Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
We've already got the definition. As far as examples, there's plenty of groupthink abound on SF.
1) Black suits are wrong
2) Allen Edmond shoes are attractive
3) Windsor knots are bad
4) Any jacket that isn't canvassed is unacceptable
5) Unbuttoning jacket sleeve buttons is wrong
6) Paying retail for anything means you got ripped off
7) Recognizable logo's are never acceptable
I have come to agree with the group think here in regards to black suits. It is frustrating because if you go to various websites for Business Schools--they have a dress code for class or for presentations. In black and white it says that grey, navy and BLACK suits are appropriate for business wear. IMO, this only contributes to the problem.
+1 on the AE.
Disagree on the Windson Knot. IMO, the knot should match the collar.
Canvassed--Oxxford doesn't use a full canvas.
+1 on sleeve buttons.
Retail--I pay retail. I don't want to compromise fit or selection. I like to save $ where I can, but people that buy custom clothes and bespoke shoes aren't looking for a bargain!!
+1 on logos.