Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Places for fabric in NYC Last post on 6/28/12 at 8:30am in Classic Menswear
- What's the Worst Getup You've Been Forced to Wear as a Groomsman? Last post on 8/11/11 at 8:17pm in Classic Menswear
- Do you have a 'signature-item'? Last post on 6/15/13 at 9:51am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- FS: DROPS ZILLI, BURUNI, HERMES, RLPL, Borrelli, Brioni, Zegna, FREE TIES Last post on 4/23/11 at 1:23am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Howard Yount: Affiliate thread - Page 224
Styleforum Top Picks
Entertaining read! I think the consensus is cuff em', if you like cuffs. Jamison's advice to me was that the lightweight wools drape better when cuffed. 1-3/4" is the width most suggested, maybe going up to 2" if over 6' tall.
In regards to the fit, I'd suggest taking them to an alterations tailor to evaluate the fit. If the alterations seem to major, I'd hold off on altering and try another size based on what you learn from your tailor.
+1 on the 1.75 inch cuffs. It's what I prefer for pleated and flat front pants. And yes, entertaining read, Berob.
You don't need cuffs to get a good drap on wool pants. My tailor folds a couple layers of fabric on the inside of the pants which adds drap without the cuff.
I've bought a pair of trousers from HY before and, much in tune with the general opinion here, Jamison was nothing but an enormous help when I needed to exchange for another size.
With that said, this is only my third season or so that I've been aware of HY, so I am not familiar with its stocking habits.
Is it fair to say that the trousers I see out-of-stock in my size at this moment (particularly microdot grey wool) will not be replenished anytime soon---if ever? Should I hold out some hope on these, or find another pair?
Also, how do I get on this email list (regarding spring release) I've seen a few of you mention?
Can anyone tell me how the Sid Mashburn trousers compare to Howard Yount's USA trousers in terms of fit? They're both made by Hertling, are they? Possibly the same cut, or not? I emailed Mashburn for measurements, and the only difference I see — presuming they're accurate — is the rise; about 1" shorter, which is disappointing.
Off-topic, perhaps, but what's with the low-rise epidemic? Does it bug anyone else? Slim-fit as well. Are there better places I could be looking for fuller-cut unfinished RTW trousers, or am I best sizing up?
Yep, bugs me, too. I had to return my recently purchased HY trousers because the rise was too low and the overall fit too slim. They were the made-in-Italy variety though, which as has been mentioned many times is more slim than the USA trousers. I'd still like to try the USA pants whenever the ones I want are restocked.
- Howard Yount: Affiliate thread
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 12 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Bourbon. 15 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 18 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 18 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 19 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 20 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 20 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)