or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Boots?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Boots? - Page 3

post #31 of 41
Don't be sorry. I have no idea what you are talking about.
post #32 of 41
Quote:
I've always liked these, being an Indy geek: http://www.aldenshop.com/DrawOneShoe.asp?CategoryID=109
These look like Red Wings.
post #33 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Rogers View Post
I was wondering what boots are your favorites? What do you rock?


I am also looking for some nice ones, not timbs, not cowboy, but something more along these lines:


I really want leather, not rubber soles though.

I'm bumping this because I really want to find out what kind of boot those are. Are they even boots? The have a really low heel which is what I was looking for.
post #34 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesATX View Post
I'm bumping this because I really want to find out what kind of boot those are. Are they even boots? The have a really low heel which is what I was looking for.

Ha! Ridiculously old thread. They look like chelseas of some sort... you can kind of see the elastic sides.
post #35 of 41
Ha ha, yeah it is a pretty old thread. I think they may be a really worn pair of these: or these: http://www.fryeboots.com/subpages/ca...n=2@goToPage=2
post #36 of 41
I was hoping a thread like this would come up.

I need to get a pair of boots pretty soon. My Dad, brother and I own a small contract drilling and mineral exploration company so my day to day dress is pretty casual. I'm usually wearing sneakers, jeans and a sweater or long sleeve tshirt. I'd like to get a pair of boots that will be fitting for what I do. They can't be overly dressy because they will get beat up.

I really liked that pair of frye boots in the last picture but is there something similar to that but with a capped toe? I find the plain toe, like in the boots posted, to be a bit boring. Other than that, I really like them. Any suggestions?

Also, is frye fairly true to size? My Adidas Chile '62 are size 9 and my converse are size 8.5 I think.
post #37 of 41
Anyone care to hazard a guess as to what nudies the guy in the picture above is wearing ? I'm guessing olas or a sized down Ralf ??
post #38 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by modual View Post
Anyone care to hazard a guess as to what nudies the guy in the picture above is wearing ? I'm guessing olas or a sized down Ralf ??

I would guess sized down Ralf because the rise looks too high for an Ola.
post #39 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by DucatiCole View Post
I would guess sized down Ralf because the rise looks too high for an Ola.

Thanks man
post #40 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by DucatiCole View Post
I was hoping a thread like this would come up.

I need to get a pair of boots pretty soon. My Dad, brother and I own a small contract drilling and mineral exploration company so my day to day dress is pretty casual. I'm usually wearing sneakers, jeans and a sweater or long sleeve tshirt. I'd like to get a pair of boots that will be fitting for what I do. They can't be overly dressy because they will get beat up.

I really liked that pair of frye boots in the last picture but is there something similar to that but with a capped toe? I find the plain toe, like in the boots posted, to be a bit boring. Other than that, I really like them. Any suggestions?

Also, is frye fairly true to size? My Adidas Chile '62 are size 9 and my converse are size 8.5 I think.

No, Frye runs large, IME. I've got a pair of Brandos in 9 and I'm always a 9.5-10 in everything else.
post #41 of 41
I just got a pair of Clark's Desert Boots. I don't love the crepe sole and how you can sort of see it peaking, but I love the front of the boot, and especially the medium brown color I got. I expect to wear these constantly.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Boots?