or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Howard Yount: Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Howard Yount: Affiliate thread - Page 230

post #3436 of 4495
Wondering what the difference between the open weave tropical and regular tropical trousers is?
post #3437 of 4495
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimitable View Post

Wondering what the difference between the open weave tropical and regular tropical trousers is?

Not having seen the open weave in person, I would speculate that they would have a coarser appearance (if not hand). The regular tropical wool pants feel like ordinary wool pants, only much thinner. I can't say which would wear cooler, but would offer that the regular tropical wool pants served me well on a Caribbean vacation. From what I've read, the open weave may yet trump them in this regard.
post #3438 of 4495
I was just wondering if any one here has been in contact with Jamison, he used to chime in every so often to answer questions and give us updates and sneak peaks of upcoming items and he hasn't done any of that in a really long time. It's also already may and we haven't heard anything about jackets/suits?
post #3439 of 4495
I'm also puzzled about what the plan is for the rest of the summer stuff. Are there more pants coming? Any details given yet on what kind of jackets/suits are coming?
post #3440 of 4495
Quote:
Originally Posted by justdoit View Post

I was just wondering if any one here has been in contact with Jamison, he used to chime in every so often to answer questions and give us updates and sneak peaks of upcoming items and he hasn't done any of that in a really long time. It's also already may and we haven't heard anything about jackets/suits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david123 View Post

I'm also puzzled about what the plan is for the rest of the summer stuff. Are there more pants coming? Any details given yet on what kind of jackets/suits are coming?

he's busy. buy elsewhere if you can't wait...
post #3441 of 4495
I always appreciate such words of wisdom, thank for pointing that out.
post #3442 of 4495
Hopefully something this month.
post #3443 of 4495
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

he's busy. buy elsewhere if you can't wait...

post #3444 of 4495
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post


he's busy. buy elsewhere if you can't wait...

I've bought 1 item from HY and had a smooth transaction - no complaints here.

However, why do peoply blindly defend all the less-than-desireable outcomes that are presented here? You wouldn't accept lesser service levels at other businesses so why tolerate it from HY? The sad part is that a little communication from Jamison would go a long way, maybe even settle many of the problems - it's just plain old courteous.
post #3445 of 4495
Order placed last week on Thursday for some items and I also sent him a note. I got a tracking number 5/3, indicating delivery today. He also responded to my note on 5/4.

So, I know he's around and is a one man shop with another job and a family, so cutting out the forum is probably a good place to find some time for the other things in life.
post #3446 of 4495
Does anyone know if it is possible to special order HY sport coats in a Long fitting?

29" BOC is just way too short
post #3447 of 4495
Don't believe so.

His jackets are definitely skewed towards small people. Great for me, bad for others smile.gif
post #3448 of 4495
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

Don't believe so.

His jackets are definitely skewed towards small people. Great for me, bad for others smile.gif

Depends, his linens from last season fit me like a glove and I am about 6 foot and have a muscular frame. Not big, not def not small. Actually, thinking about using the coat as a base for a Panta jacket. Maybe I just lucked out.

 

As I understood it, his spring/summer shipment was set to hit last week. I'm sure, as others have stated, he is busy. 

post #3449 of 4495

Is there enough room in the waistband to let it out a little in the pants? Linen specifically. I wear a 34 around and the 32 is a 33.5. 

post #3450 of 4495
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

Is there enough room in the waistband to let it out a little in the pants? Linen specifically. I wear a 34 around and the 32 is a 33.5. 

Yes - ~1.5 inches to let out
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Howard Yount: Affiliate thread