unfortunately we cannot hear his side of the story...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Places for fabric in NYC Last post on 6/28/12 at 8:30am in Classic Menswear
- What's the Worst Getup You've Been Forced to Wear as a Groomsman? Last post on 8/11/11 at 8:17pm in Classic Menswear
- Do you have a 'signature-item'? Last post on 6/15/13 at 9:51am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- FS: DROPS ZILLI, BURUNI, HERMES, RLPL, Borrelli, Brioni, Zegna, FREE TIES Last post on 4/23/11 at 1:23am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Howard Yount: Affiliate thread - Page 299
Styleforum Top Picks
We could if he responded to emails. Or picked up packages. Or posted on forums. Or gave me a phone number I could call. I mean, I would LOVE to hear his side of the story. I've been waiting months to hear it!
It would be nice if something were done. I'm saying this as someone who loves HY's products and will continue to order from Jamison. It kind of saddens me to see him dragging his own name through the mud (perhaps I exaggerate, but still).
Anyway, I am absolutely down for trying to figure out a way to somehow ask why he doesn't communicate.
On a related note, if we do want to figure this out:
I know @mimo and I are of a similar mind when it comes to HY (I think).
Only used him once. Comms were a problem, though when he did get in touch he couldn't have been more helpful. And the jacket's nice. I'd order from him again, but not entirely without trepidation. And it does seem to me the situation is getting worse rather than better, from comments above.
Maybe time for a friendly Fok intervention, while the topic of AV standards is hot...
Ah, I thought you had ordered some pants from him as well. Regardless, it would be nice if someone could somehow get in contact with Jamison and not need to get Fok involved, but that thread is there for, among other things, registering complaints against vendors, and Fok will be watching it (as far as I know, he generally keeps out of AV threads).
In terms of products, Yount is probably my favorite vendor on the forum. But I really would like to see this addressed (perhaps for that reason, come to think of it)
I have 8 pair of HY pants and various other items. His sport coats are great for the price point. He has some offerings that get a lot of praise on other threads like tubular belts. I don't think many people realize how unique these belts are or even that he carries them due to lack of communication.
I have never had a problem with returns or refunds, so I will continue to order from him. I do understand others' frustration.
Side note: unfortunately the new pant sizes don't work for me, so I am trying other vendors/makers.
Anyhow, looking at buying another 2-3 pairs from him once I can save the money—I hope he resolves everyone's problems soon!
It honestly sounds like an understaffing problem, though I'd have thought he'd get a handle on this sooner.
- Howard Yount: Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 8 seconds ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 11 seconds ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 33 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › TyCooN's Official Boxing Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...