Related Forum Threads
- SZ 36-42 Suits/SCs ADDED 4/17! **BOSS, VALENTINO, CANALI, VERSACE, BURBERRY** Last post on 4/19/11 at 1:14am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Are Valentino suits any good? Last post on 4/10/14 at 10:55pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Clothes and Perception Last post on 2/24/15 at 1:08pm in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gino Valentino Suits $129 AND Fully Canvassed??? - Page 2post #16 of 273/9/09 at 7:51pmpost #17 of 273/9/09 at 7:52pmQuote:I feel bad for Valentino Garavani (the "real" Valentino), having all those ripoffs of his name and random people trying to sell stuff that way.
I wonder if they get away with it is because Valentino is his FIRST name and not his last? Can you not copyright a first name?
I mean, you don't see many fake variations on "armani" or "dior" or "Versace" out there...
If you read the description they say "RMANI" on some of them!post #18 of 273/9/09 at 7:53pmThis is the same seller as DaVinci Exclusive on EBay and is a fierce competitor with the Wizard of Aaahs.
Not sure who to believe, each says the other sells fakes and crap etc. If I had to believe one I would hazard to go with Jeff from the Wizard (never bought from either one fwiw). Not sure why, he just seems a tad more reasonable and he has a point, full canvass, real wool for $150??
Here is a recent thread from AAAC that eventually references these Gino Valentino suits. See Jeff's "passionate" last post.
http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...hlight=davincipost #19 of 273/9/09 at 7:55pmOne of the sellers on this site was selling REAL Valentino suits for $299 in the sales area. I'm sure the OP is joking about considering buying these suits... but if you want Valentino, get real Valentino. Gino, mario, Jose, Fred, Timmy, Leonardo, whatever the variation... that ain't Valentino.post #20 of 273/9/09 at 7:59pmpost #21 of 273/9/09 at 8:16pmThread Starterpost #22 of 273/9/09 at 8:27pmQuote:One of the sellers on this site was selling REAL Valentino suits for $299 in the sales area. I'm sure the OP is joking about considering buying these suits... but if you want Valentino, get real Valentino. Gino, mario, Jose, Fred, Timmy, Leonardo, whatever the variation... that ain't Valentino.
Yes, it is hard to tell jokes from reality on these posts. My point was just to add the dynamic of this rivalry on EBay.
In fairness, only the "Gino Valentino" guys tries to come across off as the real Valentino (look at the VG logo). Yes, the real Valentino I am sure is copyrighted that is why you see the addition of other names etc.
What if Valentino is your real last name?? Every designer uses their names, suck if you had to disown your own name.post #23 of 273/9/09 at 8:30pmpost #24 of 273/9/09 at 9:35pmThread Starterpost #25 of 279/27/13 at 11:51pmpost #26 of 272/5/14 at 2:23pm
I bought three of these suits. The material seems nice, but the craftsmanship isn't the best. It ended up costing me $150 in tailoring for each suit. I wear 50L and the sleeves are good on pretty much every off the rack suit I've tried on before, but these were extra long and since they have working buttons, the sleeves had to be taken off to be shortened. Also, the cut on the bottom of the jacket wasn't even, so that had to be fixed. When the waist was brought in on the jacket, the buttons on the front of each suit would have had to be moved in order for the jacket to button correctly, but I had the tailor move the top (2 button) and middle (3 button) and then line up the other buttons with those. I'd much rather have the buttons line up evenly than have them slant down at an angle just so the jacket can close properly when all are buttoned. These are the only buttons I use, so it's fine, but still bothers me a bit. I've never had this issue with other suits before.
Essentially, in the end, I paid an average of $150 per suit and $150 for tailoring and all I can say is that the pants fit great... as long as you're willing to have the buttons sewn back on after wearing them two or three times. They're cut like a slim fit pant though - so that might not be for everyone.
Bottom line, good materials, but poor craftsmanship - and nearly impossible to fix. My tailor is extremely good and has even been making clothes for 35 years and she was yelling at me by the end of the visit because she couldn't fix everything that needed fixing - even if she dismantled the entire jacket - because she said the pattern was cut so poorly.
Like I said - $150 to get them almost right. My usual bill to tailor a suit is under $50 - bring in the jacket waist, narrow the pants, and finish the bottoms of the pants.
If you're still thinking of doing it, buy one and if it works out, buy one more at a time since poor craftsmanship usually doesn't amount to a consistent fit across the line.
You definitely do get what you pay for.post #27 of 272/5/14 at 2:53pm
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 55 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 3 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 4 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet Trainers (OPEN TO COLORWAYS) 6 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding