Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Places for fabric in NYC Last post on 6/28/12 at 8:30am in Classic Menswear
- What's the Worst Getup You've Been Forced to Wear as a Groomsman? Last post on 8/11/11 at 8:17pm in Classic Menswear
- Do you have a 'signature-item'? Last post on 6/15/13 at 9:51am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- FS: DROPS ZILLI, BURUNI, HERMES, RLPL, Borrelli, Brioni, Zegna, FREE TIES Last post on 4/23/11 at 1:23am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Howard Yount: Affiliate thread - Page 218
Styleforum Top Picks
I wear cotton all the time in the summer and have always been under the impression (perhaps wrongly) that cotton cloths are heavier in weight than similarly warm wool cloths. But maybe I just enjoy suffering.
The thigh and the waist are where I find the difference most noticeable, and the rise and leg opening are negligibly different IMHO. I had to take in the waist quite a bit, whereas the Italian pants only needed a minor tweak there. I'll probably bring in the thigh on the USA ones eventually, as they feel too roomy vs the Italian or Epaulet Walts.
Beautiful boots. A steal at $199.
I've PM'd Jamison for details on fabrics but I'm guessing he's a bit busy, so can someone help me out? I'm looking for wool pants that are year-round material. I work in the valley of Los Angeles and in the winter it goes down to 40 at the lowest and in the summertime it is routinely 95-105. I sweat quite a bit if I'm wearing wool pants in that kind of summer heat. I'm pretty new to this stuff so I don't know what all the fabrics are like. Is my list below correct? (I didn't include fabrics that included the weather conditions in the description.)
Donegal Tweed - thick wool for cold weather
Lambswool Flannel - cold weather
Twill - cold weather
Classic Flannel - cold weather?
Nailhead Wool - ??
Tropical Wool - hot climates
- Howard Yount: Affiliate thread
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread just now
- › The Official Wine Thread 10 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › FREE TV=Chicago vs Seattle live 3 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 22nd AUGUST: THE 'NO BLUES' CHALLENGE 3 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Acne Gibson Jacket Size 54 5 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 6 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)