Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Places for fabric in NYC Last post on 6/28/12 at 8:30am in Classic Menswear
- What's the Worst Getup You've Been Forced to Wear as a Groomsman? Last post on 8/11/11 at 8:17pm in Classic Menswear
- Do you have a 'signature-item'? Last post on 6/15/13 at 9:51am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- FS: DROPS ZILLI, BURUNI, HERMES, RLPL, Borrelli, Brioni, Zegna, FREE TIES Last post on 4/23/11 at 1:23am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Howard Yount: Affiliate thread - Page 224
Styleforum Top Picks
Entertaining read! I think the consensus is cuff em', if you like cuffs. Jamison's advice to me was that the lightweight wools drape better when cuffed. 1-3/4" is the width most suggested, maybe going up to 2" if over 6' tall.
In regards to the fit, I'd suggest taking them to an alterations tailor to evaluate the fit. If the alterations seem to major, I'd hold off on altering and try another size based on what you learn from your tailor.
+1 on the 1.75 inch cuffs. It's what I prefer for pleated and flat front pants. And yes, entertaining read, Berob.
You don't need cuffs to get a good drap on wool pants. My tailor folds a couple layers of fabric on the inside of the pants which adds drap without the cuff.
I've bought a pair of trousers from HY before and, much in tune with the general opinion here, Jamison was nothing but an enormous help when I needed to exchange for another size.
With that said, this is only my third season or so that I've been aware of HY, so I am not familiar with its stocking habits.
Is it fair to say that the trousers I see out-of-stock in my size at this moment (particularly microdot grey wool) will not be replenished anytime soon---if ever? Should I hold out some hope on these, or find another pair?
Also, how do I get on this email list (regarding spring release) I've seen a few of you mention?
Can anyone tell me how the Sid Mashburn trousers compare to Howard Yount's USA trousers in terms of fit? They're both made by Hertling, are they? Possibly the same cut, or not? I emailed Mashburn for measurements, and the only difference I see — presuming they're accurate — is the rise; about 1" shorter, which is disappointing.
Off-topic, perhaps, but what's with the low-rise epidemic? Does it bug anyone else? Slim-fit as well. Are there better places I could be looking for fuller-cut unfinished RTW trousers, or am I best sizing up?
Yep, bugs me, too. I had to return my recently purchased HY trousers because the rise was too low and the overall fit too slim. They were the made-in-Italy variety though, which as has been mentioned many times is more slim than the USA trousers. I'd still like to try the USA pants whenever the ones I want are restocked.
- Howard Yount: Affiliate thread
- › The Official Carmina Sizing Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Confused with forest last 5 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 9 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 17 minutes ago
- › Vincero - Watches & Fine Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 20 minutes ago
- › Kitchen Fitters Leeds 23 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 24 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 24 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...