or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Howard Yount: Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Howard Yount: Affiliate thread - Page 213

post #3181 of 4756
flap pocket is definitely no bueno
post #3182 of 4756
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

Just picked up the gray linen pants for $79 and tossed on some OTC socks to get to $100 for free shipping. 

awesome.
post #3183 of 4756
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerMatt View Post

Jamison sorted me out very well given the circumstances. Could not have asked for a more professionally handled resolution.

Was there any explanation for the holdup? It's been one month since I placed my order, and I've heard nothing.

post #3184 of 4756

Those grey chukka boots are calling my name... $149 is a crazy price. I'm afraid of the sizing though, never tried any of these lasts. Honestly, the final sale aspect of some of these items kills me. I would be pulling the trigger on a very large order if I could return whatever did not fit.

post #3185 of 4756

Do the guys that run Howardyount ever respond to emails?

post #3186 of 4756
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnnamedPlayer View Post

Do the guys that run Howardyount ever respond to emails?


It's basically a one man operation, so sometimes it seems to take a while. Though it may take a long time, Jamison always takes care of his customers.

post #3187 of 4756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmeliamb View Post

Those grey chukka boots are calling my name... $149 is a crazy price. I'm afraid of the sizing though, never tried any of these lasts. Honestly, the final sale aspect of some of these items kills me. I would be pulling the trigger on a very large order if I could return whatever did not fit.

Yeah, final sale is a bummer, but you can always pay full price for the returnable stuff. I pulled the trigger on this:

http://www.howardyount.com/collections/jackets/products/wool-windowpane-jacket-green

I'm not worried too much about not being able to return if it doesn't fit. I've ordered 4 HY items thus far and found them all to be great values at full price. $199 for a half-canvas coat made of Zegna fabric? That's just ridiculous.

I'm also giving those grey chukkas some serious consideration. The white sole is causing me to hesitate. I'm just not sure what I would wear them with. I mean, the white sole makes them spring/summer shoes, right? Do people wear suede chukkas in the summer?
post #3188 of 4756
Quote:
Originally Posted by reidrothchild View Post

Do people wear suede chukkas in the summer?

I do fairly regularly, but the white soles aren't for me.
post #3189 of 4756
Yeah, as much as I like the shape, I just don't see myself wearing them on account on the soles. On another note, I just received a shipping confirmation on the order I made Sunday night. I was expecting it to take longer on account of some the comments on this thread, but all three of my orders so far have been shipped within 1 or 2 business days of ordering. More stellar customer service from Jamison!icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #3190 of 4756
Quote:
Originally Posted by reidrothchild View Post

Yeah, as much as I like the shape, I just don't see myself wearing them on account on the soles. On another note, I just received a shipping confirmation on the order I made Sunday night. I was expecting it to take longer on account of some the comments on this thread, but all three of my orders so far have been shipped within 1 or 2 business days of ordering. More stellar customer service from Jamison!icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

Same here. Ordered Sunday night, shipping notice yesterday. 

post #3191 of 4756
Quote:
Originally Posted by reidrothchild View Post


Yeah, final sale is a bummer, but you can always pay full price for the returnable stuff. I pulled the trigger on this:

http://www.howardyount.com/collections/jackets/products/wool-windowpane-jacket-green

I'm not worried too much about not being able to return if it doesn't fit. I've ordered 4 HY items thus far and found them all to be great values at full price. $199 for a half-canvas coat made of Zegna fabric? That's just ridiculous.

I'm also giving those grey chukkas some serious consideration. The white sole is causing me to hesitate. I'm just not sure what I would wear them with. I mean, the white sole makes them spring/summer shoes, right? Do people wear suede chukkas in the summer?

 

I think you got the last one. The link is gone.

 

I pulled the trigger on a $199 jacket (Blue on blue windowpaie in linen), 2 scarves, a tie ($25), a shirt ($49) and some socks. Even though I haven't gotten a response to some of my questions, I couldn't hold out.

 

I'm not sure if I want the Chukka's because of the price or because I really like them. I'm sure I would be able to wear them with chino's and jeans on cool summer nights. I think I like the white soles. I really like the Brandy suede captoes as well, those would fill a hole in my lineup.

post #3192 of 4756
Yeah, there was only one left, and it happened to be my size. It's this one, which someone posted a shot of earlier in the thread: 365[/quote]

Nice haul. I would have been all over the jacket you got if it had been my size.
post #3193 of 4756

Can someone provide clarity on the sizing measurements for their pants.

 

I'm looking at this pair:

http://www.howardyount.com/collections/wool-pants/products/nailhead-wool-pants-brown-1

 

And I am seriously confused by the knee measurement on the page.

For the US40 pants, the knee size is 10.75", however I measured my knee and came up with 17".

 

Is the HowardYount measurement half the fabric width (i.e. diameter, not circumference),

all the other measurement seem to be fine, it's just this one that has thrown me.

 

If someone has a pair of their pants and could confirm what the website has as the measurement and what they are in real

life it should help me work out if I can get these or not.

 

thanks.

post #3194 of 4756
Yep the knee is a half measurement, same as the ankle's are. My HY are a 34 and I don't have them on to check, but your total circumfrence on those 40's at the knee will be 21.5".
post #3195 of 4756
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnnamedPlayer View Post

Can someone provide clarity on the sizing measurements for their pants.

I'm looking at this pair:
http://www.howardyount.com/collections/wool-pants/products/nailhead-wool-pants-brown-1

And I am seriously confused by the knee measurement on the page.
For the US40 pants, the knee size is 10.75", however I measured my knee and came up with 17".

Is the HowardYount measurement half the fabric width (i.e. diameter, not circumference),
all the other measurement seem to be fine, it's just this one that has thrown me.

If someone has a pair of their pants and could confirm what the website has as the measurement and what they are in real
life it should help me work out if I can get these or not.

thanks.


Yes, as CW said, the measurement is for the width across the trouser at the knee.

So, if you have an existing pair of trousers that you like, lay them flat and measure them from crease to crease (or seam to seam) at the knee and you should have a comparison point.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Howard Yount: Affiliate thread