or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Facebook: Yay or Nay?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Facebook: Yay or Nay? - Page 5

post #61 of 95
I deactivated my account a few weeks ago. I've survived. People are actually sending me e-mails again.

On the downside, you can still Google me. Eff.
post #62 of 95
i quit for the third (and final?) time today
post #63 of 95
What'd you write for the "Reason For Leaving" space?
post #64 of 95
previously i wrote "i don't feel safe" but this time i wrote "spend too much time on FB" because it doesn't ask you a follow-up question
post #65 of 95
I happily removed annoying people from my facebook page today (they say those being ditched don't get notified, I wish they did), what a relief.
post #66 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabienne View Post
I happily removed annoying people from my facebook page today (they say those being ditched don't get notified, I wish they did), what a relief.

Oh I got a message. Thanx a bunch!
post #67 of 95
I have no problem with facebook. My friends kept bugging me to join and I've found a number of old classmates and friends who had moved away when we were children and before we all had phones and computers. Great tool.

I don't spend more than 15 minutes on it every day or so, so I'm not sure what the big deal everyone says in regards to it being a time suck. Everything is as big a time suck as you make it.
post #68 of 95
by the way, there are all kinds of ways to make facebook very private and prevent it from showing your info to google and all that. it all actually works pretty well.
post #69 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
I registered, but have never used it. Apparently I have a few friends, but I don't know who they are, and have no idea how they found me.

I saw someone named "Matthew X" posted on LabelKing's Facebook page with respect to Mrs. Obama's inaugural outfit something along the lines of, "I'd rather put my cigarette out on my ass than let me wife wear that." I thought for sure it was you.
post #70 of 95
A "yay" for facebook. Just becareful as other posters have said about what you post in case of future/current employers and the google factor. Facebook does have some good privacy control settings, so you can techically lock it up tight, where no one sees anything, but you still get the benefits of connecting with people you've lost touch with.
post #71 of 95
im sort of tired of the whole social networking idea. yeah it was novel 7 years ago but now its just sad. when your aunt and grandma starting trying to add you as their friend theres something wrong with the world.
post #72 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by junthin View Post
A "yay" for facebook. Just becareful as other posters have said about what you post in case of future/current employers and the google factor. Facebook does have some good privacy control settings, so you can techically lock it up tight, where no one sees anything, but you still get the benefits of connecting with people you've lost touch with.



Some Companies use it to find out extra stuff about you!
post #73 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLIW View Post
Some Companies use it to find out extra stuff about you!

no way!
post #74 of 95
facebook?
post #75 of 95
i've got several friends now but can't seem to find anybody...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Facebook: Yay or Nay?