Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Places for fabric in NYC Last post on 6/28/12 at 8:30am in Classic Menswear
- What's the Worst Getup You've Been Forced to Wear as a Groomsman? Last post on 8/11/11 at 8:17pm in Classic Menswear
- Do you have a 'signature-item'? Last post on 6/15/13 at 9:51am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- FS: DROPS ZILLI, BURUNI, HERMES, RLPL, Borrelli, Brioni, Zegna, FREE TIES Last post on 4/23/11 at 1:23am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Howard Yount: Affiliate thread - Page 295
Styleforum Top Picks
'never do business with anyone who does not return your email'
So far I have only good experience from HY . Price vs quality he beats everyone. When you order why not read the measurements ? They are accurate. I am not saying he should ignore your email. But at the same time I would hate if he employ someone to answer all the emails and puts the price up. What you are getting for your money is steal. I have purchased 7 pair of pants from him and I can tell you all my future odd trousers will also be HY. Just read the measurements and ask questions on this thread before buying . Based on my experience I give him 12 out of 10 (20% bonus points).
"If you would like to return an item, please contact us first for the return address. Unused items can be returned within 30 days. It is the buyer's responsibility to return items in original condition so please ensure proper packaging, and we would encourage you to ship a return with tracking. We do not provide return shipping labels or pay for return shipping. Once your items are returned for refund or exchange, please note that it may take up to a week to process."
I have two jackets, three pairs of pants, shoes, couple of pocket squares (maybe something else I can't recall) from HY and they are all excellent. The shipping was properly fast. I didn't have to exchange/return anything but I have gotten very wary of ordering seeing that the service appears to have gone downhill. Such a shame.
You do realize that affiliate threads are the sweetest deal going, because members feel too cowed to "pollute" them, rather than treat them like the open forum they should be (thereby improving business practices), so they turn into an automated form of brand boosterism that requires absolutely no maintenace on the part of the vendor. Pretty much every thread is rah-rah-sis-boom-bah for 100s of pages. You can't buy that.
This is so true. I find it so weird that in some threads when people post outfits containing vendor items, they spoiler the description and brand. And when anyone criticizes anything, they get shit on.
Does anyone have information about the weight of the cotton twill pants? I.e. how heavy is it?
I've a few pants from HY, have had generally good interactions with Jamison (including returns in the past). I understand people's frustration.
I recently emailed to get info on products and no response, unlike in the past. The ominous thing is that service is clearly slowly going down hill. I fear that at some point, people will start reporting shipping problems on orders. It's sad...no other pants fit me as well as HYs.
Edited by CruzAzul - 5/26/14 at 5:57pm
I looked around the site and haven't found a lot of information about being a SF affiliate. Do affiliates pay a recurring fee? Do they have any obligations for participation? Is there a precedent for a vendor abandoning their own thread (Jamison hasn't been online here since February 23)?
As Henry Carter said, affiliates pay a monthly fee for their own thread.
Participation is obviously positive and helps to build up a good rep for your brand.
HY isn't the first affiliate to abandon his own affiliate thread. As an example, The Armoury thread started out very strongly with frequent posts by Mark and Ethan but then posts by staff from The Armoury tailed off to nothing for a couple of years, with the only posts in the thread being by people who asked questions about whether The Armoury would be restocking this or that, only to be told that they might as well get in touch with The Armoury directly as it was clear that no-one was responding in the thread. However, since they opened an NY store, Jeff Hilliard of the new store has been quite active in The Armoury affiliate thread.
By the way, I don't think that Jamison has been online on SF (or at least logged in - he could always have viewed without being logged in) since February 2013, or about 15 months. I guess that it's a testament to the quality and value of HY's clothing that the thread is still quite active despite Jamison himself not having posted in the thread for well over a year!
There have been other threads, but I think HY is the only one that stays really active without vendor participation. Which is, as you said, indicative of the quality of his stuff.
The thought occurs to me. We may be dealing with a genius. The only affiliate thread more often bumped to the top of the forum is NMWA. Why is this thread always updated? Complaints about lack of communication followed by a slew of supporters conceding that his communication is unacceptable but the price/quality make it worth it. Imagine what would happen if he started answering emails? This thread might drop to the dregs of The Second Page!
- Howard Yount: Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 30 seconds ago
- › Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to... 38 seconds ago
- › Most Effective Love spells /Lost love spells Marriage Spells in... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Grad Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Almighty Powerful Love Spells/Lost Love Spells,Marriage Spells in... 3 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...