Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Places for fabric in NYC Last post on 6/28/12 at 8:30am in Classic Menswear
- What's the Worst Getup You've Been Forced to Wear as a Groomsman? Last post on 8/11/11 at 8:17pm in Classic Menswear
- Do you have a 'signature-item'? Last post on 6/15/13 at 9:51am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- FS: DROPS ZILLI, BURUNI, HERMES, RLPL, Borrelli, Brioni, Zegna, FREE TIES Last post on 4/23/11 at 1:23am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Howard Yount: Affiliate thread - Page 218
Styleforum Top Picks
I wear cotton all the time in the summer and have always been under the impression (perhaps wrongly) that cotton cloths are heavier in weight than similarly warm wool cloths. But maybe I just enjoy suffering.
The thigh and the waist are where I find the difference most noticeable, and the rise and leg opening are negligibly different IMHO. I had to take in the waist quite a bit, whereas the Italian pants only needed a minor tweak there. I'll probably bring in the thigh on the USA ones eventually, as they feel too roomy vs the Italian or Epaulet Walts.
Beautiful boots. A steal at $199.
I've PM'd Jamison for details on fabrics but I'm guessing he's a bit busy, so can someone help me out? I'm looking for wool pants that are year-round material. I work in the valley of Los Angeles and in the winter it goes down to 40 at the lowest and in the summertime it is routinely 95-105. I sweat quite a bit if I'm wearing wool pants in that kind of summer heat. I'm pretty new to this stuff so I don't know what all the fabrics are like. Is my list below correct? (I didn't include fabrics that included the weather conditions in the description.)
Donegal Tweed - thick wool for cold weather
Lambswool Flannel - cold weather
Twill - cold weather
Classic Flannel - cold weather?
Nailhead Wool - ??
Tropical Wool - hot climates
- Howard Yount: Affiliate thread
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 9 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 11 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 22 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 26 minutes ago
- › In prescript to understand what anti-aging strip 28 minutes ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 33 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 34 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...