The fit may be similar, but the fact that they're made by same company doesn't necessarily imply that they will be...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Places for fabric in NYC Last post on 6/28/12 at 8:30am in Classic Menswear
- What's the Worst Getup You've Been Forced to Wear as a Groomsman? Last post on 8/11/11 at 8:17pm in Classic Menswear
- Do you have a 'signature-item'? Last post on 6/15/13 at 9:51am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- FS: DROPS ZILLI, BURUNI, HERMES, RLPL, Borrelli, Brioni, Zegna, FREE TIES Last post on 4/23/11 at 1:23am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Howard Yount: Affiliate thread - Page 229
Styleforum Top Picks
Right. The company that makes them makes orders for different companies with different fits. I'm sure both stores provide a pattern which the factory then matches.
The same factory would imply (though not guarantee) similar levels of workmanship, but definitely not fit.
Bumping this. Anyone in the UK or EU interested before I return them?
I'm a new customer to HY and my experience has been very positive. I've purchased 5 pairs of trousers and two jackets over the past month or two. Unfortunately the jackets were too long for me and had to be returned.
As far as the quality, design, color and fabric texture goes, I couldn't asked for anything more perfect. They certainly exceeded my expectations. If the proportions were better on me, I know they would have been two of my favorites. I was devastated as they were exactly what I've wanted, except that they were cut too long for me.
Jamison was quick to respond to my return request, and once received, I got a full refund within a day or two.
I think HY's offering is excellent and a great value. I plan to make many more purchases in the future … ties, pocket squares and especially Fall/Winter trousers! Perhaps one day they'll grow their offering to include shorter length jackets and suits. If that ever happens, I'll be buying those as well. But for now, I can only wish that I were taller … their jackets really are awesome!
I wouldn't say short as hell, but I'm 5'5" with a skinny build. The coat length wasn't as much of a concern for me, maybe only a 1/2" to 1" longer than would have been ideal. The length probably would have been okay, but the breast pocket, armholes and side pockets fell pretty low on me. So far, my best OTR jacket fit is a BB Fitzgerald 36S … I don't even have to alter the sleeves. I actually think the length between the two are pretty similar, but the overall cut differences made me look like I was wearing a jacket meant for a taller man.
Which HY jackets do you have? The ones I ordered both had patch pockets and I'm wondering if the HY flap pocket jackets might look better on me.
Got the blue tropical wool (Italy) and light grey tropical wool (USA) - and am blown away by how gorgeous the fabric is on these. Light as a feather, lots of depth, and superb construction & fit. Definitely coming back for more. Wow.
- Howard Yount: Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › PROXY SERVICE for Suitsupply (or other companies) from Europe to... 1 minute ago
- › Business suits and that "last button"? 2 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 11 minutes ago
- › Suede loafer recomendations 12 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 14 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 20 minutes ago
- › WTB: Our Legacy MA-1 Bomber Jacket II/APC Bomber 41 minutes ago
- › P Johnson Tailors - San Francisco and Los Angeles Visit - May 42 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...