Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 2:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- Tie advice Last post on 6/10/12 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Soporific Tie Pr0n - Page 109
Styleforum Top Picks
I'm on the run for new ties. As you all know most of my ties are Brioni have tried out few Rubinacci aswell (love them). Strangely enough I don't even own a Drake's tie yet...
I'll put it like this, best quality ties out there? Little information and why you think they are so great?
Rank it like this if you want :)
I would say around €50 if you ask me I don't think Massimo is worth that price. Nice ties but there are better ties out there. And you can find many nice tiies and better brands for that many on B&S.
It was a little over a year ago I first came across SF, since then with a limited budget I made 4 calculated tie purchases erring strongly towards soporific. From left to right, Paul Smith wool/silk blend, E. Zegna cashmere, Sam Hober grenadine piccola, Kent Wang grenadine grossa.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
After 1-2 more soporific ties, I think I might be ready to branch out to something not-quite as low key but still tasteful - would this be a good example of the kind of thing to look for? http://henrycarter.com.au/products-page/ties/blue-plaid-classic-construction/
I have a half-dozen older ties, not quality or particularly appealing but serviceable in an emergency I suppose. For my next two purchases I am thinking something along the lines of:
Obviously all of these are safe in both patterns and colors. Any recommendations on what to look at afterwards?
- Soporific Tie Pr0n
- › All Things Hippity and Hoppity 31 seconds ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 35 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › 2x Panta x Massdrop Ties 3.5" x 58" (1 Navy, 1 Green) 2 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Metropolitan Opera House Dress Code 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...