or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Bowling shirt
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bowling shirt

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
I won this on ebay: Univac bowling shirt I've never owned a bowling shirt before, and I'm feeling some post-bid trepidation. Some people will get it, but I'm sure most will think I work for a carpet cleaning company. I think I may look ok, so long as I don't slick back my hair and cuff up my jeans. Thoughts?
post #2 of 11
If I saw you wearing it I'd probably think you hadn't gotten the memo that early-mid '90s kitsch was dead and buried. If I saw the text, I'd halfway get it -- I doubt I'd put it together immediately, but I did recognize the word "UNIVAC," just didn't register right off the bat. You may end up looking like you dig on psychobilly, if that's any comfort.
post #3 of 11
Quote:
I think I may look ok, so long as I don't slick back my hair and cuff up my jeans. Thoughts?
yes please dont grease your hair and cuff your jeans....there are enough wannabes in the rockabilly scene without someone looking like one unknowingly, without even trying to. my money is on you wear it MAYBE once, then it never sees light again.
post #4 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
my money is on you wear it MAYBE once, then it never sees light again.
Yeah...that rings true. I'm just a sucker for retro-electronics though. I came this >< close to buying a nixie-tube wrist watch.
post #5 of 11
speaking of 'retro' and wristwatches.....my next watch purchase is gonna be the Hamilton Ventura.
post #6 of 11
Thread Starter 
Could one of the moderators please change the title of this thread to "A trip down the Gay Way at the 1962 Seattle World's Fair".
post #7 of 11
You should be OK. Just say things like: I dropped off the money exactly as per... look, man, I've got certain information, all right? Certain things have come to light. And, you know, has it ever occurred to you, that, instead of, uh, you know, running around, uh, uh, blaming me, you know, given the nature of all this new shit, you know, I-I-I-I... this could be a-a-a-a lot more, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, complex, I mean, it's not just, it might not be just such a simple... uh, you know?
post #8 of 11
Quote:
You should be OK.  Just say things like: I dropped off the money exactly as per... look, man, I've got certain information, all right? Certain things have come to light. And, you know, has it ever occurred to you, that, instead of, uh, you know, running around, uh, uh, blaming me, you know, given the nature of all this new shit, you know, I-I-I-I... this could be a-a-a-a lot more, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, complex, I mean, it's not just, it might not be just such a simple... uh, you know?
This is not Veitnam. There are rules.
post #9 of 11
Thread Starter 
What the fuck does Vietnam have to do with anything? What the fuck are you talking about? ... Aww fuck it dude, let's go bowling.
post #10 of 11
you maybe gotta win some sideburns, weezer glasses, the cherry poppin daddies discography and a lava lamp to really enjoy a bowling shirt.
post #11 of 11
I would think you'd have to wholly (but ironically) embrace 90's indiekitsch to make it work. That would be interesting- and ironic take on an ironic take. Move to Williamsburg and people will probably start asking you if you write for Pitchforkmedia.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Bowling shirt