or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Howard Yount: Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Howard Yount: Affiliate thread - Page 137

post #2041 of 4541
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineratheart View Post

Hi,
I was looking at the "Cotton Linen Single-Breasted Suit - Navy" on your website, and it looks pretty great. However, the pictures show a jacket with three patch pockets, and yet the description lists 'flap pockets'. Can you confirm as to which style the suit is?
Thanks much

Thanks for catching this. It is three open patch pockets and has been fixed. The idea is a more casual summer suit that can be split apart into a jacket and pants worn separately. A good summer vacation suit.
post #2042 of 4541
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123 View Post

Thanks for catching this. It is three open patch pockets and has been fixed. The idea is a more casual summer suit that can be split apart into a jacket and pants worn separately. A good summer vacation suit.

Yeah it looks perfect for the season - have been searching around for a patch pocket suit at a good price point for a while now. Thanks for the intel.
post #2043 of 4541

The new jackets and suits look fantastic! I am both disappointed and relieved that none of them will fit me, since I take a size 36 but have slightly narrow shoulders, so need 16.5" instead of 17".

post #2044 of 4541

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymil View Post

The new jackets and suits look fantastic! I am both disappointed and relieved that none of them will fit me, since I take a size 36 but have slightly narrow shoulders, so need 16.5" instead of 17".

 

You are overthinking it, old man. If you have narrow shoulders, they'll benefit from .25'' on either side, which is a pittance. Nothing wrong with a little extended shoulder, esp. in RTW. If you want the shoulders fitted exactly, you'll have trouble finding something like 16.5 unless it is extra-shrunken throughout. I assure you a fully unstructured shoulder is not so handsome on a thin frame, except in the most relaxed of circumstances...

post #2045 of 4541
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout2 View Post

 

You are overthinking it, old man. If you have narrow shoulders, they'll benefit from .25'' on either side, which is a pittance. Nothing wrong with a little extended shoulder, esp. in RTW. If you want the shoulders fitted exactly, you'll have trouble finding something like 16.5 unless it is extra-shrunken throughout. I assure you a fully unstructured shoulder is not so handsome on a thin frame, except in the most relaxed of circumstances...

 

I'm not sure whether you're suggesting I buy a sportcoat ('benefit from .25"') or not ('not so handsome'), but... I don't terribly like having dimpled shoulders on my sportcoats, and know from experience what difference that .5" makes. I'm acutely aware of how difficult it is to find 36 jackets with sub-17" shoulders. For that reason, I rarely buy RTW jackets, but I find several of the newest Howard Yount releases particularly attractive. I prefer to think of myself as svelte, not thin-framed.

post #2046 of 4541
Aww man no short size mad.gif
post #2047 of 4541
Quote:
Originally Posted by lychyrychy View Post

Aww man no short size mad.gif

They're all short size. smile.gif
post #2048 of 4541
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickPollica View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lychyrychy View Post

Aww man no short size mad.gif

They're all short size. smile.gif

I noticed the blue windowpane linen-cotton sports jacket has a BOC of like 28-28.5. Is this a typo? Regardless, they're sold out in 36-38 now and I'm glad I got one!
post #2049 of 4541
Gun Club is already sold out in 36 as well. Short size as in will not cover the butt?
post #2050 of 4541
Jamison - are you going to think about producing more 36R's in the future? Seems like that size always sells out within minutes.
post #2051 of 4541
Looks like almost all the suits in 40 are gone too! any chance of a restock?
post #2052 of 4541
Have my first purchases from HY being altered at the moment. A pair of the plaid pants and a pair of the garment dyed blue pants. Looking forward to getting them back and checking out the fit.
post #2053 of 4541
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickPollica View Post

They're all short size. smile.gif

Exactly.
post #2054 of 4541
Any chance that anyone will return either the navy or chestnut cords in sz 30? PM me first if you are!
post #2055 of 4541
Wow, those summer navy blazers went fast! Sold out in all but the largest size after ~2 hours.

Any idea if/when there will be a restock Jamison?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Howard Yount: Affiliate thread