Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Places for fabric in NYC Last post on 6/28/12 at 8:30am in Classic Menswear
- What's the Worst Getup You've Been Forced to Wear as a Groomsman? Last post on 8/11/11 at 8:17pm in Classic Menswear
- Do you have a 'signature-item'? Last post on 6/15/13 at 9:51am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- FS: DROPS ZILLI, BURUNI, HERMES, RLPL, Borrelli, Brioni, Zegna, FREE TIES Last post on 4/23/11 at 1:23am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Howard Yount: Affiliate thread - Page 224
Styleforum Top Picks
Entertaining read! I think the consensus is cuff em', if you like cuffs. Jamison's advice to me was that the lightweight wools drape better when cuffed. 1-3/4" is the width most suggested, maybe going up to 2" if over 6' tall.
In regards to the fit, I'd suggest taking them to an alterations tailor to evaluate the fit. If the alterations seem to major, I'd hold off on altering and try another size based on what you learn from your tailor.
+1 on the 1.75 inch cuffs. It's what I prefer for pleated and flat front pants. And yes, entertaining read, Berob.
You don't need cuffs to get a good drap on wool pants. My tailor folds a couple layers of fabric on the inside of the pants which adds drap without the cuff.
I've bought a pair of trousers from HY before and, much in tune with the general opinion here, Jamison was nothing but an enormous help when I needed to exchange for another size.
With that said, this is only my third season or so that I've been aware of HY, so I am not familiar with its stocking habits.
Is it fair to say that the trousers I see out-of-stock in my size at this moment (particularly microdot grey wool) will not be replenished anytime soon---if ever? Should I hold out some hope on these, or find another pair?
Also, how do I get on this email list (regarding spring release) I've seen a few of you mention?
Can anyone tell me how the Sid Mashburn trousers compare to Howard Yount's USA trousers in terms of fit? They're both made by Hertling, are they? Possibly the same cut, or not? I emailed Mashburn for measurements, and the only difference I see — presuming they're accurate — is the rise; about 1" shorter, which is disappointing.
Off-topic, perhaps, but what's with the low-rise epidemic? Does it bug anyone else? Slim-fit as well. Are there better places I could be looking for fuller-cut unfinished RTW trousers, or am I best sizing up?
Yep, bugs me, too. I had to return my recently purchased HY trousers because the rise was too low and the overall fit too slim. They were the made-in-Italy variety though, which as has been mentioned many times is more slim than the USA trousers. I'd still like to try the USA pants whenever the ones I want are restocked.
- Howard Yount: Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit... 7 minutes ago
- › BRAND NEW MISTER FREEDOM APACHE INDIGO VEST GILET DE VILLE METISS 97 11 minutes ago
- › Suit alternative? 12 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 14 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...