pieces right now and call it a wardrobe, just a frame of reference for myself.

I also agree with the cheap basic > lifelong comment as well with the exception of maybe shelling out some extra dough for something like Alden or AE shoes that could last me quite a while. Even those would be something I would try to snag off of B&S.

I guess my question was really overarching though. The main question I'm looking for is what are some essential basics every guy should have that aren't a total given. And most importantly what BRANDS should I be looking at that can work with my goofy proportions?

My main problems are with shirts. For example, based off of Farinelli's site I am able to see both the measurements on BoO shirts and how they fit a model with X height and weight. Based off that I am roughly the equivalent of a BoO XS. Where the hell can I find shirts cut that small but also within my budget? This is made even more complicated by me having a 15.5" neck and there being no efficient way of a tailor enlarging the neck of a shirt anything more than about .5".

So all in all this post was a bit of rambling but I suppose the real question I was trying to ask is where should I be looking to find some versatile basics in a price range I can afford that will actually fit me properly?
post #2035 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by van_hammersly View Post
I'm looking for a slim, unstructured blazer / sportcoat in an uncommon size (34/36 us, 44 eu). Any options out there or should i go with TaT or something?

http://www.asos.com/countryid/2/Asos...DjQGdKqwz5.YUA

xs is out of stock as of now though
post #2036 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLeiber32 View Post
I also agree with the cheap basic > lifelong comment as well with the exception of maybe shelling out some extra dough for something like Alden or AE shoes that could last me quite a while. Even those would be something I would try to snag off of B&S.

ayo i never said this. i think higher quality clothes are far better to invest your money in


Quote:
Originally Posted by SLeiber32 View Post
I guess my question was really overarching though. The main question I'm looking for is what are some essential basics every guy should have that aren't a total given. And most importantly what BRANDS should I be looking at that can work with my goofy proportions?

basic white v-neck tees, a couple white button down shirt (always wear untucked), a decent pair of slim/skinny jeans, leather jacket, a pair of good sneaks and basically go from there

but again you haven't specified what the look is you're going for

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLeiber32 View Post
My main problems are with shirts. For example, based off of Farinelli's site I am able to see both the measurements on BoO shirts and how they fit a model with X height and weight. Based off that I am roughly the equivalent of a BoO XS. Where the hell can I find shirts cut that small but also within my budget? This is made even more complicated by me having a 15.5" neck and there being no efficient way of a tailor enlarging the neck of a shirt anything more than about .5".

stop whining and go out and buy a couple of really cheap shirts at H&M or sth like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLeiber32 View Post
So all in all this post was a bit of rambling but I suppose the real question I was trying to ask is where should I be looking to find some versatile basics in a price range I can afford that will actually fit me properly?

if you want stuff to rally fit you properly then you can always take your stuff to a tailor. but doing this to a cheap shirt would be like polishing a turd, it'll still stink, nahmsayin?
post #2037 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branches View Post
Yeah i've been searching around that thread a little as well. The whole vanity sizing thing with a.p.c makes me nervous, I feel like I'd wanna try em on first or something, so i may just end up staying away from those, I'll keep looking. Thanks bro

You could always return or exchange them.
post #2038 of 4945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branches View Post
I'm looking for a dark indigo selvage raw jean in a slim-straight cut, preferably under 200 bucks, any suggestions?

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=157881

Not all of these will be the cut you're looking for, but a great reference nontheless..
post #2039 of 4945
Recommend me some dark brown leather slip-ons. And cheap.
post #2040 of 4945
cheap? you sir have come to the wrong place
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.