or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Talk about unaffiliated retailers here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Talk about unaffiliated retailers here - Page 12

post #166 of 917
i've ordered from them a couple of times, and have never had to pay duties/tax. they just hand it over. BUT i have gotten an invoice from fedex for some amount that is way less than duties/taxes would have been. i forget what it was for, must have been brokerage fees or something...
post #167 of 917
I've found the duty fees to be random. That is, sometimes you get nailed but mostly no fees are assigned. I think with the government needing more money, more packages will be assigned fees.
post #168 of 917
Has anyone had any problems returning something to TBS? I shipped a pair of pants back via the USPS exactly three weeks ago and they still haven't received them. I should have gotten a tracking number, but alas it would have been even more expensive so I didn't. Has anyone else had issues with returns being held up in customs?
post #169 of 917
ive ordered from toronto twice in the last 4-6 months and have been hit with duty both times.
post #170 of 917
If you are in Canada don't use any other courier besides the national one. Duties for fedex, ups (especially ups), and puralator can double the item's cost. I once bought an actuarial science exam book for 120 and duties on it were like 100. I said fuck that and didn't pay so I don't know what became of that.
post #171 of 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassmanpatsfan18 View Post
Has anyone had any problems returning something to TBS? I shipped a pair of pants back via the USPS exactly three weeks ago and they still haven't received them. I should have gotten a tracking number, but alas it would have been even more expensive so I didn't. Has anyone else had issues with returns being held up in customs?

i once returned a pair of shoes from germany and it took 2 weeks or so till i got my money back, so i imagine it would take longer from the US
post #172 of 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rölfi View Post
i once returned a pair of shoes from germany and it took 2 weeks or so till i got my money back, so i imagine it would take longer from the US

Yeah I just got an email this morning telling me that they received me package, 22 days after I sent it.
post #173 of 917
Chanimal, were you hit with duties on the full amount? Was it a lot? I thought Tres Bien marked down package values?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanimal View Post
ive ordered from toronto twice in the last 4-6 months and have been hit with duty both times.
post #174 of 917
They just shipped to me fedex so I am pretty much certain that I'll be hit with a brokerage fee. UPS and Fedex are fucking horrendous excuses for businesses. If you ship something to me from the USA using any service besides USPS, I will almost certainly ask for my money back.
post #175 of 917
I believe FedEX International shipments include the brokerage fee in the shipping cost. It's only if you get it shipped via FedEX Ground that you have to pay additional brokerage fees on top of the shipping cost.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_May View Post
They just shipped to me fedex so I am pretty much certain that I'll be hit with a brokerage fee. UPS and Fedex are fucking horrendous excuses for businesses. If you ship something to me from the USA using any service besides USPS, I will almost certainly ask for my money back.
post #176 of 917
Well, let's hope you're right. Most of my shipping experience comes from US to Canada, within Canada, USPS within USA and Royal Mail within the UK, which ship to my proxies. So really the only international service to Canada I have to worry about is US to Can and if it's shipped USPS it's awesome. If it's UPS or Fedex, it goes smoothly exactly 0% of the time.
post #177 of 917
When I lived in Canada I used to order from TBS all the time and when they started sending packages using Fedex (they used to just use Swedish Post) I would always get charged customs fees. Sometimes I would have to pay them to the driver when he/she delivered the packages, but most of the time I would receive a bill a few weeks later. It was always for the same amount (about $25) because TBS would always mark the packages down to the same amount.
post #178 of 917
^Yeah I get those from Fedex as well. I haven't bothered to pay a single one yet. They hand them off to a collection agency. It's pretty god damned hilarious, as if anyone's going to go draw up a G-order for $31.25.
post #179 of 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_May View Post
^Yeah I get those from Fedex as well. I haven't bothered to pay a single one yet. They hand them off to a collection agency. It's pretty god damned hilarious, as if anyone's going to go draw up a G-order for $31.25.

Aren't there repercussions for having things sent to collections? I don't know how it works in Canada, but I think that sort of thing shows up on our credit reports here in the US.
post #180 of 917
Yes, it does damage credit rating. I am completely not credit worthy in any case as a result of student debt. By the time I'm out from under that I will be in excellent shape credit-wise, though I don't intend to debt finance much in my life as I don't have any designs on a mortgage.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Talk about unaffiliated retailers here