or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › (Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 58  

post #856 of 21557
Looking coherent and good (especially with being able to enjoy a level of quality which i won't touch) is easier said than done. I don't get hating on his brands. The brands don't make the man. I don't even know what his pieces are, i just assume some kinda repro thing head to toe, as that's what it looks like.
post #857 of 21557
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post
Looking coherent and good (especially with being able to enjoy a level of quality which i won't touch) is easier said than done. I don't get hating on his brands. The brands don't make the man. I don't even know what his pieces are, i just assume some kinda repro thing head to toe, as that's what it looks like.

I don't think xchen looked bad at all, I think everything fit properly and it was a good repro look (I guess I would have subtracted the wallet chain)

The reason I said something and that the brands mattered to me is it seems an awful lot of money to spend on such basic items. I know quality, authenticity blah blah blah, but there is a point of diminishing returns. I'd say the same thing if it was Jil Sander.
post #858 of 21557
Posting from the "leggings with shorts" thread: Rick Owens silk basketball shorts, sneakers, sleeveless tee Raf Simons super thin poly turtleneck Under Armour leggings Thinking about this tomorrow--mid 50s shouldn't be too cold
post #859 of 21557
Magician you're still young baby bird have fun while you can.

It's going to be 81 tomorrow what should I wear hmm...
post #860 of 21557
"young baby bird"?
post #861 of 21557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bona Drag View Post
Love Souper's pic b/c of the astroturf porch. Queens?

Loll. Bar ridge. Err Bay Ridge, Brooklyn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post
souper- Either tuck that button down in or wear a shorter one or something. Not feeling the dick flap.

pinky- You're breaking my balls with that fit, man. I don't think all outfits have to be exciting and a few of your fits the past month or so have been better but i dunno. The geriatric thing is taken a bit too far in this one for me.

I rarely untuck these days. I had it tucked but the jeans are pretty low rise. The proportions look correct in the first pic, the red kept creeping up. +1 about PP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPantser View Post

another yawn inducer - zara o/ polo, incotex, clarks in dark green suede

Your use of color is usually on point. Not enough contrast this time. Boring, in a bad way. Trust me, my aesthetic goal is to take awesome labels and pieces and make them look regular-guy boring, but this is a different type of boring.
post #862 of 21557
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmmk View Post
I feel like a dark tie, a shirt with bold stripes, a bit of visible belt, or even some cufflinks or a collar pin would balance things out more.
A dark tie under that sweater does have a pretty nice effect because its sheer, so you see a bit of the tie all the way down. Boldly striped shirts do the same thing, its just hard to capture in a picture that far away (this picture shows it). I don't see cufflinks or collar pins doing anything good here though.
Quote:
Out of interest, do you ever alter your sweaters?
Yeah, I altered both the sweater and the shirt under it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post
pinky- You're breaking my balls with that fit, man. I don't think all outfits have to be exciting and a few of your fits the past month or so have been better but i dunno. The geriatric thing is taken a bit too far in this one for me.
What can I say? I am just really liking light/pale tones against each other right now and stuff like these pictures are doing it for me recently: 1 - this one in particular, more of this collection here. Obviously my fits aren't accomplishing the same look, but its something I like. 2 3 4
post #863 of 21557
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin View Post
"young baby bird"?

perhaps I should have inserted a comma after young, or instead maybe my foot in your behind?
post #864 of 21557
Your status as the clothes whisperer has been put into question.
post #865 of 21557
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC View Post
Posting from the "leggings with shorts" thread:
Rick Owens silk basketball shorts, sneakers, sleeveless tee
Raf Simons super thin poly turtleneck
Under Armour leggings

Thinking about this tomorrow--mid 50s shouldn't be too cold

It looks like you are about to go to a pick up basketball game.
post #866 of 21557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jferg4350 View Post
It looks like you are about to go to a pick up basketball game.

I'm meeting Chrono
post #867 of 21557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jferg4350 View Post
It looks like you are about to go to a pick up basketball game.

lol, I thought the same thing.
post #868 of 21557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jferg4350 View Post
It looks like you are about to go to a pick up basketball game with WNBA rejects.

Fixed it for you.
post #869 of 21557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bona Drag View Post
Fixed it for you.

Haha...glad I got last years ro sleeveless Ts as they are quite a bit more rick.
post #870 of 21557
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPantser View Post
What can I say? I am just really liking light/pale tones against each other right now and stuff like these pictures are doing it for me recently:
1 - this one in particular, more of this collection here. Obviously my fits aren't accomplishing the same look, but its something I like.
2
3
4

Trust me, i understand. However, i think part of what makes the CDG stuff work so well are the design quirks, textures and layering. I don't think it works simply to apply the color. If you liked that collection, you should look up past cdg womens collections. There was a spring one from i think 02 or 03 that was amazing. I'll look it up and pm you when i have time. Probably my favorite cdg collection, although this past spring was really strong.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › (Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread