or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Chukka versus Chelsea, the Showdown
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chukka versus Chelsea, the Showdown

post #1 of 88
Thread Starter 
post #2 of 88
voted for chelsea. chukka would be another dress shoe derivative (to my eye, this is strictly subjective) whereas a chelsea is more versatile (but not so dressy...). i am in search of another boot/chelsea for a while now. what do you have in mind?
post #3 of 88
Chukka...because I like to show off my shoe-lace tying skillz.
post #4 of 88
I <3 Chelsea boots. Which gets awkward sometimes with the new wife, as that was also the name of a previous girlfriend! :O
post #5 of 88
Chukkas. I like the detail that the laces add.
post #6 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123 View Post
Pick one. Only one.

Spoilsport - I wanted an 'atleast one of each is mandatory' option.
post #7 of 88
Chukkas....Better casual, betgter dressed up...just better in general, especially in Suede.
post #8 of 88
I think this is a bit of a country vs. city thing.

Chelseas can be worn with slim suits and jeans and are perfect for folks in London or NYC.

I think of chukkas as more of a country-style boot, at home with cords and a sweater for a walk through the country but also dressy enough (on the right last) for wool slacks, tie, and jacket.

I'm sort of a country guy myself, so I voted chukka.
post #9 of 88
I own 5 pairs of chukkas from various shoemakers, and I see plenty of other chukkas that I wouldn't mind wearing.

I've never even tried on a pair of Chelseas.

I guess it all depends on what floats your boat...
post #10 of 88
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofKent View Post
Spoilsport - I wanted an 'atleast one of each is mandatory' option.

I don't know, I think they're almost interchangeable in utility. Maybe a chukka is more casual, but the last seems more important.
post #11 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
I think this is a bit of a country vs. city thing.

Chelseas can be worn with slim suits and jeans and are perfect for folks in London or NYC.

I think of chukkas as more of a country-style boot, at home with cords and a sweater for a walk through the country but also dressy enough (on the right last) for wool slacks, tie, and jacket.

I'm sort of a country guy myself, so I voted chukka.

+1, except chelseas > chukkas.

IIRC, I own 4 pairs of chelseas and 2 pairs of chukka boots. Though I will say, my chukkas get noticed more often...hmmm....maybe I need to wear the chukka boots more often.
post #12 of 88
I've never warmed up to Chelsea Boots. Nothing against them though.
post #13 of 88
Boots in my order of preference:
1. Oxford boots
2. Derby boots
3. Jodpuhr
4. Chelsea
5. Chukka
post #14 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Boots in my order of preference:
1. Oxford boots
2. Derby boots
3. Jodpuhr
4. Chelsea
5. Chukka

QFT.
post #15 of 88
Chelsea boots are more comfortable. Just ordered my 3rd RMW. But, I wear chukkas too and like them as well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Chukka versus Chelsea, the Showdown