Nice, which ones are those exactly?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Places for fabric in NYC Last post on 6/28/12 at 8:30am in Classic Menswear
- What's the Worst Getup You've Been Forced to Wear as a Groomsman? Last post on 8/11/11 at 8:17pm in Classic Menswear
- Do you have a 'signature-item'? Last post on 6/15/13 at 9:51am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge: Most Exciting Shoes - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 4/12/11 at 11:08am in Classic Menswear
- FS: DROPS ZILLI, BURUNI, HERMES, RLPL, Borrelli, Brioni, Zegna, FREE TIES Last post on 4/23/11 at 1:23am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Howard Yount: Affiliate thread - Page 178
Styleforum Top Picks
Got my first HY tie. Another one is already in the post. The tie is of course fantastic, but what stands out to me, oddly enough, is the shipping. A huge box for a single tie, clearly intended to keep the tie in pristine condition. Since I live in Asia, I have to have a lot of things shipped to me from the States and Europe, and I've yet to receive something packed with so much forethought and intelligence.
I just ordered my first item from Howard Yount -- a pair of the purple flannel trousers. I only recently discovered the brand through a recent post on Put This On. I'm excited to check them out and will post again once I've received them. I live in San Francisco, where we don't get a true winter, but it certainly gets quite chilly. Any other Bay Area folks have any experience with HY's flannel? I'm hoping these are at least "four-month" pants.
Hey, for those of you who have a HY lambswool sweater, do you find the shoulders to be very narrow?
The shoulder seams seem to angle inward from the armpit (towards the neck) when looking at it from the front lying flat - I'm so used to seeing a slight angle outward from the armpit.
Edited by nathanl - 10/24/12 at 3:35pm
The waist on the Size 30 is actually 31.5", and they can be opened up at least another 1.25 - I've done this for the purple one I kept (actually quite proud I did it on my own). It's also the American-made one, that has a higher rise and is "more forgiving in the thighs" as per the description. I don't know if knowing that helps you make a decision either way, just thought I'd let you know.
However, as others have said, he doesn't use discount codes and doesn't have "big" sales where things are discounted by 50%, as his prices are quite reasonable in the first place, particularly considering that a lot of the stock is made in small quantities in the US or in Italy.
- Howard Yount: Affiliate thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 4 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 6 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Where can I find small-sized dress socks? 8 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Gitman Brothers Vintage 11 minutes ago
- › Alden x LeatherSoul Cigar Jumper Boots in 9.5D (TruBalance Last) 11 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)