Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Places for fabric in NYC Last post on 6/28/12 at 8:30am in Classic Menswear
- What's the Worst Getup You've Been Forced to Wear as a Groomsman? Last post on 8/11/11 at 8:17pm in Classic Menswear
- Do you have a 'signature-item'? Last post on 6/15/13 at 9:51am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- FS: DROPS ZILLI, BURUNI, HERMES, RLPL, Borrelli, Brioni, Zegna, FREE TIES Last post on 4/23/11 at 1:23am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Howard Yount: Affiliate thread - Page 296
Styleforum Top Picks
quote name="Claghorn" url="/t/105961/howard-yount-affiliate-thread/4410#post_7159856"]There have been other threads, but I think HY is the only one that stays really active without vendor participation. Which is, as you said, indicative of the quality of his stuff.
The thought occurs to me. We may be dealing with a genius. The only affiliate thread more often bumped to the top of the forum is NMWA. Why is this thread always updated? Complaints about lack of communication followed by a slew of supporters conceding that his communication is unacceptable but the price/quality make it worth it. Imagine what would happen if he started answering emails? This thread might drop to the dregs of The Second Page!
Right, so I very carefully packaged the pants, hand wrote a pleasant note outlining the details of the exchange I am after, and UPS-ed it all off to Jamison this afternoon.
I shall report back on whatever events transpire.
I am hopeful for a peaceful resolution that ends in me wearing some nice trou.
I own several pants in the same fits and sizes that fits differently. I believe this to be the product of cloth weight. As the tropical pants are lighter than the lambswool it takes less space, thus rendering a baggier fit so to speak. The heavy cloth takes more room. The difference in fit makes sense if the pants are cut with the same template since the cloth weight probably isn't accounted for when the pants sre being cut.
2 separate e-mails for order confirmation and shipping confirmation.
Does anyone have information about the weight of the cotton twill pants? I.e. how heavy is it?
I've a few pants from HY, have had generally good interactions with Jamison (including returns in the past). I understand people's frustration.
I recently emailed to get info on products and no response, unlike in the past. The ominous thing is that service is clearly slowly going down hill. I fear that at some point, people will start reporting shipping problems on orders. It's sad...no other pants fit me as well as HYs.
I want to bump this as Jamison isn't answering my product question emails either.
1. What is the weight of the cotton twills. Too heavy for mid summer heat?
2. Do the d-rings hold the pants up or do they constantly loosen like my d-ring belt.
3. How's the herringbone on the linens? Strong pattern or subtle (it looks subtle in the pics).
Anyone can weigh in here since Jamison isn't?
- Howard Yount: Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › @@!!US Open 2014: Novak Djokovic beats Andy Murray in four 23 seconds ago
- › BBC Sport - Tennis 1 minute ago
- › +91-8290666599 Spells to attract love in Kuwait Bahrain 1 minute ago
- › @@!!Live steam: Novak Djokovic vs. Andy Murray live blog 1 minute ago
- › +91-8290666599 Black magic spells for love in Kuwait Bahrain 1 minute ago
- › Alden Cordovan Chukka Boots Shell Cordovan Commando Sole Sz.8D 2 minutes ago
- › @@!!Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic LIVE: All the action from the 2 minutes ago
- › New here (need style advice) 2 minutes ago
- › Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic Live Stream Free: Watch .. 2 minutes ago
- › +91-8290666599 All Love Life ProBlem Solution in Kuwait Bahrain 3 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays