Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Places for fabric in NYC Last post on 6/28/12 at 8:30am in Classic Menswear
- What's the Worst Getup You've Been Forced to Wear as a Groomsman? Last post on 8/11/11 at 8:17pm in Classic Menswear
- Do you have a 'signature-item'? Last post on 6/15/13 at 9:51am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- FS: DROPS ZILLI, BURUNI, HERMES, RLPL, Borrelli, Brioni, Zegna, FREE TIES Last post on 4/23/11 at 1:23am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Howard Yount: Affiliate thread - Page 263
Styleforum Top Picks
I noted some threads back you reported significant shrinkage with linen pants, even on washing with cold and hanging dry. Same for other HY linen pants?
Anyone have experience with this too? I figured there might be a little shrinkage, especially on the length, but I think Unclesam posted one inch on the waist! Would be nice not to send things to the dry cleaners if possible.
Got a reply from Jamison within one hour after posting a question on the contact form at the website!
Here's what he says about HY linen pants:
"I haven't had any feedback from customers on handwashing. The pants are really made for professional cleaning--I'd be mostly concerned about the waistband, not the linen--but I think you could try it, with cold and drip drying."
Given unclesam's experience last year, I suppose dry cleaners it is, alas. But still interested in other people's experience. Surely, some of you have bought linen HY trousers!
If you have and cold wash them, which ones did you buy? This season?
They were a bit tight on me to begin with. So, my measurements may be off. Either way, I'd recommend sizing up one if you plan on washing. Plus, linen will stretch out a bit with wear.
Thanks for all for the feedback. Good to know, arahat. I don't mind slight shrinkage, just significant shrinkage (obviously).
The thing about linen is that with washing, it gets softer (as you all know). I don't know if this is true when you dry-clean. So, aside from avoiding dry cleaning chemicals if possible (and it's not always possible), I find it more convenient to wash my own clothes.
I might take the chance and cold wash/line dry, but more data if its out there! So if others have washed HY linen trousers, I'd appreciate the feedback before deciding on taking the chance.
Well, as a long-married man too, I can second the strategy.
That said, I have one pair of light grey cotton Epaulet trousers that are so marked. But after consulting with Mike who emphasized that the pants could definitely be washed and that I'd only see shrinkage on the length if anywhere, I went for the cold wash/hang dry. No issues with shrinkage at all in the pants. Again, convenience won the day. I don't mind ironing, something meditative about it once you get in the groove.
- Howard Yount: Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Viberg Boots 10 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Jack Spade Canvas Foundation Locker Bag 4 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 6 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 7 minutes ago
- › Is this what the B&S Has Come To? 8 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 11 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)