Originally Posted by DocHolliday
It's interesting you say this, as I would have thought you were one of our more transformed members. Since you arrived, you've:
-dropped the full-cut Armani in favor of the much trimmer Herringbone suits and now the forum-darling Chan
-changed from fashion footwear to the ever-so-SF C&J, and now appear to be dabbling in EG
-dropped the wallet chain business
-adopted the 2" cuff
Not to suggest you don't have plenty of style of your own, particularly in terms of color use. And you certainly helped popularize the knit tie. But has your style always evolved so much in such a short time?
I was actually a little sad to see your old stuff go. It was nice to have something different on the forum.
- actually my GA + fashion f/wear was only for about 1.5 years as this was a period where I needed to quickly replace all my Brioni, Carusso & Corneliani suits as they were beginning to show the abuse I put my clothes through the daily rigor as they were all +5 years. My situation was when the JH Cutler Bespoke partnership split (the great KS & John Cutler), I (as well as lot of Australian men) suddenly had no alternative at that time as I was not traveling as frequently as I am now. For me I needed a brand that I had access to in Sydney that was consistent year in year out (not knowing how long I would have to wait) & Armani Black Label was such that I was able to walk in & feel confident that I would have a consistent wardrobe.
- I have posted pics before of me in Brioni, Carusso & Corneliani suits before as I still would roll them out for "serious" meetings.
- but it was through SF that I met Ethan from Herringbone & it was through him that I changed my wardrobe literally in a month - from having +10 GABL suits to a very workable wardrobe of 6 Herringbone suits (in fact, I bought everything in my size that was cut in the "Osaka" or "Milano" block
- majority of my shirts were bespoke from JK Cutler & I did 2 +10 orders of Jantzen shirts last year as I started to travel again with my new role
- as for f/wear, classic style did not fit into the GABL mould
- even if I was to post up all my GABL fits you will notice a few consistencies to today, knit ties, teh use of color & tailored shirts.
- I believe if I did not have the classic Italian style before hand I would have been able to make the GABL look not the GABL look (if that makes sense), in fact I remember getting PMs from members clarifying that I was actually wearing GA & what size as the way I wore GA was not GA as displayed in their look books etc.
- though through out this GA period my w/end or sports wear has not changed, i.e. woven shirts with cotton pants, white or raw denim jeans etc.
- funny you should mention the wallet chain as I do miss that & have been looking for something in a smaller profile to start using again..
- to answer you final Q, when I do make my mind (with anything) I go about very quickly to change or adopt etc.