or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › Heavily discounted cloth (flannel, fresco, tweed, etc.) direct from Minnis and Hardy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Heavily discounted cloth (flannel, fresco, tweed, etc.) direct from Minnis and Hardy - Page 2

post #16 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley View Post
As a FYI to everyone, a friend ordered cloth from Andrew and was very happy with the service and prices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hossoso View Post
I've done business with Andrew, incredibly punctual. I would be shocked if he ever had an unsatisfied customer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITAronin View Post
Will have to echo the kudos for Andrew. I recived one length of the Alsport donegal tweed that was shipped from the UK and a lenth of the gray pick and pick from Australia within one week of my order. Excellent price point and service.
Thanks again! Just a notice to everyone else: a group order is going through at 11AM GMT Monday (2nd). If you want to get your cloth delivered by the end of this week, I suggest you jump on board that order. To do so, you will need to contact me and arrange payment by 11AM GMT, preferably 10AM GMT Monday 2 March. If you miss the deadline, I cannot guarantee your order's inclusion in this round. There will likely be another, but it might not ship until a week's time or two. This round has now closed. Depending on how things go the new deadline for the next group is Friday 10AM GMT.
post #17 of 54
I ordered fabric from Andrew and highly recommend him. His customer service is terrific--and of course the cloth is phenomenal.
post #18 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophe View Post
I ordered fabric from Andrew and highly recommend him. His customer service is terrific--and of course the cloth is phenomenal.

Thanks. Philosophe is a first-rate buyer as well.
post #19 of 54
I can vouche for Andrew too. He is a great guy!! Thanks for all your help!
post #20 of 54
Andrew is great! Another couple of pictures .... mmhhhh future projects, right now I must calm down. Covert Classic blue pick&pick
post #21 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabloj View Post
Andrew is great!

Another couple of pictures .... mmhhhh future projects, right now I must calm down.
Covert

Classic blue pick&pick

A very nice pick on that covert coating which seems to be increasingly hard to find, and almost non-existent off the rack
post #22 of 54
I strongly suggest people who like these fabrics go and stock up, I've heard that Hardy is facing some hard times.
post #23 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4phage View Post
I strongly suggest people who like these fabrics go and stock up, I've heard that Hardy is facing some hard times.
This is sadly very true: I can safely say so now so that it might not be perceived as mere sales talk or hype. I advise everyone to get orders in sooner rather than later. This could have two consequences: you save the company; or you do not regret never buying the stuff in the first place once you cannot get it any more! I have also been able to get my hands on 9.5m of 1956 dark grey twill Dorchester I can offer at a reduction above and beyond the already reduced price of $40. However, this price is only available for 9.5m and if it ships from me directly, as I have it here with me in Adelaide, and it will not come from John G Hardy directly as a normal order would. Price per metre is $25 US (normally about $95 US) Picture of the stuff Forgive the dodgy wood, but I live in an old house Shipping by airmail on cuts from this length depends on how much you order and where you are located. Just a note re pinning. I did not pay this time to have the thread re-pinned, but all the offers still stand. I might pin it again in the future. ALSO the next deadline is Friday 11AM GMT.
post #24 of 54
Unfortunately I had to tighten my budget
Too bad
post #25 of 54
Thread Starter 
This is just an update to let everyone know the next deadline is Thursday 11AM GMT. There are a few members who have been interested but have not yet placed their orders. Now would be a good time, if you are all still interested.

Thanks
post #26 of 54
Thread Starter 
4m of Dorchester at $25 per metre gone, which leaves 5.5m at this price
post #27 of 54
Would you mind posting photos of Airborne and Rangoon?
Those on the site are terrible
Thanks
post #28 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pabloj View Post
Would you mind posting photos of Airborne and Rangoon?
Those on the site are terrible
Thanks

I have sent swatches out (as per PM).

To everyone else: there have been very modest price increases on only a few types of cloth. Most have stayed the same as before. This was to account for some slight currency changes (value of the USD).

Thanks,

Andrew

PS There is a deadline this Tuesday, after that, it might be later the same week or the next one.
post #29 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewRogers View Post
4m of Dorchester at $25 per metre gone, which leaves 5.5m at this price
Andrew, I have followed this thread with interest. I don't need a new suit, but I want a new suit, and, I want to try one of the few local tailors left that I may find in the near future. Thus, I want a bargain as the material may sit around a bit waiting for the right moment.
In your opinion, is this remainder of Dorchester enough for a three piece suit, and would it make a good suit if given to a competent tailor? If not, do you have anything else more suitable in this price range?
Regards, Jon W. Austin, Texas
post #30 of 54
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spats View Post
Andrew, I have followed this thread with interest. I don't need a new suit, but I want a new suit, and, I want to try one of the few local tailors left that I may find in the near future. Thus, I want a bargain as the material may sit around a bit waiting for the right moment.
In your opinion, is this remainder of Dorchester enough for a three piece suit, and would it make a good suit if given to a competent tailor? If not, do you have anything else more suitable in this price range?
Regards, Jon W. Austin, Texas

That's it for Dorchester at $25 a metre; it's now back to $40 a metre from the mill. Also, the next round will be Monday the 6th of April.

Thanks,

Andrew
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › Heavily discounted cloth (flannel, fresco, tweed, etc.) direct from Minnis and Hardy