or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Howard Yount: Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Howard Yount: Affiliate thread - Page 239

post #3571 of 4331
Has anyone bought the Super 140s wool/cashmere blend pants? Does it feel/look any different than 100% wool? Also wondering what seasons it'd be appropriate for. Thanks for any input. (I emailed Jamison but am not sure if I should expect a response based on this thread...)
post #3572 of 4331
Does the rise get affected when you take in the waist? A pair of my HY pants has a rise of 9.25" when it should be 10".
post #3573 of 4331
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy_golfing View Post

Does the rise get affected when you take in the waist? A pair of my HY pants has a rise of 9.25" when it should be 10".

It should not. The measurement is likely outseam minus inseam to find the rise.
post #3574 of 4331

Outseam does not get affected. You should email them and see how they measured it though.

 

Or that's what I would usually suggest.

post #3575 of 4331

Guys, I'm in a bit of a dilemma. 

 

I just received the open weave tropical grey pants (made in USA). The quality is seriously exceptional. However, the fit is a tad too big for me. I'm more of a epaulet walt trouser size type of guy.

 

I definitely love the construction of the HY pants, so I'm not looking for a return but rather an exchange for another pair of pants similar to the fit of the walts from epaulet. I heard the made in Italy pants are slimmer than the made in USA counterpart. Are the Italy pants similar in fit compared to the epaulet walt pants? What are your recommendations?

 

 

 

I know a lot of the SF members have issues with their returns. So what's the best way to go about this? Should I just order another pair of pants and ship the prior pants concurrently? Or do I wait for an acknowledgement of a refund before placing my new order?

 

Much Thanks! 

post #3576 of 4331
Quote:
Originally Posted by docka View Post

Guys, I'm in a bit of a dilemma. 

I just received the open weave tropical grey pants (made in USA). The quality is seriously exceptional. However, the fit is a tad too big for me. I'm more of a epaulet walt trouser size type of guy.

I definitely love the construction of the HY pants, so I'm not looking for a return but rather an exchange for another pair of pants similar to the fit of the walts from epaulet. I heard the made in Italy pants are slimmer than the made in USA counterpart. Are the Italy pants similar in fit compared to the epaulet walt pants? What are your recommendations?

If you are Epaulet Walt then go for the HY Made in Italy Pants. The fit is slightly different. HY to me a is a bit fuller.

I know a lot of the SF members have issues with their returns. So what's the best way to go about this? Should I just order another pair of pants and ship the prior pants concurrently? Or do I wait for an acknowledgement of a refund before placing my new order?

This is hard to say. Not sure. If you are going to send back, then get some kind of tracking.
post #3577 of 4331

Can anyone else comment on the fit comparison of made in Italy HY pants to the Epaulet walt pants? 

post #3578 of 4331
Quote:
Originally Posted by docka View Post

Can anyone else comment on the fit comparison of made in Italy HY pants to the Epaulet walt pants? 


I order the same size in HY Italy, HY USA and EP Walt. IMO, the HY Italy and EP Walt are similar, but the Walt is slightly slimmer on me and more tapered when hemmed … my inseam is under 30". I'd definitely give the HY Italy a try if you like the Walt. They are all great pants … a little tailoring here or there on any of them will dial in the fit.

As a courtesy, I'd shoot Jamison an email or use the contact form on the website before returning. If you don't hear back from him, I'd return them along with a note explaining the reason for the return and a copy of your invoice. Make sure to use a trackable service, I prefer FedEx ground.
post #3579 of 4331
will Jamison / Howard Yount ever return to this thread? is HY still a paid affiliate?
post #3580 of 4331
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjedi View Post


I order the same size in HY Italy, HY USA and EP Walt. IMO, the HY Italy and EP Walt are similar, but the Walt is slightly slimmer on me and more tapered when hemmed … my inseam is under 30". I'd definitely give the HY Italy a try if you like the Walt. They are all great pants … a little tailoring here or there on any of them will dial in the fit.

As a courtesy, I'd shoot Jamison an email or use the contact form on the website before returning. If you don't hear back from him, I'd return them along with a note explaining the reason for the return and a copy of your invoice. Make sure to use a trackable service, I prefer FedEx ground.

 

Thanks. I'll give the four season pants a try, since it's made in Italy. 

post #3581 of 4331
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclesam099 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy_golfing View Post

Does the rise get affected when you take in the waist? A pair of my HY pants has a rise of 9.25" when it should be 10".

It should not. The measurement is likely outseam minus inseam to find the rise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

Outseam does not get affected. You should email them and see how they measured it though.

Or that's what I would usually suggest.

That sucks. Both pairs of pants I ordered that should have a 10'' inseam are less. One is 9.25'' (obnoxious to wear) and the other is 9.75''. Pants are great, fabric is great....but I'm pretty disappointed...
post #3582 of 4331
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

will Jamison / Howard Yount ever return to this thread? is HY still a paid affiliate?

I'm sure that HY is still a paid affiliate, as this is an affiliate thread and, if HY was not a paid affiliate, this thread would no longer exist.

It would be great if Jamison (chorse123) posted more in his own thread - a quick look at his post history shows that the last time he logged on to SF was in late February, which was also the same time as his last post in this thread. He posted quite a bit in this thread in January and February this year, but hasn't been around since then. I assume that he's simply too busy with work, family and the mechanics of running HY, placing orders with suppliers and so on. However, it is a pity that he doesn't appear to be very responsive to queries or attempts to contact him at present.
post #3583 of 4331
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjedi View Post

I order the same size in HY Italy, HY USA and EP Walt. IMO, the HY Italy and EP Walt are similar, but the Walt is slightly slimmer on me and more tapered when hemmed … my inseam is under 30". I'd definitely give the HY Italy a try if you like the Walt. They are all great pants … a little tailoring here or there on any of them will dial in the fit.

I concur. I order size 32 in all three, and when all is said and done, the slight variations in fit take a backseat to pattern, season/weight, and availability. I take in the waist quite a bit on all 3, but have just enough room in the seat to preclude sizing down. I'm tempted now that Epaulet offers size 31 Walts, but in the end I'll probably stick with what I know works.
post #3584 of 4331

I've tried on the HY's Italy/USA and the Walt's. I've stated previously that I prefer the HY made in Italy over the USA as I prefer the slimmer fit. I also prefer them to the Walt's. I've never compared the measurements of the two (hope they are not exactly the same but they should be fairly close) but I just recall preferring the overall silhouette of the HY's to the Walt's the one time I tried a pair on. I felt they were "dressier" than the Walts. That being said they both make great pants and offer good value.

post #3585 of 4331
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Howard Yount: Affiliate thread