unfortunately we cannot hear his side of the story...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Places for fabric in NYC Last post on 6/28/12 at 8:30am in Classic Menswear
- What's the Worst Getup You've Been Forced to Wear as a Groomsman? Last post on 8/11/11 at 8:17pm in Classic Menswear
- Do you have a 'signature-item'? Last post on 6/15/13 at 9:51am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- FS: DROPS ZILLI, BURUNI, HERMES, RLPL, Borrelli, Brioni, Zegna, FREE TIES Last post on 4/23/11 at 1:23am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Howard Yount: Affiliate thread - Page 299
Styleforum Top Picks
We could if he responded to emails. Or picked up packages. Or posted on forums. Or gave me a phone number I could call. I mean, I would LOVE to hear his side of the story. I've been waiting months to hear it!
It would be nice if something were done. I'm saying this as someone who loves HY's products and will continue to order from Jamison. It kind of saddens me to see him dragging his own name through the mud (perhaps I exaggerate, but still).
Anyway, I am absolutely down for trying to figure out a way to somehow ask why he doesn't communicate.
On a related note, if we do want to figure this out:
I know @mimo and I are of a similar mind when it comes to HY (I think).
Only used him once. Comms were a problem, though when he did get in touch he couldn't have been more helpful. And the jacket's nice. I'd order from him again, but not entirely without trepidation. And it does seem to me the situation is getting worse rather than better, from comments above.
Maybe time for a friendly Fok intervention, while the topic of AV standards is hot...
Ah, I thought you had ordered some pants from him as well. Regardless, it would be nice if someone could somehow get in contact with Jamison and not need to get Fok involved, but that thread is there for, among other things, registering complaints against vendors, and Fok will be watching it (as far as I know, he generally keeps out of AV threads).
In terms of products, Yount is probably my favorite vendor on the forum. But I really would like to see this addressed (perhaps for that reason, come to think of it)
I have 8 pair of HY pants and various other items. His sport coats are great for the price point. He has some offerings that get a lot of praise on other threads like tubular belts. I don't think many people realize how unique these belts are or even that he carries them due to lack of communication.
I have never had a problem with returns or refunds, so I will continue to order from him. I do understand others' frustration.
Side note: unfortunately the new pant sizes don't work for me, so I am trying other vendors/makers.
Anyhow, looking at buying another 2-3 pairs from him once I can save the money—I hope he resolves everyone's problems soon!
It honestly sounds like an understaffing problem, though I'd have thought he'd get a handle on this sooner.
- Howard Yount: Affiliate thread
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 22 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 48 seconds ago
- › 2014 50 Book Challenge 1 minute ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 7 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Help IDing a coat 9 minutes ago
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 11 minutes ago
- › SC or orphaned jacket? 12 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)