Related Forum Threads
- SZ 36-42 Suits/SCs ADDED 4/17! **BOSS, VALENTINO, CANALI, VERSACE, BURBERRY** Last post on 4/19/11 at 1:14am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Are Valentino suits any good? Last post on 9/30/13 at 12:10pm in Classic Menswear
- Are these suits worth $500? Last post on 9/26/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- Learning to dress business-casually in London Last post on 9/19/12 at 3:03pm in Classic Menswear
- Dressing up for job interview... what to wear? Last post on 10/3/12 at 7:57pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Gino Valentino Suits $129 AND Fully Canvassed??? - Page 2
Styles mentioned in this thread:
I wonder if they get away with it is because Valentino is his FIRST name and not his last? Can you not copyright a first name?
I mean, you don't see many fake variations on "armani" or "dior" or "Versace" out there...
If you read the description they say "RMANI" on some of them!
Not sure who to believe, each says the other sells fakes and crap etc. If I had to believe one I would hazard to go with Jeff from the Wizard (never bought from either one fwiw). Not sure why, he just seems a tad more reasonable and he has a point, full canvass, real wool for $150??
Here is a recent thread from AAAC that eventually references these Gino Valentino suits. See Jeff's "passionate" last post.
Yes, it is hard to tell jokes from reality on these posts. My point was just to add the dynamic of this rivalry on EBay.
In fairness, only the "Gino Valentino" guys tries to come across off as the real Valentino (look at the VG logo). Yes, the real Valentino I am sure is copyrighted that is why you see the addition of other names etc.
What if Valentino is your real last name?? Every designer uses their names, suck if you had to disown your own name.
I bought three of these suits. The material seems nice, but the craftsmanship isn't the best. It ended up costing me $150 in tailoring for each suit. I wear 50L and the sleeves are good on pretty much every off the rack suit I've tried on before, but these were extra long and since they have working buttons, the sleeves had to be taken off to be shortened. Also, the cut on the bottom of the jacket wasn't even, so that had to be fixed. When the waist was brought in on the jacket, the buttons on the front of each suit would have had to be moved in order for the jacket to button correctly, but I had the tailor move the top (2 button) and middle (3 button) and then line up the other buttons with those. I'd much rather have the buttons line up evenly than have them slant down at an angle just so the jacket can close properly when all are buttoned. These are the only buttons I use, so it's fine, but still bothers me a bit. I've never had this issue with other suits before.
Essentially, in the end, I paid an average of $150 per suit and $150 for tailoring and all I can say is that the pants fit great... as long as you're willing to have the buttons sewn back on after wearing them two or three times. They're cut like a slim fit pant though - so that might not be for everyone.
Bottom line, good materials, but poor craftsmanship - and nearly impossible to fix. My tailor is extremely good and has even been making clothes for 35 years and she was yelling at me by the end of the visit because she couldn't fix everything that needed fixing - even if she dismantled the entire jacket - because she said the pattern was cut so poorly.
Like I said - $150 to get them almost right. My usual bill to tailor a suit is under $50 - bring in the jacket waist, narrow the pants, and finish the bottoms of the pants.
If you're still thinking of doing it, buy one and if it works out, buy one more at a time since poor craftsmanship usually doesn't amount to a consistent fit across the line.
You definitely do get what you pay for.
- Gino Valentino Suits $129 AND Fully Canvassed???
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Dior Homme Thread*** 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 5 minutes ago
- › Marinella and Zegna: Tie MtM Programs 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › NWT RLPL Soft Collar Sport Shirt, Green and Purple Plaid, 100%... 11 minutes ago
- › Albam Baseball Knit Size 1 Applegreen 15 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 17 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 19 minutes ago
- › WTB: WWM Trail Parka Kelly Green or Red Size Large 20 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw