Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Places for fabric in NYC Last post on 6/28/12 at 8:30am in Classic Menswear
- What's the Worst Getup You've Been Forced to Wear as a Groomsman? Last post on 8/11/11 at 8:17pm in Classic Menswear
- Do you have a 'signature-item'? Last post on 6/15/13 at 9:51am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- FS: DROPS ZILLI, BURUNI, HERMES, RLPL, Borrelli, Brioni, Zegna, FREE TIES Last post on 4/23/11 at 1:23am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Howard Yount: Affiliate thread - Page 225
Styleforum Top Picks
Received my first HY order consisting of trousers in tropical wool (US) and four season wool (Italian), both in size 36, and love the quality. I'm 6' tall, weigh 178 pounds, have an average build, and normally wear a 35 waist. Based on advice previously posted in this thread, I ordered both trousers in a 36 and while they fit great in the waist (probably need to be taken in slightly), the Italian is too narrow and the rise too short. The US fits great everywhere, including the rise, although they reveal a very clear outline of my "member". My wife assured me that this is strictly due to the fit of the pants and has nothing to do with any abundance of girth (she claims I'm hung like a field mouse), and furthermore she says she won't let me wear them out of the house. Again, they fit great everywhere else, so I'm wondering a) if anyone has had this problem and 2) if its reasonable to think the drape/fit would change enough after hemming to perhaps make this issue less noticeable. I realize, of course, that hte latter question requires speculation. Finally, what is the general consensus with regard to cuffing these flat front trousers as well as the appropriate cuff width? Thanks in advance.
Do the pockets lay flat on the sides, or do they flare open a bit? (pics not required, please!). I cuff everything other than corduroy. Even then, I'm tempted.
IMHO 10" is roughly as low as you can reasonably go on the average guy's frame.
You have your pants pulled up to your belly button like Steve Urkel. The pants within the photos below are to low of a rise. Younts are fine, a 10' rise is not low by modern standards. Of course if you're going by what was the norm in 1930, well...
That first example isn't me. I got it from a Put This On article on proper pants fit. Anyway, that's the legendary "F. Corbera" aka "Voxsartoria" (I think) in the first set of pics. To be fair, I don't quite wear my trousers that high on the waist, and it's really only realistic that they'd stay there because of the braces, which I do not wear. (Though I wouldn't mind one day having a suit made to wear with braces.) Regardless, those trousers look amazing, with just enough fullness to allow perfect drape and clean lines. It's a classic yet timeless look, which most around here prefer. If you take issue with the fit of Vox's clothes, you'll find yourself in a very small minority.
The pleated trouser pix are from Voxsartoria, and show a rise that allows the pants to rest on the hips and cover the widest part of the body. Only the fishtail back is a retro touch.
The current low rise is a fashion that arrived 7 or 10 years ago and is now passing away, as many runway shows display experiments with fuller legs, pleats, and yes, higher rises.
HY reflects the current fashion, in moderation.
Edited by mack11211 - 4/9/13 at 9:54pm
I've been looking at those as well. I recently purchased the light gray and the blue nailhead. I haven't see the tan or sand brown IRL, but I think they're both pretty versatile colors. I'd lean toward the tan nailhead, since it's feels more spring/summer, but the sand brown tropical may also work great as a fall trouser if you're in a hot climate. They're both good choices. If you can, order both and return one.
Okay, Jamison is officially dodging my emails. I requested an exchange — which Jamison permitted — on a pair of flannels eight weeks ago and haven't received them. I never received proper shipping confirmation, only a vague reply on 21 February from Jamison after I requested tracking which read, "They went out last week. Let me see if I can track down tracking." This is the last I've heard from him. So without tracking I'm unable to locate the parcel to find out just what is going on — if the exchange was even sent, that is — and Jamison refuses to respond despite my sending him countless emails over the past eight weeks. The flannels I can do without, but the £130 is another story.
- Howard Yount: Affiliate thread
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 44 seconds ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › NIKE Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 4 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 17 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)