or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Apolis Activism SS09 and FW09
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apolis Activism SS09 and FW09 - Page 3

post #31 of 257
blue oxford military woven will be mine
post #32 of 257
really dig all of it, and would feel less awkward dropping the $$$ on the pieces knowing how much these guys do for invisible children et cetera.

robbie
post #33 of 257
I think I have a shirt and tie from Apolis that I never really wear. The tie has unfixable creases from a trip in a suitcase and the shirt is just off in some way that irks me.

Nice pants, but I doubt I'd buy them. And shirts with epaulets died two years ago.

All in all, it's all a bit too J.Crew for me but some might like that aspect.
post #34 of 257
Doesn't really look like J. Crew at all, way too many military references. Kind of interested in the pants and the workshirt, collabo bag looks good too.
post #35 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpcec View Post
Doesn't really look like J. Crew at all, way too many military references. Kind of interested in the pants and the workshirt, collabo bag looks good too.

The shorts, shirts, pants, and ties are J. Crew doppelgangers.
post #36 of 257
The ties, pants and shorts are all so unremarkable that you could liken them to nearly any brand, plain khaki shorts and pants are not specific to J. Crew and neither are solid color ties. Last I checked J.Crew doesn't sell any shirts with epaulets, three quarter plackets or cigarette pockets. On top of that J. Crew doesn't make military jackets/ coats or overshirts. The comparison is weak at best.
post #37 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post

All in all, it's all a bit too J.Crew for me but some might like that aspect.


i can see the resemblance, but would assume these aren't constructed by slave wage laborers in laos, and the fit is much less egalitarian that JCrew imo.
post #38 of 257
Anybody know how their sweaters and jackets fit? I'm already set on getting the bag but the Thomson jacket is looking mighty swell. I seem to be dead center between M and L in all the brands I currently own so purchasing online is a crapshoot for me
post #39 of 257
What stores in LA carry this brand?
post #40 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustadrian View Post
What stores in LA carry this brand?
http://www.apolisactivism.com/?event=stockists
post #41 of 257
that waxed USMC jacket is great, would love something like that.
post #42 of 257
Maybe I just have work/military-wear fatigue, but I nearly agree with why. The only thing that really differentiates the brand seems to be the political/charitable aspect, which is cool I guess. The SS stuff doesn't look particularly special at all. The F/W stuff looks very nice, just not much different from what EG (work shirts), R+B (dark waxed jackets, military influences), NDG, etc. have been doing the last few years.

I would be happy to own any of it; I just don't get the excitement.
post #43 of 257
Wow, these two lines are really amazing. Kind of bummed that a neighboring store picked up the line before I did.
post #44 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782 View Post
Maybe I just have work/military-wear fatigue, but I nearly agree with why. The only thing that really differentiates the brand seems to be the political/charitable aspect, which is cool I guess. The SS stuff doesn't look particularly special at all. The F/W stuff looks very nice, just not much different from what EG (work shirts), R+B (dark waxed jackets, military influences), NDG, etc. have been doing the last few years.

I would be happy to own any of it; I just don't get the excitement.

+a lot.

Though you guys have heard/would expect this from me anyway...
post #45 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782 View Post
Maybe I just have work/military-wear fatigue, but I nearly agree with why. The only thing that really differentiates the brand seems to be the political/charitable aspect, which is cool I guess. The SS stuff doesn't look particularly special at all.

I just don't get the excitement.

yea I'm in this camp. I actually tried on a few shirts from Apolis in early 2008 or late 07 (?) at American Rag, didnt even remember the brand until Whodini had brought my attention back to it. From what I recall, the fit wasnt much different from the typical OTR fit that most shirts have (would need to be tailored) and I'm kinda tired of all the neo-military looks that so many brands seem to have now. But if that's what you're into then I guess Apolis just presents another option.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Apolis Activism SS09 and FW09