or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds - Blobby?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds - Blobby?

post #1 of 89
Thread Starter 
Allen Edmonds get bashed on the forum a fair bit for being blobby. I don’t agree as some of their lasts like the #5 and models like the strand do really look nice to my eye.

So I ask are these shoes blobby?


post #2 of 89
They look nice,really nice.Who gives a shit if bunch of people you haven't even met think it is blobby,if you like them,wear them. That said, I would wear them with pleasure but I wouldn't buy them.
post #3 of 89
I'd spend $1000 on those instead of enjoying myself before life got serious.
post #4 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffsWood View Post
Allen Edmonds get bashed on the forum a fair bit for being blobby. I don't agree as some of their lasts like the #5 and models like the strand do really look blobby to my eye.

What are you trying to say, you agree they look blobby or you disagree they look blobby?
post #5 of 89
By themselves they are not.

Don't really worry what Forumites say. A forum consensus "sleek" shoes would be too pointy and feminine by real world standard.

So the question to ask yourself is whether you want to please stranger on the internet or strangers in real life.
post #6 of 89
Yes, they look so '90s...
post #7 of 89
Strands look nice in dk brown.
post #8 of 89
I LOVE my Allen-Edmunds. I have a pair that are 26 years old (recrafted once). They are gorgeous and timeless. All in all, I think I have 12 pairs of A-E. They last forever.
post #9 of 89
AEs blobby? You decide. AE Strand: C&J Selborne: IMO the Selborne wipes the floor with the AE - it isn't even a fair fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106 View Post
Don't really worry what Forumites say. A forum consensus "sleek" shoes would be too pointy and feminine by real world standard.
Complete, utter, bullshit.
post #10 of 89
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post
What are you trying to say, you agree they look blobby or you disagree they look blobby?


Fixed
post #11 of 89
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by apropos View Post
Blobby? Which looks better? You decide.

AE Strand:


C&J Selborne:


IMO the Selborne wipes the floor with the AE - it isn't even a fair fight.

Complete, utter, bullshit.

Do you reallythink Crocket and Jones are better looking then AE? PLEASE.
post #12 of 89
But you get two AEs for the price of one pair of CJs,those Selbornes are swell,I am getting a pair
post #13 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffsWood View Post
Do you reallythink Crocket and Jones are better looking then AE? PLEASE.

Are you kidding?PLEASE
post #14 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffsWood View Post
Do you reallythink Crocket and Jones are better looking then AE? PLEASE.
I'll give you one more (size-corrected) chance to redeem yourself:
post #15 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by apropos View Post
AEs blobby? You decide.

AE Strand:


C&J Selborne:


IMO the Selborne wipes the floor with the AE - it isn't even a fair fight.

Complete, utter, bullshit.


I think the C&J look better. But, you have to consider the fact that:
C&J: £361.99 (pediwear price) = ~510 U
AE Strand: 280 dollars
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds - Blobby?