or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Howard Yount: Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Howard Yount: Affiliate thread - Page 172

post #2566 of 4756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post

some HY flannel trou in the wild. Really pleased with the fit. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IMG_0380.jpg
IMG_0383.jpg
IMG_0386.jpg

Anyone ever tell ya you look sort of like the actor Tom Hardy?
post #2567 of 4756
i hadn't heard that before, but I can see it somewhat.
post #2568 of 4756

I have a couple questions in regards to the HY Wool Pants, if someone wouldn't mind answering these for me as I can't seem to find them anywhere else I would really appreciate it.

 

*How heavy are the classic flannel pants as compared to the 100's and 120's?  I live in the midwest and would like to wear these most of the year.  I am not too concerned about actually staying warm because I will not be outside much, but I don't want anything super light weight.

 

*I am looking for Navy and Light Gray flannel, and am hoping to get somewhere between the lighter flannel and the heavier flannel.  I don't have any experience with HY, so any suggestions on what is a nice compromise between the various options, and what a good starting point might be, would be great!

 

*Edit* The 4 seasons is not available in my size or color, so I am looking at 100's, 120's, classic, and anything that is currently available.


Edited by mavrick465 - 10/10/12 at 2:54pm
post #2569 of 4756
So I will be taking my Howard Yount trousers tomorrow for alterations. I will have to hem them of course and was wondering is there any shrinkage I should take into account from dry cleaning them in the future?

I will probably have them cuffed too and was wondering what is a good amount? I am 6'0 and 155 lbs, slim and kind of tall if that matters.
post #2570 of 4756

Looking to buy some staple grey flannels for fall/winter here in Colorado. Can anyone help explain the difference between the lambswool flannel, the classic flannel, the VBC super 120s flannel, and the VBC super 100s winter flannel and possibly give me a recommendation?

 

Also, are other sizes in some of the mid/dark grey flannels (size 32 in particular) likely to be restocked soon?


Edited by JugglEvan - 10/10/12 at 11:46pm
post #2571 of 4756
I have to say, the herringbone cashmere overcoat looks unbelievable - I am trying really really hard to find a way to be able to afford it. Well done Jamison!
post #2572 of 4756
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrick465 View Post

I have a couple questions in regards to the HY Wool Pants, if someone wouldn't mind answering these for me as I can't seem to find them anywhere else I would really appreciate it.

*How heavy are the classic flannel pants as compared to the 100's and 120's?  I live in the midwest and would like to wear these most of the year.  I am not too concerned about actually staying warm because I will not be outside much, but I don't want anything super light weight.

*I am looking for Navy and Light Gray flannel, and am hoping to get somewhere between the lighter flannel and the heavier flannel.  I don't have any experience with HY, so any suggestions on what is a nice compromise between the various options, and what a good starting point might be, would be great!

*Edit* The 4 seasons is not available in my size or color, so I am looking at 100's, 120's, classic, and anything that is currently available.

The classic flannel (14 oz) is heavier than the VBC s120s (9.5 oz), as well as the VBC s100s Winter Flannel (12 oz). I find that the winter flannel wears warm, so while by weight it may be lighter than the classic, I think it's even better for the coldest winter. It's a very soft, luxurious fabric.

We've restocked the navy classic, so there should be good stock on that. I wear the classic flannel from fall to spring, and don't think it's overly warm. This could be a good place to start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post

So I will be taking my Howard Yount trousers tomorrow for alterations. I will have to hem them of course and was wondering is there any shrinkage I should take into account from dry cleaning them in the future?
I will probably have them cuffed too and was wondering what is a good amount? I am 6'0 and 155 lbs, slim and kind of tall if that matters.

No, it shouldn't be a problem. On the cuffs, I'd say 1.75". Some people prefer 2" and you're tall enough for it to work, but I think a bit smaller works well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglEvan View Post

Looking to buy some staple grey flannels for fall/winter here in Colorado. Can anyone help explain the difference between the lambswool flannel, the classic flannel, the VBC super 120s flannel, and the VBC super 100s winter flannel and possibly give me a recommendation?

Also, are other sizes in some of the mid/dark grey flannels (size 32 in particular) likely to be restocked soon?

I really should put more description on each item, and will going forward. Here's a good run down:

Classic flannel, 14 oz, pants made in Italy - a hardier flannel. Available in our widest variety of colors. Heavier weight but not excessively warm. Wears well. We've carried this for years and it is one of our essential fabrics.
VBC s120s flannel, 9.5 oz, pants made in Italy - a light and thinner fabric. Very soft and luxurious. I think this is best as a fall and spring weight, or for warmer climates, or for customers who run warm or who don't spend a lot of time outside. For me, in New York, this is a little light for December or January. I believe this is the third year we've used this fabric; it's great stuff, expensive cloth, and even though it's pricey, it's a real deal at what we charge.
VBC s100s winter flannel, 12 oz, pants made in Italy - a wintery version of the above. Also soft and luxurious, but thicker, more substantial, and spongier. Our Italian manufacturer says he thinks this is the best flannel in the world right now. I'm not entirely sure I'd go that far, but I think it's fantastic stuff.
Lambswool flannel, 12 oz, pants made in America - similar to the VBC s120s, though made by a different Italian mill. The primary difference here is in cut. Our American made pants are a little higher rise, and a bit more forgiving in the thighs, hip, and seat. While customers occasionally size up in the Italian pants, I don't expect that to happen much in the American pants. These are extremely well made and I'm very proud of them. As for the fabric, we're now carrying it in seven colors, and the depth and range of the color in each pair is really gorgeous. Just really rich shades.

As for restocks, we are definitely restocking the lambswool. It will depend on the others if we are short enough to justify another production run. We do have a few other pairs that just arrived (brown and bright blue VBC s100s Winter Flannel, some plaids) which should hit the site next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooker4186 View Post

I have to say, the herringbone cashmere overcoat looks unbelievable - I am trying really really hard to find a way to be able to afford it. Well done Jamison!

It is pretty stellar. I was able to get a great deal on a piece of fabric from my Neapolitan coat maker and decided "what the hell, why not."
post #2573 of 4756
to give an idea, I wore the 100s flannel on monday. The high was about 58 degrees and when I went out to the car in the morning, it was 41. The pants were comfortable for both. Above say 65, they may get a little warm.
post #2574 of 4756
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123 View Post

Lambswool flannel, 12 oz, pants made in America - similar to the VBC s120s, though made by a different Italian mill. The primary difference here is in cut. Our American made pants are a little higher rise, and a bit more forgiving in the thighs, hip, and seat. While customers occasionally size up in the Italian pants, I don't expect that to happen much in the American pants. These are extremely well made and I'm very proud of them. As for the fabric, we're now carrying it in seven colors, and the depth and range of the color in each pair is really gorgeous. Just really rich shades.

 

I got the lambswool in mid gray and green, and they're both wonderful. Really gorgeous fabrics. If my wallet allowed, I'd get every color! I still might pick up the brown.

post #2575 of 4756
You should run a suit in the VBC 120s flannel...
post #2576 of 4756

are you going to have size 8 on double monk suedes again?

post #2577 of 4756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywoodstyle View Post

are you going to have size 8 on double monk suedes again?

I think so, eventually.
post #2578 of 4756

Any idea about restocks of size 32 classic flannel in medium grey?

post #2579 of 4756
would four season super 100's be okay for california winters?
post #2580 of 4756
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinfjotli View Post

I quickly measured mine (a lambswool v-neck from last winter):

 

- chest (pit to pit) - 54.5 cm/21.5 in

- length - 67 cm/26.5 in

- sleeve from the center - 79 cm/31 in

- shoulder width - 41 cm/16.1 in

 

To compare the fit with something widely available, I have a couple of H&M v-necks size M, which fit a bit more snugly in the chest, but comparably in the length and sleeves.

So this is the small?

 

Does anyone have measurements for a large and medium?

 

Weird there are no charts on the site.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Howard Yount: Affiliate thread