Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Tie advice Last post on 6/10/12 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Help me find a tie with this pattern/design! (Picture included) Last post on 6/10/12 at 12:12pm in Classic Menswear
- Tie Swap Box UK / Europe Edition Last post on 2/2/14 at 12:26pm in Classic Menswear
- Formality/dressiness hierarchy for pumps and oxfords Last post on 10/5/11 at 10:14am in Classic Menswear
- The Tux and Bow Tie vs. The Dark Suit and Straight Tie at Black-Tie Events. The WSJ weighs in Last post on 10/5/11 at 7:52am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Soporific Tie Pr0n - Page 109
Styleforum Top Picks
I'm on the run for new ties. As you all know most of my ties are Brioni have tried out few Rubinacci aswell (love them). Strangely enough I don't even own a Drake's tie yet...
I'll put it like this, best quality ties out there? Little information and why you think they are so great?
Rank it like this if you want :)
I would say around €50 if you ask me I don't think Massimo is worth that price. Nice ties but there are better ties out there. And you can find many nice tiies and better brands for that many on B&S.
It was a little over a year ago I first came across SF, since then with a limited budget I made 4 calculated tie purchases erring strongly towards soporific. From left to right, Paul Smith wool/silk blend, E. Zegna cashmere, Sam Hober grenadine piccola, Kent Wang grenadine grossa.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
After 1-2 more soporific ties, I think I might be ready to branch out to something not-quite as low key but still tasteful - would this be a good example of the kind of thing to look for? http://henrycarter.com.au/products-page/ties/blue-plaid-classic-construction/
I have a half-dozen older ties, not quality or particularly appealing but serviceable in an emergency I suppose. For my next two purchases I am thinking something along the lines of:
Obviously all of these are safe in both patterns and colors. Any recommendations on what to look at afterwards?
- Soporific Tie Pr0n
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 17 seconds ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › Recent non-Sartorialist Looks 7 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 7 minutes ago
- › Art 13 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 18 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)