or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Howard Yount: Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Howard Yount: Affiliate thread - Page 166

post #2476 of 4512
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123 View Post

1) Yes. Fit is a classic slim, really what I'm going for across the board--not aggressively tight, not frumiply loose.
2) Not until Spring 2013, as early as February. I consider this a spring/summer fabric and we have to have some limits on how much we keep in stock. Right now we have 132 different fabrics in stock, with at least one pair/size available.

Would a restock of the four season also be in Spring 2013?
post #2477 of 4512
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post

Would a restock of the four season also be in Spring 2013?

Earlier. I'm hoping to have those delivered this fall.
post #2478 of 4512
Regarding the lambswool cardigans...what size would you recommend for someone who wears a HY jacket in a 44? I suppose medium would be too small, no?
post #2479 of 4512
I'd go with a large. It should fit well, but be just a little snug. There's a possibility of special ordering these in an XL if need be, but only in navy, charcoal, dark camel, and a green.
post #2480 of 4512
Is it just me or did the two gray V-necks in size M just sell out incredibly quickly??

Also, are you going to get size 11.5 or 12 shoes in the new shoes?

Do you have measurements for the new shirts? Looking at a 16/35 and either M or L (likely M) casual shirt.
Edited by unclesam099 - 9/27/12 at 4:17pm
post #2481 of 4512
Just ordered brown twill and navy flannel trousers.
post #2482 of 4512
Can anyone comment on the longevity of the flannel trousers? Jamison maybe? If I wear one twice a week, what kind of lifespan am I looking at? Worn only during fall and winter.
post #2483 of 4512
18.5 wears. Then they disintegrate.

Buy the mans pants!
post #2484 of 4512
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOOSH View Post

18.5 wears. Then they disintegrate.
Buy the mans pants!

I guess I should provide some more context.

I bought some Epaulet cotton pants, and while I like the fit, I've noticed that after a few months they've tend to show some signs of wear that I'm unhappy with. Similar to fade points you'd find on jeans, although not that extreme. I suppose that might be due to the fabric being cotton? Does wool wear that way?

Also, Epaulet's prices seem to be creeping up pretty consistently ($150 in May, now $165), and with the new American-made line's higher rise, I think HY might be a good match for me.
post #2485 of 4512
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclesam099 View Post

Is it just me or did the two gray V-necks in size M just sell out incredibly quickly??
Also, are you going to get size 11.5 or 12 shoes in the new shoes?
Do you have measurements for the new shirts? Looking at a 16/35 and either M or L (likely M) casual shirt.

Yeah, super fast. But we'll be getting more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by althanis View Post

Can anyone comment on the longevity of the flannel trousers? Jamison maybe? If I wear one twice a week, what kind of lifespan am I looking at? Worn only during fall and winter.

I have classic flannel pants (light gray) from 2009 that I wear nearly once a week in fall and winter. So that's three years, and they look as good as new.
post #2486 of 4512
Quote:
Originally Posted by althanis View Post

I guess I should provide some more context.
I bought some Epaulet cotton pants, and while I like the fit, I've noticed that after a few months they've tend to show some signs of wear that I'm unhappy with. Similar to fade points you'd find on jeans, although not that extreme. I suppose that might be due to the fabric being cotton? Does wool wear that way?
Also, Epaulet's prices seem to be creeping up pretty consistently ($150 in May, now $165), and with the new American-made line's higher rise, I think HY might be a good match for me.

This sounds like an issue with fabric, or fit (causing excess wear to specific points) and not the "make."
post #2487 of 4512
Jamison, I have to say that the pocket square collection for this season is particularly astounding. I'm going to order a few and start wearing pocket squares more frequently now.
post #2488 of 4512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenadier View Post

Jamison, I have to say that the pocket square collection for this season is particularly astounding. I'm going to order a few and start wearing pocket squares more frequently now.

And we've got another big batch being made outside of Milan right now.
post #2489 of 4512

Just purchased my first pair of HY wool trousers. Can't wait to get them. 

 

http://www.howardyount.com/collections/wool-pants/products/classic-flannel-pants-medium-gray

 

In one hour, I purchased a pair of AE park avenues and HY pants....I'm feeling a little light headed  tongue.gif

 

 

 

The one question I had is can we specify that the shipment be sent via USPS as opposed to UPS or FexEx. I've 

had some issues with packages being taken from my townhome front door area and would like to avoid that.

post #2490 of 4512
Quote:
Originally Posted by amathew View Post

The one question I had is can we specify that the shipment be sent via USPS as opposed to UPS or FexEx. I've 
had some issues with packages being taken from my townhome front door area and would like to avoid that.

Everything that's come to me from HY has come USPS.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Howard Yount: Affiliate thread