or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Howard Yount: Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Howard Yount: Affiliate thread - Page 189

post #2821 of 4314
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123 View Post

Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving. We've been deluged with holiday orders but are somehow fully caught up. For anyone looking for delivery by Christmas, I would recommend ordering by the 20th. The last day of shipping will be the 22nd, but orders would need to be in by 11 a.m. EST. Our shipping office will be closing then and not reopening until the new year.

Good problem to have!
post #2822 of 4314
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123 View Post

Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving. We've been deluged with holiday orders but are somehow fully caught up. For anyone looking for delivery by Christmas, I would recommend ordering by the 20th. The last day of shipping will be the 22nd, but orders would need to be in by 11 a.m. EST. Our shipping office will be closing then and not reopening until the new year.

You are a good boss. I do, though, question this call. I hope you don't miss out on too many orders, as you run a good business.
post #2823 of 4314
question to owners (or to Jamison) of the Cashmere Herringbone overcoat....although the light gray Cashmere looks great as well..I normally wear 40S on Sports Jacket...seems like sz 40 will be a good fit based on available measurements or should I size to 38...I am interested on any fit comments/feedback...Thanks in advance...
post #2824 of 4314
Has anyone purchased the brushed twill Italian trousers? I just ordered a pair of the medium gray VBC 100 flannels and was wondering how the brushed twill would compare (particularly looking at the light gray and the blue).
post #2825 of 4314

I think I know the answer to this question already, but thought I'd ask for my peace of mind. I wear a 32" inseam with a 2" cuff. If the Italian pants truly have only a 36" inseam, that doesn't provide enough fabric, does it?

 

Anyone else encountered this problem? Just seems that 36" is a bit short.

post #2826 of 4314
Quote:
Originally Posted by PtrckHmphrys View Post

I think I know the answer to this question already, but thought I'd ask for my peace of mind. I wear a 32" inseam with a 2" cuff. If the Italian pants truly have only a 36" inseam, that doesn't provide enough fabric, does it?

Anyone else encountered this problem? Just seems that 36" is a bit short.

There is more than enough fabric for someone with a ~32" inseam, like me. I don't know why there wouldn't be when 32" + 2" cuff still gives you two inches left...
post #2827 of 4314
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post


There is more than enough fabric for someone with a ~32" inseam, like me. I don't know why there wouldn't be when 32" + 2" cuff still gives you two inches left...

 

Just to clarify, by 2" cuffs I mean this:

 

 

And the reason I ask is that 2" cuffs require not 2" of fabric but 4", as they're folded over, plus at least ¼" extra at the hem.


Edited by PtrckHmphrys - 11/28/12 at 11:12pm
post #2828 of 4314
Quote:
Originally Posted by PtrckHmphrys View Post

Just to clarify, by 2" cuffs I mean this:



And the reason I ask is that 2" cuffs require not 2" of fabric but 4", as they're folded over, plus at least ¼" extra at the hem.

I think you got the math correct there - 32 inseam, 2 inches and 2 inches for the cuff, and then you still need a seam allowance. You might have to reduce the cuffs to 1.75 to make it work.
post #2829 of 4314
I was in NY with my wife this past week and imposed upon Jamison to swing by and try on some stuff on. I ended up picking up the light grey lambswool v-neck sweater, the camel moleskin trousers, and the navy flat weave knit tie. All items are awesome, particularly the moleskins. The HY shoes are very nice in person too; unfortunately for me, no sizes past 11. I was probably there for at least an hour, and Jamison couldn't have been more accommodating despite the fact that he is clearly insanely busy (he was processing orders basically the entire time I was there--a very impressive display of multi-tasking). Next HY purchase will probably be one of the F/W suits.

Thanks so much for the hospitality, Jamison!

P.S.
Please start carrying your shoes in larger sizes.
post #2830 of 4314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanks SF (a new me) View Post

question to owners (or to Jamison) of the Cashmere Herringbone overcoat....although the light gray Cashmere looks great as well..I normally wear 40S on Sports Jacket...seems like sz 40 will be a good fit based on available measurements or should I size to 38...I am interested on any fit comments/feedback...Thanks in advance...

I wear 42R, and got the gray overcoat in 42. If I had sized down, it wouldn't fit over suits, sweaters, etc. If you plan on wearing the coat over anything (good chance you will), go for it in your size. Also, 38 appears to be sold out, so your decision just got easier.
post #2831 of 4314
Hey everyone. I'm looking to make my first HY pant purchase and wanted to ask a quick fit question. I wear a size 31 in J Crew's Urban Slim Chino and am wondering what size I should order in HY. I'm guessing I should order a 30, as comparing the size guide between HY and epaulet shoes the HY 30 = ep 31 from the looks of it. Any advice welcome.
post #2832 of 4314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badandy View Post

Hey everyone. I'm looking to make my first HY pant purchase and wanted to ask a quick fit question. I wear a size 31 in J Crew's Urban Slim Chino and am wondering what size I should order in HY. I'm guessing I should order a 30, as comparing the size guide between HY and epaulet shoes the HY 30 = ep 31 from the looks of it. Any advice welcome.

Don't go by tagged sizes across different makers. With sanforizing, vanity sizing, stretch, etc. it all comes down to your actual measurements and the specifics of the article of clothing. Measure your true waist and use the HY sizing charts to guide you rather than a J.Crew casual chino.

post #2833 of 4314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badandy View Post

Hey everyone. I'm looking to make my first HY pant purchase and wanted to ask a quick fit question. I wear a size 31 in J Crew's Urban Slim Chino and am wondering what size I should order in HY. I'm guessing I should order a 30, as comparing the size guide between HY and epaulet shoes the HY 30 = ep 31 from the looks of it. Any advice welcome.

JCrew is vanity sized....I'm a 30-31 in their chinos, and I find the size 32 HY trousers only slightly roomy at the waist. I do believe that I've dropped a few pounds since I've worn those chinos though, so YMMV. Also, despite having some room in the waist, the seat is perfect. I don't have much of a behind, but I think that sizing down and letting out the waist would have been problematic. Long story short, I would suggest size 32.
post #2834 of 4314
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdangio View Post

I wear 42R, and got the gray overcoat in 42. If I had sized down, it wouldn't fit over suits, sweaters, etc. If you plan on wearing the coat over anything (good chance you will), go for it in your size. Also, 38 appears to be sold out, so your decision just got easier.
Thanks for your input. Now I have to decide between the Cashmere gray and Herringbone. Leaning towards the later since I seldom wear suiting for work, mostly SC and for other casual pairings
post #2835 of 4314

I have been wearing my 3 new pairs of VBC 120s for about a month now and I am completely blown away by the; look, quality, and comfort.  I was at first concerned buying the light wool because of the approaching winter, however I have found that they are more than suitable for cold weather and I will also be able to wear these in the summer.  Also, I would like to thank all of the contributors to this thread, because I never would have found these otherwise.  I have highly recommended these to all of my friends and intend to buy several more pairs and even a few for my dad this Christmas! 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Howard Yount: Affiliate thread