Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:55 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 5:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Tie advice Last post on 6/10/12 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Help me find a tie with this pattern/design! (Picture included) Last post on 6/10/12 at 12:12pm in Classic Menswear
- Tie Swap Box UK / Europe Edition Last post on 2/2/14 at 12:26pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Soporific Tie Pr0n - Page 112
Styleforum Top Picks
Antonio Muro is a small tie maker in Napoli, really fantastic to deal with. Doesn't speak a word of English!
Every tie is made by hand the old fashioned way, each piece of silk is cut individually and lined, the ones I have all have hand rolled edges. Some of the finest silks I've come across and the construction and finishing is in the typical Neapolitan style, very rustic.
Thanks. Most people on the forum prefer the unlined tip, lightly lined ties ("unlined" ties are typically lined halfway down the blade) but on my site the preference is for fully lined, self tipped ties, its all just preference. I'm probably going to stick with 90% fully lined and 10% untipped going forward, I've fallen out of love with the untipped stuff, also going to do very little Macclasfield prints. BTW, I can typically make any of the fabrics I have in any size or construction on a made to order basis.
They are sold also in selected stores but they could be ordered only in their showroom or at Pitti and not from the standard sale agents.
This at least until some years ago, a friend sold them in his boutique with other nice products like striped swimwear etc.
- Soporific Tie Pr0n
Styleforum Top Picks
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 7 seconds ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 39 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › The MBA Thread 2 minutes ago
- › BNWT Belvest for Jay Kos SC 51/49 Silk/Cashmere 38/40 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Whey protein 2014 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...