or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Finalists for 2008 Year-End Contest - Voting Open
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Finalists for 2008 Year-End Contest - Voting Open - Page 3

post #31 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
Yeah, but you can make it so that everyone can see specifically who voted for whom.

Ohh, I see. Is that what everyone wants? We never did it that way for the previous competitions, I think.
post #32 of 54
Eh, probably for the best. The other way might encourage more people to vote for their e-pals.
post #33 of 54
Thread Starter 
To be honest, I think being able to view the poll results before the polls close distort the result slightly. For instance if you like three different entries roughly equally, you're more likely to choose the underdog rather than refine your decision to a single entry.
post #34 of 54
I voted for Biscione this morning and was actually surprised that I made the final, considering that my pic wasn't very festive. I really liked LabelKings black tie with the blue shirt - was that one not entered in the contest?
post #35 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron View Post
I voted for Biscione this morning and was actually surprised that I made the final, considering that my pic wasn't very festive. I really liked LabelKings black tie with the blue shirt - was that one not entered in the contest?

LK had two but the white jacket one had more favour with the judges. As for yours, it passed the festivosity threshold and was therefore eligible and admired.
post #36 of 54
How did Soph not make this. That's the best for me. Also like LK's other photo.
post #37 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by yfyf View Post
To be honest, I think being able to view the poll results before the polls close distort the result slightly. For instance if you like three different entries roughly equally, you're more likely to choose the underdog rather than refine your decision to a single entry.

Actually, I'd rather that people just continue to name their support on this thread than have it exposed to everyone during or after the fact. Think of the bitching, man!

Although I'm touched and surprised, I'm still treating my inclusion as a joke and will behave accordingly - I'm going to be mocking this on me new blogge and then will be furiously Twittering and Facebooking progress reports to people who know me IRL and will happily mock me in turn

My write-in vote is for teddieriley
post #38 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by barims View Post
Actually, I'd rather that people just continue to name their support on this thread than have it exposed to everyone during or after the fact. Think of the bitching, man!

Although I'm touched and surprised, I'm still treating my inclusion as a joke and will behave accordingly - I'm going to be mocking this on me new blogge and then will be furiously Twittering and Facebooking progress reports to people who know me IRL and will happily mock me in turn

My write-in vote is for teddieriley

you're too modest!

and i agree, teddieriley was a huge omission.
post #39 of 54
did i win yet? or do i need to draw squiggly lines on my suit
post #40 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_timothy View Post
Biscione over le.gentleman because I like carnations for dinner jackets more than roses, Biscione is wearing a wing collar, and the shirt studs are not visible.

I found it a hard choice to make. le.gentleman has a great vest and setting too. Biscione has good, sharp, photo quality. I favor studs. Both looked great.
post #41 of 54
Lk! Lk!
post #42 of 54
I voted TD as I've met him & he's the real deal..

Though if I didn't meet him it would have been the BARON all the way!
post #43 of 54
i voted foof - best "festive" photo, even sans socks. and having his wife in there with him won points too. and his head looks normal sized in this photo
post #44 of 54
I can't believe I didn't make the cut (wearing ed's pants!). Jury is too impartial.....
post #45 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post
i voted foof - best "festive" photo, even sans socks. and having his wife in there with him won points too. and his head looks normal sized in this photo

Thanks! But to be fair, I'm wearing socks in the photo, just not shoes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Finalists for 2008 Year-End Contest - Voting Open