Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 5:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Tie advice Last post on 6/10/12 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
Last edited: Yesterday
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Soporific Tie Pr0n - Page 112
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1667 of 201012/29/12 at 11:42am
Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by gsugsu
Antonio Muro is a small tie maker in Napoli, really fantastic to deal with. Doesn't speak a word of English!
Every tie is made by hand the old fashioned way, each piece of silk is cut individually and lined, the ones I have all have hand rolled edges. Some of the finest silks I've come across and the construction and finishing is in the typical Neapolitan style, very rustic.post #1668 of 201012/29/12 at 11:55amQuote:
Thanks. Most people on the forum prefer the unlined tip, lightly lined ties ("unlined" ties are typically lined halfway down the blade) but on my site the preference is for fully lined, self tipped ties, its all just preference. I'm probably going to stick with 90% fully lined and 10% untipped going forward, I've fallen out of love with the untipped stuff, also going to do very little Macclasfield prints. BTW, I can typically make any of the fabrics I have in any size or construction on a made to order basis.post #1669 of 201012/29/12 at 12:22pmpost #1670 of 201012/29/12 at 5:18pmpost #1671 of 201012/30/12 at 12:49ampost #1672 of 201012/30/12 at 1:00ampost #1673 of 201012/30/12 at 1:04ampost #1674 of 201012/30/12 at 3:16ampost #1675 of 201012/30/12 at 3:32ampost #1676 of 201012/30/12 at 3:36ampost #1677 of 201012/30/12 at 6:48ampost #1678 of 201012/30/12 at 2:16pmpost #1679 of 201012/30/12 at 2:33pmpost #1680 of 201012/30/12 at 2:39pmQuote:
They are sold also in selected stores but they could be ordered only in their showroom or at Pitti and not from the standard sale agents.
This at least until some years ago, a friend sold them in his boutique with other nice products like striped swimwear etc.
- Soporific Tie Pr0n
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 34 seconds ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 8 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...