Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Places for fabric in NYC Last post on 6/28/12 at 8:30am in Classic Menswear
- What's the Worst Getup You've Been Forced to Wear as a Groomsman? Last post on 8/11/11 at 8:17pm in Classic Menswear
- Do you have a 'signature-item'? Last post on 6/15/13 at 9:51am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- FS: DROPS ZILLI, BURUNI, HERMES, RLPL, Borrelli, Brioni, Zegna, FREE TIES Last post on 4/23/11 at 1:23am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Howard Yount: Affiliate thread - Page 218
Styleforum Top Picks
I wear cotton all the time in the summer and have always been under the impression (perhaps wrongly) that cotton cloths are heavier in weight than similarly warm wool cloths. But maybe I just enjoy suffering.
The thigh and the waist are where I find the difference most noticeable, and the rise and leg opening are negligibly different IMHO. I had to take in the waist quite a bit, whereas the Italian pants only needed a minor tweak there. I'll probably bring in the thigh on the USA ones eventually, as they feel too roomy vs the Italian or Epaulet Walts.
Beautiful boots. A steal at $199.
I've PM'd Jamison for details on fabrics but I'm guessing he's a bit busy, so can someone help me out? I'm looking for wool pants that are year-round material. I work in the valley of Los Angeles and in the winter it goes down to 40 at the lowest and in the summertime it is routinely 95-105. I sweat quite a bit if I'm wearing wool pants in that kind of summer heat. I'm pretty new to this stuff so I don't know what all the fabrics are like. Is my list below correct? (I didn't include fabrics that included the weather conditions in the description.)
Donegal Tweed - thick wool for cold weather
Lambswool Flannel - cold weather
Twill - cold weather
Classic Flannel - cold weather?
Nailhead Wool - ??
Tropical Wool - hot climates
- Howard Yount: Affiliate thread
- › NWT Hiltl Dayne Smartcel Clima Pants - Twill Light Brown 32" x 38"... 18 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 34 seconds ago
- › SNS Herning- fits? 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › My boss is an anti semite 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan