Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on Yesterday at 1:12 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:15 am in Classic Menswear
- Tie advice Last post on 6/10/12 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Soporific Tie Pr0n - Page 109
Styleforum Top Picks
I'm on the run for new ties. As you all know most of my ties are Brioni have tried out few Rubinacci aswell (love them). Strangely enough I don't even own a Drake's tie yet...
I'll put it like this, best quality ties out there? Little information and why you think they are so great?
Rank it like this if you want :)
I would say around €50 if you ask me I don't think Massimo is worth that price. Nice ties but there are better ties out there. And you can find many nice tiies and better brands for that many on B&S.
It was a little over a year ago I first came across SF, since then with a limited budget I made 4 calculated tie purchases erring strongly towards soporific. From left to right, Paul Smith wool/silk blend, E. Zegna cashmere, Sam Hober grenadine piccola, Kent Wang grenadine grossa.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
After 1-2 more soporific ties, I think I might be ready to branch out to something not-quite as low key but still tasteful - would this be a good example of the kind of thing to look for? http://henrycarter.com.au/products-page/ties/blue-plaid-classic-construction/
I have a half-dozen older ties, not quality or particularly appealing but serviceable in an emergency I suppose. For my next two purchases I am thinking something along the lines of:
Obviously all of these are safe in both patterns and colors. Any recommendations on what to look at afterwards?
- Soporific Tie Pr0n
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 10 seconds ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 26 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 31 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 3 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 4 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 5 minutes ago
- › NYC Meet-Up Tuesday, July 21st 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...