Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Places for fabric in NYC Last post on 6/28/12 at 8:30am in Classic Menswear
- What's the Worst Getup You've Been Forced to Wear as a Groomsman? Last post on 8/11/11 at 8:17pm in Classic Menswear
- Do you have a 'signature-item'? Last post on 6/15/13 at 9:51am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- FS: DROPS ZILLI, BURUNI, HERMES, RLPL, Borrelli, Brioni, Zegna, FREE TIES Last post on 4/23/11 at 1:23am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Howard Yount: Affiliate thread - Page 290
Styleforum Top Picks
I'm feeling the b-boy stance tho.......
This becomes a problem of sawing the table leg, though. If your shirt started to get slimmer, it would only accentuate the pants, and then everything would progressively get skimpier. As I see it, the pants are saved by the fact that the top is proportionately heavier. My personal recommendation, though not necessarily achievable with OTR pants, is to wear the pants higher on the waist and get the hem as long as possible (not showing the sock). You can add a bit of ease while still tapering the opening a little by having a small, tight pleat in the front. You can also put besom pockets to cinch the top area and reduce the appearance of excess. I also have a 10~10.5 shoe and a too small opening works against me. Aim for 7.75~8''. The cuff looks like 1.5''. Try 1.75'' but do not go to 2''. These parameters will make the most of your height without playing up the beanpole effect. YMMV.
Sprout, Viral, thanks for the constructive criticism. Stance was to get arms out of the way to show the pants. Pocket gaping is an issue for me, as I wear OTR slim fits, and usually let the waist out rather than in. I think one problem here is my brooks brothers "slim fit" shirt. I am a slim individual and these shirts are far from slim. I'm also starting to think my size 10 foot is slightly large for my 5'9.5" stature, and the AE 65 last is not helping.
Disagree completely. Slim pants need a proportionally slim shirt/jacket. It's about coherence.
Most of this thread is geared towards pants, so I thought I would throw in a shirt review. A couple thoughts on the chambray.
- Love multiple arm length options. I have shorter arms, so this is one of the few shirts I did not have to have to have the sleeves shortened or button on the cuff moved.
- Nice color, a bit darker than website
- Nice cut. Shoulders a bit wide for me, but slim in chest and waist without being skin tight. Relatively high armholes.
- Given slimness of bottom of the shirt, I can only wear tucked. Someone with a large drop may be able to wear untucked. (negative for some people)
- Fabric is a bit coarse, not overly soft on the skin.
- Collar points are short for my liking.
I couldn't disagree more. There's probably nothing more important in fit than harmonious proportions.
- Howard Yount: Affiliate thread
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 23 seconds ago
- › Random Food Questions Thread 28 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 1 minute ago
- › How does this V neck fit me? 1 minute ago
- › Abasi Rosborough ARC Jacket + Trousers 2 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 3 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays