or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Howard Yount: Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Howard Yount: Affiliate thread - Page 296

post #4426 of 4759
I've measured my HY trousers and have had them reproduced by Luxire instead of re-ordering from Jamison. This gives me more flexibility with playing around with details.
post #4427 of 4759
Lol...the correct term is shillers

quote name="Claghorn" url="/t/105961/howard-yount-affiliate-thread/4410#post_7159856"]There have been other threads, but I think HY is the only one that stays really active without vendor participation. Which is, as you said, indicative of the quality of his stuff.

The thought occurs to me. We may be dealing with a genius. The only affiliate thread more often bumped to the top of the forum is NMWA. Why is this thread always updated? Complaints about lack of communication followed by a slew of supporters conceding that his communication is unacceptable but the price/quality make it worth it. Imagine what would happen if he started answering emails? This thread might drop to the dregs of The Second Page!
[/quote]
post #4428 of 4759

Right, so I very carefully packaged the pants, hand wrote a pleasant note outlining the details of the exchange I am after, and UPS-ed it all off to Jamison this afternoon.

 

I shall report back on whatever events transpire.

 

I am hopeful for a peaceful resolution that ends in me wearing some nice trou.

post #4429 of 4759
X-posting. HY sportcoat and pants



post #4430 of 4759
Anyone have pics of the 3" navy/white dot pointed knit in action? I'm thinking about buying it. Would a 3 inch knit tie look weird (i.e. too skinny) with 4.25" lapels?

Also considering the pomegranate knit. What's the color like IRL?
post #4431 of 4759

I've got the Made in the USA cut for both the lambswool flannel pants and the tropical wool pants, but the tropical wool fit seems baggier.  Has anyone else noticed this?

post #4432 of 4759
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

I've got the Made in the USA cut for both the lambswool flannel pants and the tropical wool pants, but the tropical wool fit seems baggier.  Has anyone else noticed this?
I own several pants in the same fits and sizes that fits differently. I believe this to be the product of cloth weight. As the tropical pants are lighter than the lambswool it takes less space, thus rendering a baggier fit so to speak. The heavy cloth takes more room. The difference in fit makes sense if the pants are cut with the same template since the cloth weight probably isn't accounted for when the pants sre being cut.
post #4433 of 4759
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

I've got the Made in the USA cut for both the lambswool flannel pants and the tropical wool pants, but the tropical wool fit seems baggier.  Has anyone else noticed this?
Makes sense . I also noticed the fit difference on flannel and tropical wool pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRaphael View Post

I own several pants in the same fits and sizes that fits differently. I believe this to be the product of cloth weight. As the tropical pants are lighter than the lambswool it takes less space, thus rendering a baggier fit so to speak. The heavy cloth takes more room. The difference in fit makes sense if the pants are cut with the same template since the cloth weight probably isn't accounted for when the pants sre being cut.
post #4434 of 4759
It's been a while since I ordered something from HY. A quick question, do we normally get a notification email when the order is shipped? is there a way to know what the order status is? Thanks.
post #4435 of 4759
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenzhongbi View Post

It's been a while since I ordered something from HY. A quick question, do we normally get a notification email when the order is shipped? is there a way to know what the order status is? Thanks.


2 separate e-mails for order confirmation and shipping confirmation.

post #4436 of 4759
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordjeebus View Post


2 separate e-mails for order confirmation and shipping confirmation.
Thanks.
I placed an order last Thursday, so I assume that it will take some extra time to ship.
post #4437 of 4759
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenzhongbi View Post


Thanks.
I placed an order last Thursday, so I assume that it will take some extra time to ship.

Did you get a shipping confirmation yet?

post #4438 of 4759
Quote:
Originally Posted by desastre View Post

Did you get a shipping confirmation yet?
Yes. I just got it this morning. Unfortunately, the chambray shirt I have been eying for years was sold out when Jamison packed my order. Bummer!
post #4439 of 4759
Quote:
Originally Posted by selvedge8tweed View Post
 

Does anyone have information about the weight of the cotton twill pants? I.e. how heavy is it?

 

I've a few pants from HY, have had generally good interactions with Jamison (including returns in the past). I understand people's frustration.

 

I recently emailed to get info on products and no response, unlike in the past. The ominous thing is that service is clearly slowly going down hill. I fear that at some point, people will start reporting shipping problems on orders. It's sad...no other pants fit me as well as HYs.


I want to bump this as Jamison isn't answering my product question emails either.

 

1. What is the weight of the cotton twills. Too heavy for mid summer heat?

2. Do the d-rings hold the pants up or do they constantly loosen like my d-ring belt.

3. How's the herringbone on the linens? Strong pattern or subtle (it looks subtle in the pics).

 

Anyone can weigh in here since Jamison isn't?

post #4440 of 4759

d rings dont loosen imo but i dont carry that much in the pockets (only iphone and a thin wallet with a plastic cards)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Howard Yount: Affiliate thread